PDA

View Full Version : Gwanada or Quartz Soul?

GarettG
Jul 15, 2014, 02:21 PM
What soul should a melee class use? Gwanada or Quartz Soul? Personally I think gwanda's is better because the tradeoff is 1pp for 10hp and 10hp seems to be better at less in terms of %. But quartz are much cheaper and if i'm dodging/blocking most of the attacks the extra pp might help me dish out more dps in the long run.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 15, 2014, 02:39 PM
Guwanada is 30 S-atk, 10 HP and 2 PP
Quartz is 30 S-atk and 3 PP

u decide unless your on SEA server then gl

btw-Niji
Jul 15, 2014, 02:41 PM
Quartz.

Only poor people use Gwana Soul.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 15, 2014, 02:42 PM
and bad kids with high 150+ PP still getting one shotted are terrible

GHNeko
Jul 15, 2014, 02:43 PM
I generally go for PP only boosters, but some classes/builds merit extra HP.

It all depends.

Xaeris
Jul 15, 2014, 02:55 PM
That escalated at a rapid pace.

Use Quartz. It's not so much the PP difference between them is worth a damn, but Quartz gives better affixing bonuses than Gwana.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 15, 2014, 02:57 PM
Also, B20 with 6 slot affixes? Hardly anybody from there has over 3 slots.

well you can imagine this is just about how everyone in blk 20 plays

http://youtu.be/UFFbP0DvevY?t=5m20s

and theres nothing wrong with HP affixes either

btw-Niji
Jul 15, 2014, 03:02 PM
Yes, there is something wrong with HP affixes when you can dodge just fine(which isn't hard) - it's a complete waste. You could have instead went ATK Boost + PP affixes to make your character stronger.

Of course there's times where you will mess up and die by getting combo'd to death - and trust me, HP affixes won't save you there.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 15, 2014, 03:04 PM
ya well we dont know how good OP plays either so ya, if the HP is gonna help then go for it otherwise i guess play better (which i understand is hard for a lot of people here)

GHNeko
Jul 15, 2014, 03:06 PM
So essentially.

It all depends.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 15, 2014, 03:11 PM
So essentially.

pretty much

Shiyo
Jul 15, 2014, 03:16 PM
There's people who don't have Niji on their ignore list?

Anyways: If you need the 3-4 more PP from having quartz over gwana on 3 units(and weapon) to reach 120/150, do that. If you're using PP moves that aren't 30, then see how much PP you need to spam that move 3+ times. If you feel you need more HP, do that.

It's all up to your playstyle, pure PP is generally the best, though.

Erza
Jul 15, 2014, 03:33 PM
Gwana Soul increases the chance to attach, Body, Poison, Power
Quartz Soul - Body, Panic, Power, Spirita
Vol Soul - Body ,Burn, Power, Stamina

Waraiwarai
Jul 15, 2014, 03:34 PM
Niji posts are OP! Why would you ignore one of the few reliable people who know how pso2 works ^^

Shiyo
Jul 15, 2014, 03:37 PM
Niji posts are OP! Why would you ignore one of the few reliable people who know how pso2 works ^^

8 posts.

Alt account or asked friend to post good things about him.

Even more pathetic than imagined.

Also, another nice thing about quartz is that it boosts spirita sucess rate by 20%. This makes it generally the best, add that with the fact that quartz souls are easy to farm and you got easy cheap affixing.

Rain Walker
Jul 15, 2014, 03:43 PM
Gwana because poison boost

GHNeko
Jul 15, 2014, 03:49 PM
Alright Alright you guys can stop now.

If you dont have the will power to employ the ignore on your own, then just use the ignore function my goodness.

SakoHaruo
Jul 15, 2014, 04:04 PM
Because there's nothing wrong with my posts; people are just hating because I'm always right.

Hi Niji! o3o

All you're doing is trying to force your opinion of how the game shouold be played on other players (Just like every other tryhard that post here). While I do agree with you on the topic of Quartz vs Gwana that doesn't make you right and them wrong. Some people here (well to be honest most of them) lack consistent execution, therefore, they cannot imitate your style of play.

inb4 gitgud o3o

pkemr4
Jul 15, 2014, 05:00 PM
quartz soul is better, period. gwana if plebian.

SamayouSamurai
Jul 15, 2014, 05:05 PM
Gwana Soul increases the chance to attach, Body, Poison, Power
Quartz Soul - Body, Panic, Power, Spirita
Vol Soul - Body ,Burn, Power, Stamina

I would use Gwana Soul on weapon to help boost affixing Poison/Power and use Quartz Soul for Units to help boost Spirita/Power.

Xaelouse
Jul 15, 2014, 06:58 PM
Is it a dragon killer weapon? gwana + poison
Is +2 extra pp all you need with your last piece of gear and you'd rather have a tiny extra HP? gwana
Already set with PP? Go vol
Quartz for everything else.
You want your PP between 140-168 (or 175?)

SakoHaruo
Jul 15, 2014, 07:30 PM
Is it a dragon killer weapon? gwana + poison
Is +2 extra pp all you need with your last piece of gear and you'd rather have a tiny extra HP? gwana
Already set with PP? Go vol
Quartz for everything else.
You want your PP between 140-168 (or 175?)

/Thread.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2014, 07:56 PM
/Thread.

No if you ever have any amount of hp on your units ever even once you are automatically bad at video games.

if you can't play the game with 1 hp dodge only nuzlocke challenge hardcore mode literally kill you'reself (ingame)

moorebounce
Jul 15, 2014, 07:59 PM
Since the DDoS attack I've found out some things. JP players aren't any better than b20 players. I look at their equipment too and still not that much difference. I'm a TWC user and I had to hang out with the JP blocks since b20 didn't have many players on it. So stop with the b20 bashing.

To the OP I would go with what gives you more. IMO 10 HP is better than 1 PP. You do however need to go with what you can afford. Something is better than nothing.

TaigaUC
Jul 15, 2014, 09:01 PM
My weak Newman caster has less than 600 HP and can still take a few hits in SH Izanai and Advance quests before dying.
I bought a cheap 10 star unit with a ton of defenses and blow resist on top of tech and PP affixes. Seems to help a lot.
So, just stacking HP ain't gonna do anything if you still have crap defenses. Obviously.

On topic, I'd say go for more PP if you really want to get as much PP as possible and you're confident you won't go splat easily.

Since the DDoS attack I've found out some things. JP players aren't any better than b20 players. I look at their equipment too and still not that much difference. I'm a TWC user and I had to hang out with the JP blocks since b20 didn't have many players on it. So stop with the b20 bashing.

I've been hanging out in JP blocks for two years.
I don't know about B20 (did Falz there maybe twice in the past year, and those runs were okay) but EN multis in random JP blocks are almost always a disaster.

To date, I've had maybe, AT MOST, a total of 5 good EN multiparties for TD.
The rest are always full of these assholes who constantly split enemies up, drag them away from everyone on purpose, fail to defend or heal towers, etc.
JP people do those things sometimes too, but it happens FAR less.

I was in a 9 player TD yesterday (including myself and my friend). Full JP multi. We finished in 13 minutes.
Full EN multis a few days ago? 16-17 minutes.
Mostly EN multis for Izanai yesterday? 17 minutes.
Full JP multis? 9-13 minutes.

Obviously not all JPs are going to be strong. But most of them seem to know how to play the damn game. The opposite seems to hold true for EN players.
Why? Because Westerners tend to be more concerned about believing they are already strong than actually trying to become strong.
Try to give an EN player some friendly advice, and watch them throw abusive tantrums. "It's a free world!", etc.

gaijin_punch
Jul 15, 2014, 09:20 PM
Also, get your stuff now if you're going Quartz. The gentei quest has made weapons cost basically default price, and if you're patient you can get 4-slot units w/ Quartz for under 300k each.

oratank
Jul 15, 2014, 09:42 PM
I was in a 9 player TD yesterday (including myself and my friend). Full JP multi. We finished in 13 minutes.
Full EN multis a few days ago? 16-17 minutes.
Mostly EN multis for Izanai yesterday? 17 minutes.
Full JP multis? 9-13 minutes.

yesterday td 18 min and 1 tower left.i'm surprise never thought td1 can still have this disaster.btw it's vita block :D

GHNeko
Jul 16, 2014, 12:20 AM
Like if you have a lot of Defense, you really dont need HP.

Defensive stats matter more (to me at least) than HP.

It's the DEF stats (and Dex) that reduce enemy damage that let each point of HP stretch that much farther.

Not to say that you should ignore HP affixes, but try to look into boosting your defense first by getting better gear, or grinding more or extending units (better deband for tech users or defensive skills if you use them) and then if that isnt enough, THEN extra HP could be an opinion.

I've literally hat times where I was getting hit for 50% HP because I was undergeared due to a class switch and my primary units not being equippable anymore, but once I crafted some units then the damage dropped by like 200-300 and HP wasnt a factor anymore.

HP doesnt mean shit if you dont have the defenses to take the damn hit in the first place.

Dodging be damned.

RealKillaK
Jul 16, 2014, 12:47 AM
yesterday td 18 min and 1 tower left.i'm surprise never thought td1 can still have this disaster.btw it's vita block :D

Wow sounds like it was a great game had that looping tower music and everything

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 16, 2014, 01:34 AM
Like many have said already, it depends.

Though if your only reason for getting gwana is 'i need more hp', then just use quartz and affix stamina 3, or stamina boost. Those, make an actual difference if you're trying to get above the multi-hit-instakill threshold.

well you can imagine this is just about how everyone in blk 20 plays

http://youtu.be/UFFbP0DvevY?t=5m20s

and theres nothing wrong with HP affixes either

Died a little inside when I saw his name was kirito.

UnLucky
Jul 16, 2014, 02:48 AM
No if you ever have any amount of hp on your units ever even once you are automatically bad at video games.

if you can't play the game with 1 hp dodge only nuzlocke challenge hardcore mode literally kill you'reself (ingame)
This, but unironically.

xllakallx
Jul 16, 2014, 02:49 AM

I'm fairly new with the English terminology for PSO2 so I am very sorry if I say some things wrong however, that's probably them just training their non-main classes (as in, their not most favored classes).

Most of my JP friends have at least 4 slot units for their main class and 3 slot units for their "time killing" classes and basically all of them have a 5 slot favorite weapon. I have my Guld Milla with Mizer Burn4 Shoot4 Ability3 Shoot boost (yes I am a noob that needs constant healing =D). Anyways this is off topic from the OP so I will stop here.

To answer the question of "Gwanada or Quartz", GENERALLY:

If it is a weapon: Gwanada>>>An unbreakable wall>>>Quartz

As if you are talking about simple DPS, completely ignoring other factors such as the time you spend dead or healing; if you manage to poison a monster with poison V, it will deal 5% of the monsters maximum hp every 3 seconds. And poisoning lasts for 30 seconds. So yeah that is basically 50% of it's hp gone in 30 seconds.

However it is extremely difficult to fix on a poison V onto your weapon so most people just go with poison III or IV which does 4% every 3 seconds. So 40% of the poisoned monsters hp is gone in 30 seconds. Unfortunately poisoning only works on most dragons.

However, do you prefer to lose all that damage potential for dragon slaying just to get -10HP and +1PP with a Quartz soul? NO ONE DOES =D!!! (I hope ><).

Also a note to take is the fact that it is much more difficult to fix on a de-buffing ability (such as poison) than a regular ability (such as spirita).

For example if you are mixing together:

Main weapon: Power1////Stamina1////Arm1
Ingredient 1: Poison3////Shoot1////Spirita1
Ingredient 2: Spirita3////Arm1////Shoot1

The success rate for Poison3 would be: 20%
Whereas the success rate for Spirita3 would be: 60%

So if you were mixing the following:

Main weapon: Soul////Power3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Ingredient 1: Soul////Poison3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Ingredient 2: Soul////Spirita3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Extra ingredient: Power boost

With the intent of getting a final weapon with the following attached:

Final weapon: Soul////Poison3////Power3////Spirita3////Power boost

You would have a much better success rate with Gwana soul than Quartz.

If you had Gwana soul in the "Soul" sector above the success rates would be:
Soul: 80%
Poison3: 80%
Power3: 80%
Spirita3: 60%
Powerboost: 100%

So if you used +30% success rate as an extra ingredient during a +10% success rate period, your overall success rate would be 100% =D.

Whereas if you have Quartz as your soul:
Poison3: 20%
Spirita3: 80%

So if you used +30% success rate as an extra ingredient during a +10% success rate period, your overall success rate would be 60% =/.

You CAN get around this if you want to have Quartz soul THAT badly, by doing something like this (I used a similar method to make my Guld Milla =D):
Main weapon: Quartz////Power3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Ingredient 1: Gwana////Poison3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Ingredient 2: Quartz////Spirita3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1

Soul: 50%

So if you used +30% success rate as an extra ingredient during a +10% success rate period, your overall success rate would be 90% =).

In conclusion it can be seen that IN GENERAL, If it is a weapon: Gwanada>>>An unbreakable wall>>>Quartz. I'm not going to go into units in depth because I cannot go down any further than what everyone else has already stated for them.

Also to the people who have this mindset of "I am so pro I can dodge everything so I don't need HP"(lol):
Why waste time dodging and running around when you can just tank the shit out of the monster and just stand there attacking it non stop to kill it faster than you? =D

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 16, 2014, 02:56 AM
I'm fairly new with the English terminology for PSO2 so I am very sorry if I say some things wrong however, that's probably them just training their non-main classes (as in, their not most favored classes).

Most of my JP friends have at least 4 slot units for their main class and 3 slot units for their "time killing" classes and basically all of them have a 5 slot favorite weapon. I have my Guld Milla with Mizer Burn4 Shoot4 Ability3 Shoot boost (yes I am a noob that needs constant healing =D). Anyways this is off topic from the OP so I will stop here.

To answer the question of "Gwanada or Quartz", GENERALLY:

If it is a weapon: Gwanada>>>An unbreakable wall>>>Quartz

As if you are talking about simple DPS, completely ignoring other factors such as the time you spend dead or healing; if you manage to poison a monster with poison V, it will deal 5% of the monsters maximum hp every 3 seconds. And poisoning lasts for 30 seconds. So yeah that is basically 50% of it's hp gone in 30 seconds.

However it is extremely difficult to fix on a poison V onto your weapon so most people just go with poison III or IV which does 4% every 3 seconds. So 40% of the poisoned monsters hp is gone in 30 seconds. Unfortunately poisoning only works on most dragons.

However, do you prefer to lose all that damage potential for dragon slaying just to get -10HP and +1PP with a Quartz soul? NO ONE DOES =D!!! (I hope ><).

Also a note to take is the fact that it is much more difficult to fix on a de-buffing ability (such as poison) than a regular ability (such as spirita).

For example if you are mixing together:

Main weapon: Power1////Stamina1////Arm1
Ingredient 1: Poison3////Shoot1////Spirita1
Ingredient 2: Spirita3////Arm1////Shoot1

The success rate for Poison3 would be: 20%
Whereas the success rate for Spirita3 would be: 60%

So if you were mixing the following:

Main weapon: Soul////Power3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Ingredient 1: Soul////Poison3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Ingredient 2: Soul////Spirita3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1

With the intent of getting a final weapon with the following attached:

Final weapon: Soul////Poison3////Power3////Spirita3////Power boost

You would have a much better success rate with Gwana soul than Quartz.

If you had Gwana soul in the "Soul" sector above the success rates would be:
Spirita3: 60%

So if you used +30% success rate as an extra ingredient during a +10% success rate period, your overall success rate would be 100% =D.

Whereas if you have Quartz as your soul:
Poison3: 20%

So if you used +30% success rate as an extra ingredient during a +10% success rate period, your overall success rate would be 60% =/.

You CAN get around this if you want to have Quartz soul THAT badly, by doing something like this (I used a similar method to make my Guld Milla =D):
Main weapon: Quartz////Power3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Ingredient 1: Gwana////Poison3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1
Ingredient 2: Quartz////Spirita3////Shoot1////Arm1////Stamina1

Soul: 50%

So if you used +30% success rate as an extra ingredient during a +10% success rate period, your overall success rate would be 90% =).

In conclusion it can be seen that IN GENERAL, If it is a weapon: Gwanada>>>An unbreakable wall>>>Quartz. I'm not going to go into units in depth because I cannot go down any further than what everyone else has already stated for them.

poison is total shit and anyone that thinks its good needs to get a better weapon that can 1 to 2 shot things. Gwana boost nothing worth mentioning besides power iii so all it is is a shitty version of quartz that doesn't make affixing easier

UnLucky
Jul 16, 2014, 02:58 AM
Is there even anything that can be poisoned that lasts 30s? Like are Caters really that hard that you need an extra 1-2% per second?

It's nice for the real dragon bosses, but you only need Poison I to get the exact same effect.

xllakallx
Jul 16, 2014, 03:02 AM
poison is total shit and anyone that thinks its good needs to get a better weapon that can 1 to 2 shot things. Gwana boost nothing worth mentioning besides power iii so all it is is a shitty version of quartz that doesn't make affixing easier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yn3A-xpX2I

K then =D.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 16, 2014, 03:03 AM
simply put, it has been said numerous times in this thread as well.

Quartz.

Gwana for poor people.

UnLucky
Jul 16, 2014, 03:07 AM
PSO2?SH????????30??????????Hu/Br? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yn3A-xpX2I)

K then =D.
Uh...

1. That's not a real poison effect
2. They don't even hit the poisoned part to take advantage of the effect whatsoever
3. You can kill Quartz faster than that without poison
4. You can affix Poison with Quartz Soul and still 100% everything

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 16, 2014, 03:14 AM
PSO2?SH????????30??????????Hu/Br? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yn3A-xpX2I)

K then =D.

http://www.twitch.tv/zealot69/b/547794593

hey look I can do the same thing without poison on my weapon like a fucking retard

edit: also look at the date of your video it was before the shunka nerf just a fun fact

xllakallx
Jul 16, 2014, 03:19 AM
Uh...

1. That's not a real poison effect
2. They don't even hit the poisoned part to take advantage of the effect whatsoever
3. You can kill Quartz faster than that without poison
4. You can affix Poison with Quartz Soul and still 100% everything

PLEASE CLARIFY SO EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS DISCUSSION. Go more in depth, just pointing out things without backing yourself up makes OP and everyone else's posts pointless.

Prove it to us by backing up your statements =D. I want a proper discussion not just random comments with no proof =P.

Same to the other guy who seems to be quite upset lol.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 16, 2014, 03:21 AM
PLEASE CLARIFY SO EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS DISCUSSION. Go more in depth, just pointing out things without backing yourself up makes OP and everyone else's posts pointless.

Prove it to us by backing up your statements =D. I want a proper discussion not just random comments with no proof =P.

Same to the other guy who seems to be quite upset lol.
I just showed you how worthless poison is on a weapon maybe you should look at what I posted.

UnLucky
Jul 16, 2014, 03:30 AM
Quartz, Ex, and Goron do not get a real poison, as in, they do not take damage over time. Instead, the specific part that you procced poison on takes double damage until the "SE" wears off. Any other part that isn't "poisoned" takes normal damage.

It also does not trigger Fighter's Chase Advance since it is not a real status effect, same thing for Banther's "burn" or Vol's "freeze."

No other boss can get poisoned, and Caters are the only minibosses who can get a real poison. So yeah, you can melt those fairly easily, but that's it.

Quartz/*/*/* + Quartz/PowerIII/PoisonI/* + Quartz/SpiritaIII/PoisonI/* = 80/80/80/80

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 16, 2014, 08:49 AM

K then =D.

I like how you linked a video of poison having nothing to do with the player's kill speed...

SamayouSamurai
Jul 16, 2014, 10:55 AM
Quartz, Ex, and Goron do not get a real poison, as in, they do not take damage over time. Instead, the specific part that you procced poison on takes double damage until the "SE" wears off. Any other part that isn't "poisoned" takes normal damage.

It also does not trigger Fighter's Chase Advance since it is not a real status effect, same thing for Banther's "burn" or Vol's "freeze."

No other boss can get poisoned, and Caters are the only minibosses who can get a real poison. So yeah, you can melt those fairly easily, but that's it.

Quartz/*/*/* + Quartz/PowerIII/PoisonI/* + Quartz/SpiritaIII/PoisonI/* = 80/80/80/80

So, from what you saying here. Poison works like Weak Bullet, wouldn't it help in long fight like Dark Falz Luther?

horseship
Jul 16, 2014, 10:57 AM
Only dragon bosses are affected by poison, so no, it wouldn't help against DFL.

Edit: I should specify, blue dragons + Caterdran. Vol and Chrome don't get poisoned.

UnLucky
Jul 16, 2014, 11:38 AM