PDA

View Full Version : 7/16 Comcast Update

ParadoxicalThird
Jul 16, 2014, 06:41 AM
Just to give Comcast Users some hope; I woke up just now, about 4:30 and my site pinger went off, indicating chrome had after weeks established a connection. I can now resolve and tracert to Pso2.jp, and the game as well with no issues.

tl;dr comcast starting to work again

Edit: I live in WA

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2014, 06:43 AM
Not for me. What location are you in?

Chrysheight
Well at least it's starting to work for some people. Still down for me.

Maronji
What area do you live in? I'm toward the west coast, and I'm still unable to connect.

ParadoxicalThird
Jul 16, 2014, 06:44 AM
Upper Washington state, around Seattle but not in.

Chrysheight
Jul 16, 2014, 06:45 AM
I'm in the midwest area.

SakoHaruo
Jul 16, 2014, 06:58 AM
Buddy of mine is claiming he can play. I'm not online yet(updating), but I'll let you know if he's actually signed in or not once I'm done with updating the game. He's comcast btw.

OK. He's online, but I don't think he's with comcast. He's either is using VPN or switched to another ISP.

PSchiZ
Jul 16, 2014, 07:02 AM
East Coast with Comcast; still cant connect

le sigh

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 16, 2014, 07:09 AM
East Coast, still can't get in. But if some Comcast users can, that gives me hope.

iridesence
Jul 16, 2014, 07:13 AM
used to be it would drop in-state here:

22 ms 23 ms 31 ms be-1-ar03.pittsburgh.pa.pitt.comcast.net [68.85.
75.121]

well, as of today i can get out of my state now..

but it now hangs in new york:

he-4-14-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.94.185] reports: Dest
ination net unreachable.

im east coast btw.

did you do anything speical btw saya? (like calling comcast and giving specific info or something?) I called comcast here, and they said that it was something that they were unable to fix on there end. -this came from there server-side techs-

Cypher_9
Jul 16, 2014, 08:13 AM
I think the whole Comcast East Coast users are unable to get back on - however some news I got from their Security Assurance team.

Basically what he told me and probably what you guys have already mentioned - someone has to make a request to the host of PSO2.jp and inform them of the issue; to iniciate a reverse trace route so Comcast East would know what to do next.

Whether they get into contact with them or we give Comcast the info is the question but, with the other ISPs able to return and some selects. Makes me wonder.

But, if any one fluent in the word - and is able to get into contact with their webmaster; that would be a befitting start.

RandomWhiteGuy
Jul 16, 2014, 08:25 AM
Philadelphia P.A and still a no go.

Both Sega and Comcast can kiss my hinder.

reaper527
Jul 16, 2014, 08:52 AM
Just to give Comcast Users some hope; I woke up just now, about 4:30 and my site pinger went off, indicating chrome had after weeks established a connection. I can now resolve and tracert to Pso2.jp, and the game as well with no issues.

Any chance of posting a tracert to pso2.jp and gs016.pso2gs.net? It would be interesting to see how your trace differs from other comcast users.

minim
Jul 16, 2014, 09:16 AM
thanks for this. comcast user in north alabama and it still no workie. just thought i'd throw that out there

Urbancowgurl777
Jul 16, 2014, 12:05 PM

Are you sure you're using Comcast? Some guy on Reddit had a similar issue where his company changed their ISP and he wasn't aware of it, thinking he had connected with Comcast.

My tracert has looked like this from the beginning: http://pastebin.com/wxvv4ruF
The only change today is that hop 2 keeps timing out, but everything else is exactly the same. I'm not sure why that's happening but yeah. <.< No connection from Texas.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 16, 2014, 12:20 PM
Oregon (right below Washington) Comcast user, no access still. Comcast still hasn't contacted me since I told them about the problem three weeks ago.

Sounds like a lucky break to me. If you're still able to connect after next maintenance it might just stick. Pretty fortunate.

AkumaYouji
Jul 16, 2014, 01:34 PM
Midwest Comcast, still not working.

Cypher_9
Jul 16, 2014, 01:34 PM
...some news I got from their Security Assurance team.

...someone has to make a request to the host of PSO2.jp and inform them of the issue; to iniciate a reverse trace route so Comcast would know what to do next...

...if any one fluent in the word - and is able to get into contact with their webmaster; that would be a befitting start...

Yeah I quoted myself! They also said that someone had the same ticket in for this particular issue... even mentioned their engineering team getting involved - but, we need that reverse route or just them giving Comcast the new one...

Call me desperate but, I am not going to use an alternative or a handicap and wait for nothing to be done - cause using such just means nothing is going to get done...

I would like everyone to get back on legitimate...

ArcaneTechs
Jul 16, 2014, 02:32 PM
west coast here, still 107 (havent tried with tweaker but i still assume 249)

refer to my info in the other thread if you like:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220545&page=12

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 16, 2014, 02:43 PM
At this point.... screenshot tracert or it didnt happen lol

Dan Maku
Jul 16, 2014, 02:57 PM
Appalachian gamer near the WV/KY/OH border here.

Still getting 249'd.

Still can't load the PSO2 website.

Agree'd with Dark Emerald: show the tracert or you're a damn dirty liar.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 16, 2014, 06:22 PM
Ok so I've came home to do tracert. Same results as before "Request Time Out"

So OP if you're really online legit (Non VPN) on Comcast ISP please screenshot a tracert

Otherwise you're giving us False Hope.....

ArcaneTechs
Jul 16, 2014, 06:42 PM

So OP if you're really online legit (Non VPN) on Comcast ISP please screenshot a tracert

probably what they want, maybic

Dan Maku
Jul 16, 2014, 07:47 PM
Guy only has four posts and registered this month.

My troll sense is tingling.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 16, 2014, 07:58 PM
probably what they want, maybic

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/234/095/e04.jpg

Granzier
Jul 16, 2014, 08:09 PM
Did a TRACERT to PSO2.JP as well as launched the game through both launcher and tweaker.

Same results i have been getting for the past few weeks.

I have Comcast, and live in Seattle Washington....

gg op.

Jei182
Jul 16, 2014, 08:12 PM

I really hate False Hope. I'd rather have no hope. While I am doing fine away from the game I really am missing it. I probably would be 70 by now if it weren't for the damn DDoSers. :-(

Chrysheight
Jul 16, 2014, 09:56 PM
used to be it would drop in-state here:

22 ms 23 ms 31 ms be-1-ar03.pittsburgh.pa.pitt.comcast.net [68.85.
75.121]

well, as of today i can get out of my state now..

but it now hangs in new york:

he-4-14-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.94.185] reports: Dest
ination net unreachable.

im east coast btw.

did you do anything speical btw saya? (like calling comcast and giving specific info or something?) I called comcast here, and they said that it was something that they were unable to fix on there end. -this came from there server-side techs-

I got told the same thing you did. I'm running comcast business class.

Maronji
Jul 16, 2014, 10:11 PM
So, semi-unrelated, but while I still can't access the player site (on my desktop or my dad's tablet) or the game itself...

I can apparently access PSO2es on my dad's tablet on the wireless network in our house (which, of course, is Comcast). Not sure what the deal there is, but at least that's something, right?

Just wanted to comment on this since it seems strange to me.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 17, 2014, 12:37 AM
Guy only has four posts and registered this month.

My troll sense is tingling.

Wanna guess what all those posts were?+^_^+
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2296515

Urbancowgurl777
Jul 17, 2014, 01:43 AM
Oi oi. I have 11 (now 12) posts, registered this month, and am not a troll (as far as you all know). :3=

OP also posted this on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2au2va/megathread_for_all_things_vpn_proxy_ddos_isp/ciywo2x). He said he wasn't home and would post his tracert later (15 hrs ago).

Chdata
Jul 17, 2014, 04:38 PM
Illinois

Comcast

Cadfael
Jul 17, 2014, 06:46 PM
New Jersey/Comcast/still nothing.