PDA

View Full Version : Multiple monitors question

kurokyosuke
Jul 15, 2014, 10:53 AM
Is it possible to load PSO2 fullscreen on a different monitor that isn't set as your main display? I want to have PSO2 on one screen and my taskbar and everything else on the other, but I don't know how to set that up, if it's even possible. I'm using Win7, if that means anything.

Angry_Ryudo
Jul 15, 2014, 11:17 AM
I think PSO2 will run always in the main display. But you can set the taskbar to show a start button in all monitors and you can move your icons to the other display.

kurokyosuke
Jul 15, 2014, 11:21 AM
Guess that'll have to do. Sucks that I'll still see the taskbar over PSO2 when I'm alt-tabbed, but it's not really a problem.
EDIT: And until just now, I forgot that you can actually move the taskbar. I always had the thing locked since I never needed to move it before.
EDIT2: But this still doesn't prevent new windows from opening on the same monitor as PSO2, which is why I wanted the main display to be different to begin with.

AIDA
Jul 15, 2014, 11:30 AM
There's a program called UltraMon. Download it and set a shortcut for "Sending to other monitors". (I used ctrl + shift + right/left) Once PSO2 starts, just hit the combination and it switches to the other monitor, no taskbar showing. :)

kurokyosuke
Jul 15, 2014, 11:33 AM
I'll try that out. Thanks, AIDA.
EDIT: Hm, I was hoping for a program that was free. I'll look around to see if there are any alternatives.

Angry_Ryudo
Jul 15, 2014, 11:45 AM
Also I think you'll have to use virtual full screen option in pso2 if i'm not mistaken.

kurokyosuke
Jul 15, 2014, 12:02 PM
Found another program called DisplayFusion that has that function for free. A problem I'm having, though, is that my monitors don't have the same aspect ratio. The 2nd monitor I'm using is a 16:9 52" TV, while my main monitor is a somewhat old 16:10 22". When I move the PSO2 window over from my monitor to the TV, it's smaller than the screen. :P

Gama
Jul 15, 2014, 01:33 PM
Is it possible to load PSO2 fullscreen on a different monitor that isn't set as your main display? I want to have PSO2 on one screen and my taskbar and everything else on the other, but I don't know how to set that up, if it's even possible. I'm using Win7, if that means anything.

set the user.pso2 file to the desired resolution "the combined resolutions of the screens as if they where 1, and set the game as window mode, set the taskbar as hide automaticaly.

you can also use a borderless app on pso2, gameguard wont mind.