PDA

View Full Version : Any benefit to sub-classing?

Brizone
Jul 14, 2014, 12:54 AM
Hello guys it's me again :D

I have another noob question, I've selected Hunter as my sub-class, but it seems like I'm still unable to wield any swords..

However, when i switched the main class, I'm able to wield it but i can't use any rifles..

My Ranger is at lv 26 currently, while my Hunter is at lv 12

Question is, what [other benefit to sub-classing] beside addition in stats?

Also, will i still be able to use Rifles when the Gunner class is available and i select it as my main class?

Thanks again :D

Kisai ~ きさい
Jul 14, 2014, 12:59 AM
Stats and abilities (Weak Stance, Weak Bullet, etc.) that come with that class.

obsexed
Jul 14, 2014, 01:00 AM
you need to have an all-class sword if you wanna equip it as a ranger and yes gunners can use rifles too.

Brizone
Jul 14, 2014, 01:06 AM
Nice to know :D

Anyway, I still can train gunner as my main/sub class when it's available right? I don't want to spend any AC just to be able to train another class..

Also another noob question, i have [Perfect Guard] skill on my hunter sub-class, but i don't know which button i need to press in order to block..

>_>

Kisai ~ きさい
Jul 14, 2014, 01:06 AM
You won't be able to use any Photon Arts, though.

On the plus side, you CAN use Techs if you have Force or Techer as a sub-class.

blace
Jul 14, 2014, 01:07 AM
You get 20% of the subclasses total stats, skills from the skill tree and PA's available to you. All class weaponry is your only option to being able to use a rifle or launcher on a Hunter the same is needed for Ranger if you wish to use melee. Rifles, mech guns and gunslashes are the default weapons for a Gunner. By default the block key is shift when using swords, wired lances or partisans.

To elaborate on the 20% bonus stats, your main class level determines the cap on your subclass. Example, say you're playing as a level 10 Force and are using a level 20 Ranger as a subclass, you will only get 20% from Ranger as if it were at level 10. Classes can be switched any time, what you have equipped as your main class is your main class and subclass as a sub. You only get experience for the classes you're currently running around as.

You should be asking your questions here: Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385).

Zorua
Jul 14, 2014, 01:07 AM
Fury stance

Achelousaurus
Jul 15, 2014, 08:06 AM
Subclass gets 10% of the exp until lvl 50, then it stops getting any.
This is nice when you want to lvl 2 classes at once, for example I am feeding all COs to my gu/fo.

Some skills only work if the class in main but work with sub. There a many builds viable or even great only because the right class is subbed and a lot more hybrids and possible combinations to use.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 15, 2014, 11:40 PM
sub class bonuses
#1 stats and earlier access to better weapons and gear these go hand in hand
#2 you get the skill tree of your subclass which adds passives giving you extra boosts
#3 if techer or force you get technics
#4 you are able to use that classes photon arts if you have an class weapon
example hunter main braver sub all class bow you can use any bow PA photon art
example ranger force any weapon you will be able to cast resta Ilmegid ect
hope this helps

MRLADYBOY
Jul 16, 2014, 02:00 AM
I would suggest looking at the "skill tree simulator" also before assigning skill points. If gunner is the class you want to main then i suggest sinking all hunter skill points into fury stance as you get ALLOT of power through that.

Aquanos
Jul 16, 2014, 02:03 AM
Pro tip
don't mess up your tree, you will regret it like me.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 16, 2014, 03:08 AM
Pro tip
don't mess up your tree, you will regret it like me.

second pro tip, try to log in at least once every few weeks even if your not playing, that way if SEGA messes with the trees you'll get an all skill tree reset pass per character+^_^+ i have like 16 saved up+^_^+