PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 problem with logging in

TheDoom
Jul 15, 2014, 08:12 AM
me and my friend tried to get pso2 jp. while mine downloaded and works perfectly fine, he cant log in for some reason.

when he tries to login it stays awhile on the authentication part and then says "server connection timed out"

i'm wondering if any one has heard of this problem or knows how to fix it.
i'm thinking it has something to do with his internet connection. he tried restarting his router, and that didn't work.

there is also a window that pops up in Japanese right before you have to select a ship (or server), at the bottom of it it say (no.2305) i have no clue if its an error but i don't get that when i get to the ship selecting screen.

the thing that pops up look like this:
http://imgur.com/xAvqwm3
EDIT: sorry for having to use a link i'm a noob
EDIT: the issue concerning this image has been resolved

also if he tries to connect the second time the game crashes

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated
(and u will be rewarded with an imaginary cookie)

NexusAZ
Jul 15, 2014, 08:49 AM
If I translated it properly(and I probably didn't), it looks to be an issue concerning the date and time. Ask him to make sure that the time on his computer is synced properly.

TheDoom
Jul 15, 2014, 08:59 AM
ok, that is fixed now, he dosn't get that box, thanks for that.

but there still is the connection problem.

NexusAZ
Jul 15, 2014, 09:02 AM
ok, that is fixed now, he dosn't get that box, thanks for that.

but there still is the connection problem.

Wow, I was actually right? Go me

A lot of people are unable to connect at the moment. There are only a few ISPs outside of Japan that can connect without issue right now.

TheDoom
Jul 15, 2014, 09:05 AM
alright thanks for that info. so your advice would be just to wait it out?

NexusAZ
Jul 15, 2014, 09:12 AM
alright thanks for that info. so your advice would be just to wait it out?

Personally, that's what I would suggest. There's no guarantee that many of us will be able to connect again though.

You CAN use a VPN to connect to the game, but it's HIGHLY advised to NOT use a free VPN. If you do intend to use a VPN, the safest way is to use one that provides a static IP exclusive to you only.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

^ That is probably your best bet outside of not using a VPN at all.

TheDoom
Jul 15, 2014, 01:01 PM
that's the thing though, we tried using a VPN before i posted this and it STILL didn't work. so i was wondering whether there is something wrong with his internet or if someone knew what was going on.

anyway thanks for your help