Exiled_Gundam
Jul 16, 2014, 06:20 AM
Many died?

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 06:20 AM
Any particular reason why?

Maenara
Jul 16, 2014, 06:23 AM
It wasn't "press button receive 11*", that's why.

UnLucky
Jul 16, 2014, 06:30 AM
The mechs basically are exactly that.

But you only ever get one.

Xaeris
Jul 16, 2014, 06:39 AM
Holy crap. That was nuts. I'm honestly impressed. I thought the mechs were going to be some cute novelty like the photon cannons, but those things are vital to a successful run.

Mesarthim
Jul 16, 2014, 06:40 AM
Those dark photon cannon things are pretty nasty if they fire.

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2014, 06:43 AM
Too hard, imo. At least for now. Tried saving AIS until the last round, but nope. People not healing sockets...

Sizustar
Jul 16, 2014, 06:47 AM
Reached round 8 with Guild team, but failed to complete.
We wasted all the purify in the early round.
630ed on the second run.

Xaeris
Jul 16, 2014, 06:49 AM
...There's a Round 8?

oratank
Jul 16, 2014, 06:50 AM
they didn't name despair for nothing
btw photon cystal are gathering at the conner of map catapult jump for it

Mesarthim
Jul 16, 2014, 06:50 AM
Wait, it goes past 6? My runs ended on like the beginning of 6 or so.

Sizustar
Jul 16, 2014, 06:51 AM
Wait, it goes past 6? My runs ended on like the beginning of 6 or so.

8 is the final round.

UnLucky
Jul 16, 2014, 06:52 AM
Well then, better make sure to just collect TEN THOUSAND POINTS

Totori
Jul 16, 2014, 06:52 AM
It's pretty refreshing, so far it really does require some nice coordination.

oratank
Jul 16, 2014, 06:53 AM
Well then, better make sure to just collect TEN THOUSAND POINTS

4000 at wave 7 (´;∀;`)

teawhip
Jul 16, 2014, 06:53 AM
Just barely made it to round 8, then failed. Ended up camping our last tower halfway through

Aine
Jul 16, 2014, 06:54 AM
We failed the first run at wave 8, cleared the second at 16% health (B rank). 7000 points seems pretty hard to reach so it might be best to save your only AIS until wave 7.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 16, 2014, 06:55 AM
no. stop. please. stop.

I'm already excited.

http://www.badgirlzwrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/headdesk.gif.gif

EvilMag
So about getting 3 runs...

oratank
what i thought is use 1-2 ais per wave and shoot photon cannon to clear wave of mob but pug mpa may not gonna happen

Sizustar
So about getting 3 runs...

Not really possible, 2 run is doable.

Infinity Series
Jul 16, 2014, 06:56 AM
failed 1st run

2nd run...

[spoiler-box]https://scontent-b-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10532885_10201804498108963_2634418199047529712_o.j pg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10495053_10201804491708803_6689062124756004334_o.j pg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10551691_10201804508869232_6281583678037196980_o.j pg
[/spoiler-box]

Zorua
Got to 8 with a pug with only white left, but at full health

"We can do this, right guys?"
"Is that Falz Hunar!?"
"It'll be fine, so long as we keep him away from th-"

Hunar proceeds to dash at the tower.

"O-Okay, we just need to get him away from the tower, everyone"

Peeps roll up in their AIS and piss Hunar off.
Hunar uses his AOE while touching the base.

DeificEpyon
Managed to get to wave 8 on my second run, as well as 7k. I took my second AIS and used that crazy wave blast ability it has on the subpalette. It killed off Hunar and a few stragglers but we still lost the blue and green base in the end. They were the only two bases left by the final wave.

That was a lot of fun, but this EQ is basically a no-no in random parties because of the amount of coordination needed. It's best to save your AIS for the last couple waves and alternate so there's always at least 1 or 2 active at any time.

Well, hopefully people get better realize it's better to save them till the end. I look forward to beating it eventually.

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2014, 06:58 AM
Beat TD3 on 2nd try with random JP players. Really exciting.
First time we were completely taken aback by the extra rounds.
Second time, everyone had a better idea of where to be during waves.
Still surprised by wave 8. But we handled it because we had over 7000 crystals (mostly collected by me).
I topped score by 1000 points over the next person down. Mainly just from collected crystals, destroyed walls, rescued towers.

Crystals are really important this time around.
It's important to tag bosses and pull them away from towers too.
Think I might write a quick guide in the guides section.

Protip:
For best results, assign a few people to farming the 4 corners for tons of crystals.
They can grab in betweens as they travel from left to right.
But they also need to be strong enough to take down walls alone, as walls will block crystals in later waves.

Rakurai
Jul 16, 2014, 06:59 AM
I think it'll be easier once people realize how essential the mechs are to completing the quest.

Barely managed a clear on my second attempt.

LordShade
Jul 16, 2014, 07:00 AM
Failed BOTH runs!

Coordination is key, classes with high damage is also key, FOs need to get out cause ilmegid is useless due to the spell being canceled out if it hits a tower, wall or building (enemy or not)
AIS needs to be left until the last possible moment to win.

Note thats to WIN

forget even getting an S-rank on this....

Totori
Jul 16, 2014, 07:02 AM
Force's are fine, just need peeps to split up in the proper area's and you'll be fine.

SakoHaruo
Jul 16, 2014, 07:04 AM

Not possible yet. Give JP a few hours to learn the new tech.

KuroNeko77
Jul 16, 2014, 07:05 AM
Pretty fun EQ for once.

We reached the 7th wave on the first run then the whole thing became chaotic; our 3 remaining bases were raped by the lasers of doom.
On the 2nd run we somehow managed to reach the 8th wave with one tower left (and 1/8 of its health), handled Hunar without too much trouble... then the new Vibrace showed up and everything went to hell; even the remaining mechas weren't enough to kill it in time.

The 7th wave isn't too much trouble if you have 2-3 focusing on destroying the darker towers.

Aine
Jul 16, 2014, 07:11 AM
The darker towers that spawn all at once in wave 7 can be handled by a single AIS. That thing is fast.

DeificEpyon
Jul 16, 2014, 07:12 AM
The darker towers that spawn all at once in wave 7 can be handled by a single AIS. That thing is fast.

Yeah, there's next to no cool-down on that dash too, as long as you have the PP. You can fly from one side of the map to the other in about a second and a half.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 16, 2014, 07:13 AM
in other words, that job is mine :cool:

Rakurai
Jul 16, 2014, 07:19 AM
I imagine Sa Zan/Il Barta/Grants and the other infinite range attacks work wonders for the towers, as well.

The turrets also have a ridiculous amount of range on them, but the new darkers can destroy them if they corrupt the pad they're deployed on, so putting them on the outer pads near where they spawn isn't a good idea.

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2014, 07:20 AM
Started a quick guide at http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220782
Please post corrections and other info as you see fit.

Maenara
Jul 16, 2014, 08:06 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/FjeGBljESVAzu/giphy.gif

oratank
Jul 16, 2014, 08:38 AM
finished 1st run at 30min with 10k pt maybe too much for cystal(´;∀;`)

un1t27
Jul 16, 2014, 08:40 AM
that shit ain't even hard at all.

Tankotron
Jul 16, 2014, 08:41 AM
Well that was really fun. I passed off wave 6 not being written "Final Wave" as something they might have changed for no reason and called my A.I.S then. Surprise surprise. Managed to clear with 1 tower left standing at the start of wave 8. Also had about 9k at the end and we took so long I didn't even get a 2nd run. At least it was cleared though.

It's a little depressing that my first 11* to come from TD was a new sword by Vibrace. Ah well.

Arialle
Jul 16, 2014, 08:41 AM
i swear this shit is so fun despite the difficulty.... please dont nerf this sega... i rather have a DO OR DIE EQ than a stand there see 10 forces spam ilmegid clear mobs while i sip my tea EQ

oratank
Jul 16, 2014, 08:42 AM
that shit ain't even hard at all.

join pug mpa u will

Xaelouse
Jul 16, 2014, 08:43 AM
down to 1 base every single time

un1t27
Jul 16, 2014, 08:45 AM
join pug mpa u will

that's the first thing i tried.

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2014, 08:46 AM
You must have a really good or strong MPA.

obsexed
Jul 16, 2014, 08:48 AM
the time of my LIFEEEE!!!! hnnnng
http://i.imgur.com/XbsLkU6.jpg

Aine
Jul 16, 2014, 08:54 AM
Alright, second go. First run rank A at around 71%, second run rank S at 91%. So the S-rank line is probably around 80. Crystals are crucial this time around, you want to aim for around 7000 before the end. The problem is that with this strategy even though you can aim for S rank it takes longer, so getting 3 S-rank runs is going to be quite a feat.

Agastya
Jul 16, 2014, 09:02 AM
that was one hell of a ride from start to finish.

Mysterious-G
Jul 16, 2014, 09:03 AM
All this talk about having a difficulty EQ for once just reminds me of Elder's, Luthers, TD1's and TD2's respective releases all over again. I havent had the opportunity to play the new EQ yet and I bet it will be a blast, but I am not going to dellude myself thinking the difficulty will prevail for more than a couple days at best. That's how it has happened before, and that is how it will happen again. Things get easier the more time you are given to figure them out, and I am baffled some people seemingly still haven't realized as much. If it's good fun, then that's all I need to know.

DeificEpyon
Jul 16, 2014, 09:04 AM
Well, I managed to get 2 complete runs this time. On my first run this round, we actually got up to 10k... I got to use the AIS three times. People were all over the map competing for crystals in between waves. It seems people are now aware that most of them spawn in the corners as well. It also seems that everyone is realizing it's best to save their AIS for the last two waves, which is a good thing.

Only one base survived on both runs. Suffice to say, it takes a hell of a combined effort just to clear this EQ. I'll be impressed when I see someone actually S-Rank it.

Limbo_lag
Jul 16, 2014, 09:10 AM
Stealing aggro with stuff like ilmegid is actually not a bad idea here. You most likely aren't going to get 3 runs in anyway, so just let the waves time out while keeping the aggro off the towers.

Ringdarl and Malledarls do terrible terrible damage if they get their whirlwind/laser attacks off. Lost a full hp tower just from those 2 bosses alone, with at least 6 people fighting them. Needs moar WB.

Oh, and prioritise those flying caster things when you can.

SakoHaruo
Jul 16, 2014, 09:15 AM
Rip in peace GuHu. You just went to the bottom of the food chain.

RaBr just went to top tier

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 16, 2014, 09:18 AM
Haven't tried TD3 yet, but from what I gather here on this forum, it seems this new TD is more difficult than the other two, and that collecting crystals, MPA coordination (more so than ever before), and AIS are indispensable in getting a good run.

TAIGA-San mentioned creating a guide for TD3, which I think is a fantastic idea. Seems fun, can't wait to try it, since I just finished downloading the update right now.

Kikikiki
Jul 16, 2014, 09:22 AM
Our premade party reached 10k crystal points and wrecked the last two waves so hard.

A.I.S is definitely the lifesaver here.

Aine
Jul 16, 2014, 09:22 AM
Class really isn't as important this time around, as long as you can defend the towers while gather crystals. The last two waves are spent mostly in AIS. For the record we S-ranked it with two Rangers, two Forces, and eight Bravers.

Kinujou
Jul 16, 2014, 09:23 AM
I mustn't run away...I mustn't run away...I mustn't run away...

Remz69
Jul 16, 2014, 09:25 AM
i think PuGs will never learn, just like they never learnt TD2

as far as your 'optimal' run goes i really don't think you'd need more than 3k cryst

Kikikiki
Jul 16, 2014, 09:28 AM
i think PuGs will never learn, just like they never learnt TD2

as far as your 'optimal' run goes i really don't think you'd need more than 3k cryst

If you're talking 3k crystal in TD3, sadly this time around you're wrong.

Sanguine2009
Jul 16, 2014, 09:33 AM
anyone else hope they make plamo of the AIS mechs?

Maenara
Jul 16, 2014, 09:36 AM
Can anyone try to see if there's any youtube videos of TD3 yet and link it? Japanese video is fine.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 16, 2014, 09:39 AM
from 1 to 10 how fun is td3?
is it more of a chore to get at least 2 runs done, or is it actually enjoyable???

Yden
Jul 16, 2014, 09:40 AM
Stealing aggro with stuff like ilmegid is actually not a bad idea here. You most likely aren't going to get 3 runs in anyway, so just let the waves time out while keeping the aggro off the towers.

Ringdarl and Malledarls do terrible terrible damage if they get their whirlwind/laser attacks off. Lost a full hp tower just from those 2 bosses alone, with at least 6 people fighting them. Needs moar WB.

Oh, and prioritise those flying caster things when you can.

The big problem about timing out is that if you trigger a new wave right before it times can lead to a large pack of Goldrahda rushing to the tower just to blow up on it destroying the tower in the process. It happened to me in both the runs I was in and there was little we could have done to stop it from happening.

Demon-
Jul 16, 2014, 09:40 AM
Yeah I'm loving the new TD so far. The mechs are really awesome I'm surprised.

Failed both times but got this far the second time.
[spoiler-box]http://i62.tinypic.com/5d5vv8.jpg[/spoiler-box]

SakoHaruo
Jul 16, 2014, 09:46 AM
Btw AIS quick boost left me a bit of ACFA nostalgia.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 16, 2014, 09:50 AM
knew it, they were Armored Cores in disguise. in PSO2.

SEGA, when will you implement customization of AIS?

Remz69
Jul 16, 2014, 09:51 AM
If you're talking 3k crystal in TD3, sadly this time around you're wrong.

wait maybe i was wrong with 3k, i was thinking whatever is needed for the 1st heal + the 1st bot
but now that i think about it, you can probably get more without going out of your way for crystals so yeah

i'm still not sure those bots are really more time efficient than normal peeps aside from the beam, they get around fast, but that should be a non issue in a well coordinated group

Demon-
Jul 16, 2014, 09:52 AM
Confermed Armored Core 6 for Sega Dreamcast 2!

UnsentMadman
Jul 16, 2014, 09:52 AM
I had a blast with this one, more than I ever had with TD2 to be sure. Probably my favourite EQ thus far.

Failed first run, albeit in the 8th wave, which took all of us by surprise. The darker particle beam towers and lack of crystals were our doom in this one, as people were more focused on quickly taking down mobs and the bosses. The particle beams in particular can be devastating to a full-health tower, if left unchecked.

Managed to survive the 2nd time. This time around, people had come to realise the importance of crystal collection, as well as saving their mechs for the later rounds. With better knowledge of enemy spawn points, as well as the crystal corners, things went a lot more smoothly. Still lost 2 towers in the end, but as people gain experience with this EQ, that'll improve in time.

Sanguine2009
Jul 16, 2014, 09:54 AM
sega should scrap the rest of the game and focus on AIS

Demon-
Jul 16, 2014, 09:56 AM
The darker particle beam towers and lack of crystals were our doom in this one, as people were more focused on quickly taking down mobs and the bosses. The particle beams in particular can be devastating to a full-health tower, if left unchecked.

Yeah thats what got my group those damn darker beam towers.

Rehal
Jul 16, 2014, 10:21 AM
wait maybe i was wrong with 3k, i was thinking whatever is needed for the 1st heal + the 1st bot
but now that i think about it, you can probably get more without going out of your way for crystals so yeah

i'm still not sure those bots are really more time efficient than normal peeps aside from the beam, they get around fast, but that should be a non issue in a well coordinated group

Why are you giving advice while you still havent tried the EQ yet? . _.

Remz69
Jul 16, 2014, 10:34 AM
Why are you giving advice while you still havent tried the EQ yet? . _.

i've done 2 runs
it's not advice either, since most of us here play in pick up group so what i say doesn't apply to them

LordShade
Jul 16, 2014, 10:38 AM

if you played the EQ you'd realise that the bots are capable of 2000+ damage a rifle shot (with near 100% accuracy) and can wack things with a sword for 50000 damage a hit. They can also fire rockets that auto aim and kill things almost instantly.

Not to mention that laser has huge range, I did a point blank laser shot on WB'd Vibrace yuga butt and he took over a million damage in half a second and he just kept on trucking. (my laser itself was doing over 600k a hit)

The AIS are literally one man army. They're crucial to the success of the EQ.

You learn quickly that for a normal player to match an AIS, they'd need to have a pre-shunka nerf with infinite range, teleporting and infinite combo

And thats just to hold a candle to it.

Alenoir
Jul 16, 2014, 10:52 AM

If you don't actually go out of your way to collect crystals, good luck even seeing it break over 4k by final wave.

AIS completely destroys a normal player in terms of DPS. You hit for about 2k per normal hit and the homing grenade fires about 4 or so grenades that hit for about 30k each. Homing costs half your PP, but you regain that in 2 set of normal attacks. You can destroy a wave of enemy really quick if you're familiar with navigating the AIS.

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2014, 10:57 AM
I think my quick guide is just about done for now.
Link again for reference: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220782

Limbo_lag
Jul 16, 2014, 11:07 AM
If you don't actually go out of your way to collect crystals, good luck even seeing it break over 4k by final wave.

AIS completely destroys a normal player in terms of DPS. You hit for about 2k per normal hit and the homing grenade fires about 4 or so grenades that hit for about 30k each. Homing costs half your PP, but you regain that in 2 set of normal attacks. You can destroy a wave of enemy really quick if you're familiar with navigating the AIS.

Homing grenade? How do you do this? As far as I know, all you have are the machine gun, sword, shoop laser and freeze pulse.

Sizustar
Jul 16, 2014, 11:10 AM
Homing grenade? How do you do this? As far as I know, all you have are the machine gun, sword, shoop laser and freeze pulse.

Shift+Mouse click
One is the grende, the other is the dash attack.

Limbo_lag
Jul 16, 2014, 11:11 AM
Oooo it has shift actions eh. Gotta try that next time.

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2014, 11:49 AM
Ah. Didn't notice that. Sounds like fun.

SakoHaruo
Jul 16, 2014, 12:16 PM
imo class tiers for TD3 will look something like this;

S: RaBr

A: BrHu, RaHu, TeFo

B: HuBr, FoX, Fo/Te, TeX, FiHu

C: Everything else.

RaBr is the fastest boss killer in the game. So yeah, nothing else needs to be said about that decision.

Not sure what role the AIS will play in higher level MPAs yet. W1 - 3 feels like typical TD. By W5 we already had Photon Chairs, RaBr/BrHu should be able to take out bosses without any problems, so chairs will be used on spawns(?). I feel like AIS will either be used for spawn camping (using their special beam cannon) and their mobility in mid - later waves. We manage to get two AIS in both runs, so I can see the first one being used to clear earlier rounds faster, aka spawn camping.

Alenoir
Jul 16, 2014, 12:23 PM
3/4 clear rank and what we seem to have been doing was hoard as much points as possible while running around killing as much as possible, then AIS wave 7 and 8. 7 to kill all the stupid walls and 8 to speed things up. One of the runs actually managed to get 10k, so we were pretty much in AIS all the time for the final wave.

May help to have a dedicated crystal collecting wall WB person per group. 1 WB SatCannon can take out a wall.

starwind75043
Jul 16, 2014, 12:31 PM
yeah to many people wanting to get in the gandams on low rounds this will require people to actually wait to use them

Sandmind
Jul 16, 2014, 12:39 PM

RaBr is the fastest boss killer in the game. So yeah, nothing else needs to be said about that decision.

Not sure what role the AIS will play in higher level MPAs yet. W1 - 3 feels like typical TD. By W5 we already had Photon Chairs, RaBr/BrHu should be able to take out bosses without any problems, so chairs will be used on spawns(?). I feel like AIS will either be used for spawn camping (using their special beam cannon) and their mobility in mid - later waves. We manage to get two AIS in both runs, so I can see the first one being used to clear earlier rounds faster, aka spawn camping.

Just going to ask why TEFO over FOTE? Easier buffing, elysion usage (without race/mag/TE Satk up) or something else I'm missing?

pkemr4
Jul 16, 2014, 01:20 PM

top kek

suzaku0zero0
Jul 17, 2014, 05:07 AM

Ra/br is good if u have a bow for Ra, just spam million storm and u pretty much hit all mobs or stall them. and wb the infected ship

Rakurai
Jul 17, 2014, 05:08 AM
The runs have gotten a lot better for me ever since people realized that saving all of the AIS for the last three waves is overkill.

Mesarthim
Jul 17, 2014, 05:40 AM
I had a 7,000~+ crystal run so I reserved my AIS usage for waves 7 and 8. Wasn't so bad other than one tower left at half health. All I get are random MPA's so eh.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2014, 06:03 AM
Ra/br is good if u have a bow for Ra, just spam million storm and u pretty much hit all mobs or stall them. and wb the infected ship
Well yeah, if you don't have a bow, Ra/Br is just a bad Ra/Hu.

Edson Drake
Jul 17, 2014, 09:46 AM
Just had my first fun.

Man those AIS are vicious. Not only they do hit hard they are near indestructible, I don't think I ever got less than 75% health. And that huge built-in Photon Cannon simply annihilates everything on it's path.

It felt like Armored Core a bit, in a good way. And here I thought that Cougar NX had great animations. I liked that they have it on a timer, it gives you that urgency feeling, to make good use of it quick. Reminded me of Evangelion, with that 5 mins timer they had.

I guess I got plenty of first-timers too, the run started out crappy with towers getting destroyed pretty quick around the 4th wave. But as soon as we managed to enter the AIS, things just got so much easier. Try to time right your AIS use, if you see too many people using them, wait your turn.

Fantastic EQ so far, shame about the performance and drops, but the fun I had with it was so worth it I didn't even care about drops.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2014, 09:53 AM
Falz Hunar blows up AIS easily if you get caught in his spiral shockwave slam. Almost got blown up from that. Shows how he can really hit hard if you're not careful.

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2014, 10:10 AM
Just did 2 run with guild and friends guild.
Both run, S-rank and over 10k crystal.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/xMFyl7Z.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaelouse
Jul 17, 2014, 10:36 AM
That's wonderful, now how about the luck of people without a guild or even friends..
It's bad enough these are short-lived quests that come up at short notices. This just further cements the idea that there needs to be a practice mode base defense somewhere...It doesn't even need to have drops at all, just something for random joes to get good (or consider getting good)

Arialle
Jul 17, 2014, 10:40 AM
sega should consider the suggestion of having big crystal drop upon wave 6 completion with the standard 10* drops...then another big crystal with either a chance of 11* or meseta ring upon finishing wave 8

Mesarthim
Jul 17, 2014, 11:16 AM
Falz Hunar blows up AIS easily if you get caught in his spiral shockwave slam. Almost got blown up from that. Shows how he can really hit hard if you're not careful.

I didn't see if he had a debuff on but I definitely was shooting a particle cannon at him in my AIS and it was doing something crazy like 110,000~ a hit or something. I don't think hunar even did anything productive and this was in a random MPA.

wefwq
Jul 17, 2014, 11:32 AM
sega should consider the suggestion of having big crystal drop upon wave 6 completion with the standard 10* drops...then another big crystal with either a chance of 11* or meseta ring upon finishing wave 8
Then everyone would just say fuck it and drop the quest midway after picking the drops.

sabitsuki
Jul 17, 2014, 05:53 PM
Just did 2 run with guild and friends guild.
Both run, S-rank and over 10k crystal.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/xMFyl7Z.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

;w; I couldn't wake up early enough for that run

pkemr4
Jul 17, 2014, 06:53 PM
just tryed TD3 in a failing mpa. my god those mechs.... its armored core all over again. i dont understand how ANYONE can die or lose hp with that maneuverability.

Demon-
Jul 17, 2014, 07:04 PM
just tryed TD3 in a failing mpa. my god those mechs.... its armored core all over again. i dont understand how ANYONE can die or lose hp with that maneuverability.

Yeah everytime I'm in one I'm zipping around so much I never get hit and Falz Hunar is easy just stay back and blast him with the huge beam and grenades.

I havent failed TD3 with random mpa groups since the first time i ran it. The last 2 random mpa runs we won.

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2014, 07:24 PM
That's wonderful, now how about the luck of people without a guild or even friends..
It's bad enough these are short-lived quests that come up at short notices. This just further cements the idea that there needs to be a practice mode base defense somewhere...It doesn't even need to have drops at all, just something for random joes to get good (or consider getting good)

Join with people that you can communicate with, and work out a strategy together first?
And make sure everyone knows the basic, if they don't, teach them?

S-Rank TD3
7 FO, 3 GU 1 RA(If I remember correctly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1mq-y1Z0o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1mq-y1Z0o

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2014, 07:31 PM
It's kinda frustrating how, even if I write a guide for anything, most people are never going to look at it.
I bet there are a lot of EN players that aren't even aware this site exists.
Or that there's a guides section on these forums.

Shear
Jul 17, 2014, 07:34 PM
If it makes you feel better I read it minutes after you posted it and even bookmarked it :)
Can't wait for the Quest to appear :D

Demon-
Jul 17, 2014, 07:35 PM
It's kinda frustrating how, even if I write a guide for anything, most people are never going to look at it.
Or that there's a guides section on these forums.I checked it out after the first time I ran and failed TD3. I learned a lot from it.

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2014, 07:35 PM

Put it in your ark card, and talk to people in lobby?

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2014, 08:47 PM
I mean, I'd have thought knowing about the English patch or using the Tweaker would come hand-in-hand with knowledge of PSO-World or that Ship2 B20 is the English block.
But I often see people wandering around in blocks asking where to find EN players, etc.
I've also talked to a few EN players who didn't know about this site.
As far as I know, there aren't that many PSO2 English forums out there.

Outside of my friends, I don't really talk to EN players in-game. Maybe a total of four so far, and all fairly recently.
I don't talk publically in the lobby, either. Never needed to. I just use whisper, party or team chat.
I didn't realize people actively checked other people's ARKS card.

Anyway, didn't want to get off-topic. Sorry about that.

I checked it out after the first time I ran and failed TD3. I learned a lot from it.

Thanks for checking it out. Glad you found it useful.

Shiyo
Jul 17, 2014, 11:17 PM
Such a gigantic upgrade from TD1 and TD2. Great job Sega, keep up the challenging insane content!

angrysquid
Jul 18, 2014, 07:52 AM
I wish this EQ had at least a LV65 restriction on SH ._.

AIDA
Jul 18, 2014, 07:58 AM
I added a link to your guide on the Tweaker's sidebar. Hopefully, that'll help spread it around. Excellent work!

Sizustar
Jul 18, 2014, 09:07 AM
OK, This is more fun and easier then TD2

We can clear it with near full health on tower now.
One thing we do now, is on Round 3,4,5.
Keep one darker alive, 1 person be the rabbit, the rest 11 other people go pick up crystal to reach 7k~10k.
Then use 1~1 AIS in Round 5, 6, 7. to get the Boss(Falz Hand, Ragne, etc)
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/6H7m6jT.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

oratank
Jul 18, 2014, 08:33 PM
^nice,btw what's happen when wave time runout only the left one goto suicide bome no more spawn ?

EvilMag
Jul 18, 2014, 08:45 PM
OK, This is more fun and easier then TD2

We can clear it with near full health on tower now.
One thing we do now, is on Round 3,4,5.
Keep one darker alive, 1 person be the rabbit, the rest 11 other people go pick up crystal to reach 7k~10k.
Then use 1~1 AIS in Round 5, 6, 7. to get the Boss(Falz Hand, Ragne, etc)
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/6H7m6jT.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Are you getting 2 runs doing this?

Sizustar
Jul 18, 2014, 08:54 PM
^nice,btw what's happen when wave time runout only the left one goto suicide bome no more spawn ?

Not sure what you mean, but Ruin Exploration Boss, we noticed in... if you kill him, another wave will appear, so we usually keep him alive, because he has easy to read pattern, and alot of HP anyway.
And it's easy to keep him away from tower

Are you getting 2 runs doing this?

Yes, we do 2 runs no problem.

Melodys
Jul 18, 2014, 10:10 PM
Not sure what you mean, but Ruin Exploration Boss, we noticed in... if you kill him, another wave will appear, so we usually keep him alive, because he has easy to read pattern, and alot of HP anyway.
And it's easy to keep him away from tower

Yes, we do 2 runs no problem.

It's probably best to attempt the bait tactic on wave 6 or 7 on the 1st run but you have more leeway on the 2nd run. My recent TD3 session showed a big difference with that. Though, someone kept war crying and killing my aggroed mobs on 1st run and I don't know how to say that Im being bait in JP. 2nd run went way smoother with 10k points using the bait tactic and tower over 60%hp.

HeyItsTHK
Jul 18, 2014, 11:07 PM

I've linked it to some folks on ship 6, but many players are still unable to connect in the whole ddos fallout.

Shinamori
Jul 19, 2014, 02:33 AM
I can see getting S-Rank with a good pug mpa, but mainly during Japanese peak times.

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 19, 2014, 08:37 AM
I just came back from pugging TD3, and it seemed like these guys had the mentality of "eff killing enemies, I just wanna collect crystals and ride dem kick-ass robots".

Yeah..... and the end result was only purple standing at the end 'cause no one wanted to kill anything until they got into an AIS. SMH.

Turbulance
Jul 19, 2014, 08:42 AM
Right now my client just freezes me in place on load of the new TD mission so I have to kill my client and reset it. :(

Xaelouse
Jul 19, 2014, 08:55 AM
I just came back from pugging TD3, and it seemed like these guys had the mentality of "eff killing enemies, I just wanna collect crystals and ride dem kick-ass robots".

Yeah..... and the end result was only purple standing at the end 'cause no one wanted to kill anything until they got into an AIS. SMH.

Pretty much this, and it's pretty obvious too because only like 1-2 people ever bother pulling up regular particle cannons in the entire run
You know, those things that your group gets called a baddie for using in other TDs

Demon-
Jul 19, 2014, 09:00 AM
Wow these guys have it all planned out.
[spoiler-box]http://i58.tinypic.com/2cdv9rd.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Kondibon
Jul 19, 2014, 09:41 AM
Wow these guys have it all planned out.
[spoiler-box]http://i58.tinypic.com/2cdv9rd.jpg[/spoiler-box]That's actually a really good idea... ._.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 19, 2014, 09:53 AM
i came in late during the EQ yesterday and joined a random party in a random block... still survived with 75% tower health. but the AIS's were insane... the dashing is so OP.

Shinamori
Jul 20, 2014, 11:33 PM
Never doing this with random pugs again.

Tyreek
Jul 20, 2014, 11:52 PM
People are seriously not paying attention to the map. Had a tower shot down from an infected particle cannon from across the other side of the map. The run could have better.

un1t27
Jul 21, 2014, 12:09 AM
People who don't know how to use a map are fucking useless.

LordKaiser
Jul 21, 2014, 12:46 AM
Wow never tough this TD3 was this good. I haven't played it yet but seeing so many people complaining about MPAs n stuff and failing it must mean that it's a great and challenging e-quest.

Shinamori
Jul 21, 2014, 01:38 AM
It's the most challening thing is playing with random pugs.

Xaelouse
Jul 21, 2014, 02:08 AM
pugs are slowly becoming better, although they depend too much on 10000pts.
Which I cant blame them for because AIS makes the quest too stupidly easy. I'm starting to wish Sega designed something that was a complete threat to them other than leaving your AIS in front of decol's bullets/hunar slam
what could had been a threat to them (Dark Vibras Yuga) is instead just a giant HP sponge

Friyn
Jul 21, 2014, 04:31 AM
It's the most challening thing is playing with random pugs.

It's challenging because it actually requires situational awareness, communication, a proper class(aka ranged) and strong enough gear to be able to handle spawns and bosses fast enough without AIS.
In PUGs there's barely any communication, you can't really trust them to go get infection at tower X or to kill an infected tower in time. Also, because people are inconsiderate you see classes bad for TD3 with gear that's nowhere near ready for it.

I like the EQ. It's by far the best EQ in game.

Melodys
Jul 21, 2014, 04:39 AM
It's challenging because it actually requires situational awareness, communication, a proper class(aka ranged) and strong enough gear to be able to handle spawns and bosses fast enough without AIS.
In PUGs there's barely any communication, you can't really trust them to go get infection at tower X or to kill an infected tower in time. Also, because people are inconsiderate you see classes bad for TD3 with gear that's nowhere near ready for it.

I like the EQ. It's by far the best EQ in game.

Until we get running speed boost and MPA markers which I believe is late next month, I almost always presume many of the MPA members are going to head for the place where the first wave of monsters spawn which leaves two sides open with infected turrents, aircraft, towers or even surprise mobs.

Achelousaurus
Jul 21, 2014, 06:14 AM
In fact, in most TD3s I was in that was the case.
I see a red dot on the map and start to run towards it, but 10 seconds later it's gone.
I scavenge for crystals between waves just to see others cleared it already.

Luckily it seems in this EQ people aren't that tight lipped. I always try to coordinate with other MPA people but almost never do they bother to respond.
But seems like most people finally understand it's necessary.

Also, I really feel the urge to post this again...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Balmuk/PSO2/pso20140719_232420_048.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Achelousaurus
Jul 28, 2014, 08:49 AM
I heard people got S rank with randoms.
How the hell did you manage that?

I feel like the randoms are getting worse every time I do this.
I tried talking strategy and as a result 6 people left withing 10 seconds.

Then I didn't for 2 runs and we failed catastrophically on wave 4 and 5 cause of everyone ganging up on bosses and ignoring mobs, AIS grouping together, no Zondeel, Ilmegid spam on bosses and not to get mobs from towers, people racing each other to the same crystals instead of going elsewhere when they see others that are closer, using barriers to remove a single infestation, etc., etc.

And either not even getting the 3rd base heal or when I desperately scrape together the 6000 points and announce that to everyone (with emphasis) , no one even cares.

Sanguine2009
Jul 28, 2014, 08:55 AM
you manage it by getting there 5+ hours early so you dont get stuck in a b20ian infested block(or by having prem and camping the block changer)

IndigoNovember
Jul 28, 2014, 09:13 AM
Didn't get my 2nd run just now cause quest counter lagged from when I finished the quest until the quest was no longer able to be taken (like 4 minutes straight).

Dnd
Jul 28, 2014, 09:26 AM
Ima kinda tired of this lag ruining this EQ for me.

Be it a horde of suicide bugs smashing a tower at wave end that didnt appear until they teleported to the tower so we cant even defend it. or wasting half my AIS time attacking a dacol and solo's a tower then dies when everything catches up, or vibrace bomb taking about 1million damage then just blowing up the tower anyway.

Seriously, I bet without lag the average MPA would do /alot/ better then bearly scraping passes constantly

un1t27
Jul 28, 2014, 09:40 AM
It's a shame when people don't even know wave 1 spawns by now.. an this lag is laughable.

Melodys
Jul 28, 2014, 09:45 AM
I was having a lot of lag during the last TD3 as well but I also partially blame with being selected in an MPA with a few b20ians in b12. There was practically too much crystal collecting and not enough people killing. Add to the damage lag even with II megid, enemies practically get a free shot at the towers for a bit before they even turn their attention to you. What was even worse was that we somehow got 10k points before wave 8 and my dual AIS both timed out (which should have 30-60seconds to spare after all mobs are dead on normal conditions) before the part where huge waves of Goldras spawn in one area. Guess what happened? Wave 8 time out with all the goldras destroying one tower and no 2nd run. It's an overall frustrating experience.

oratank
Jul 28, 2014, 09:57 AM
ddos one more :D

Sanguine2009
Jul 28, 2014, 10:15 AM
are you people using VPNs or something? there's lag for me occasionally but its never anywhere near that bad

Shinamori
Jul 28, 2014, 10:23 AM
There's always lag with big EQs like TDs.

Sanguine2009
Jul 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
a small bit sure, but nothing near what you people are describing, at least for me

Daiyousei
Jul 28, 2014, 10:42 AM
I was having a lot of lag during the last TD3 as well but I also partially blame with being selected in an MPA with a few b20ians in b12. There was practically too much crystal collecting and not enough people killing. Add to the damage lag even with II megid, enemies practically get a free shot at the towers for a bit before they even turn their attention to you. What was even worse was that we somehow got 10k points before wave 8 and my dual AIS both timed out (which should have 30-60seconds to spare after all mobs are dead on normal conditions) before the part where huge waves of Goldras spawn in one area. Guess what happened? Wave 8 time out with all the goldras destroying one tower and no 2nd run. It's an overall frustrating experience.

Concerning crystal collecting I've had quite the opposite experience, there's way too many killing, several runs I get first in the middle waves crystal collecting. And as time goes on I have to focus more on defending as everyone tends to go off to one side of the map leaving me alone on the other

Rainoffire
Jul 28, 2014, 11:20 AM
a small bit sure, but nothing near what you people are describing, at least for me

I play without VPN or anything, just straight connection and I also get massive lag spikes. Last lag spike lost us our S rank...

HeyItsTHK
Jul 28, 2014, 11:31 AM
Was experiencing a ton of lag yesterday as well but I was behind a VPN. It also wasn't happening to everyone, it's weird.

Achelousaurus
Jul 29, 2014, 03:25 AM
I don't need vpn and I get lots of lag.
Usually it's only 1-2 seconds (just enough for me to arrive at a base half a second too late to activate the barrier) but sometimes it gets extreme.
Like when my Katana Combat lasted 3 minutes, being on 4 seconds and then off for 30 and mates took over a minute to work.