PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Armor potenials

starwind75043
Jul 16, 2014, 03:21 PM
Any one had any success so far with this?

I have been able to get rear s attack and leg + arm t attack
Finding the mats has been the real challenge cause there drop rate sucks

Shinamori
Jul 16, 2014, 03:22 PM
Question is, how do you make them.

Rakurai
Jul 16, 2014, 03:35 PM
Get datadrives as a rare random drop from enemies on a given planet, then use them along with the usual materials.

Alma
Jul 16, 2014, 09:04 PM
so i have tried 1 potential crafting unit on *2 random rear unit
the unit get bound to owner after use.

is it permanent?
or only last for the duration of the potential effect?

Maenara
Jul 16, 2014, 09:11 PM
Permanent, of course. Why would Sega ever let you sell a unit that was blessed with some since-faded enchantment? I mean, it's legendary!

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 09:19 PM
Don't forget that they only even function in certain quest types, on certain planets, on certain fields...

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 16, 2014, 10:33 PM
Don't forget that they only even function in certain quest types, on certain planets, on certain fields...

wow what a shit system lol

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 10:35 PM
wow what a shit system lolThey'd be pretty good if it weren't for that and the rarity of the mats.

Rakurai
Jul 16, 2014, 11:04 PM
At least once you get a good result with creating the data, you can keep reusing it as much as you want.

Could be slightly useful during times where there's seasonal/limited quests that are in valid fields.

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2014, 11:07 PM
What the hell. They get bound permanently?
I checked JP wiki. http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E6%99%82%E9%99%90%E8%83%BD%E5%8A%9B%E3% 82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB

能力のインストールを行ったユニットはオーナー登録され、トレード不可能になる。能力の期限が切れても解除 されることはないので注意。
"Installing ability on a unit will bind it to its owner, making it untradable. Be warned that even if the ability expires, they will not be unbound."

Terrible.
Well, I guess it's useful for people using crafted units.

Shiyo
Jul 16, 2014, 11:07 PM
They added them?

Why isn't there any info on them, ANYWHERE?

Why isn't anyone talking about it anywhere?

That's really weird that a new big thing was added and no one is talking about it.

So what are they? How do they work? What are mats? As simple to add as extending? Are they perm?

Get datadrives as a rare random drop from enemies on a given planet, then use them along with the usual materials.

That's REALLY cool! We need more reasons to do more than just EQ/Tacos/SHAQ/Extreme/LQ's. I miss doing random exploration maps, they're really fun still.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 11:11 PM
They added them?

Why isn't there any info on them, ANYWHERE?

Why isn't anyone talking about it anywhere?

That's really weird that a new big thing was added and no one is talking about it.

So what are they? How do they work? What are mats? As simple to add as extending? Are they perm?
Yes

Because no one cares.

Ditto.

It's not that big honestly.

Items that add extra effects to your units. The base effects are just more atk, anything else is random.

I don't know.

The mats are some sphere things that enemies on each planet drop.

No, you have to make the "data" first but then you can use it as many times as you want as lon gas you have the mats.

No.

Shiyo
Jul 16, 2014, 11:12 PM
What are the bonuses? Adding extra attack is huge, how is that not good?

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2014, 11:14 PM
The extra attack is probably partially there to balance out the other losses from using crafted equipment (ie. wider damage range, loss of hidden unit bonuses, etc).
"We have a balance issue. How to fix it? Make players work for it."

Bam, done.

Maybe it's just me, but Crafting in general just feels like "getting decent stuff for cheap until you get better stuff later".
It's basically SEGA's roundabout way of making earlier levelling less painful.

Shiyo
Jul 16, 2014, 11:17 PM
The extra attack is probably partially there to balance out the other losses from using crafted equipment (ie. wider damage range, loss of hidden unit bonuses, etc).
"We have a balance issue. How to fix it? Make players work for it."

Bam, done.

Maybe it's just me, but Crafting in general just feels like "getting decent stuff for cheap until you get better stuff later".
It's basically SEGA's roundabout way of making earlier levelling less painful.
But units don't have damage range, crafted units are great. Isn't this about potentials on units?

Crafted units are also best in slot and have the highest defense in a lot of cases. Unit crafting is GREAT, tech crafting is GREAT, weapon crafting is GARBAGE.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 11:18 PM
What are the bonuses? Adding extra attack is huge, how is that not good?They only last a week (though you can increase the time), the attack bonus is random, and they're only active in specific areas, and types of missions. There are some secondary effects but getting those at all is random, though once you get one you can use it over and over like I said.
That limit on which maps they work on is the main reason they're so bad though. Like, only working in forest ARKS quests, or ONLY in Desert Free Field.

EDIT: They might be good for events or when farming a specific area like Rakurai said I guess.

Shiyo
Jul 16, 2014, 11:20 PM
They only last a week (though you can increase the time), the attack bonus is random, and they're only active in specific areas, and types of missions. There are some secondary effects but getting those at all is random, though once you get one you can use it over and over like I said.
That limit on which maps they work on is the main reason they're so bad though. Like, only working in forest ARKS quests, or ONLY in Desert Free Field.

Is there a list?

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 11:25 PM
Is there a list?Not that I know of. I checked the JP wiki a while back, but I dunno if it's updated yet.

The're basically all the same formula though. From weakest to strongest

Zone
Zone: FreeField
Zone: ARKS Quest

I dunno what all the secondary effects are but the one's I've seen so far are HP regen (or something), untekked item drop rate, and healing item effect bonus.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 16, 2014, 11:29 PM
Raw Stats < % Stats.

I'm talking about crafted units vs units with strike/range resist + bigger hidden stats here.

so yeah, crafted units are also garbage.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 PM

that's cute

Shiyo
Jul 16, 2014, 11:34 PM
Raw Stats < % Stats.

I'm talking about crafted units vs units with strike/range resist + bigger hidden stats here.

No. The only stats that matter on units are PP and attack, and crafted units can have 3 PP per as well as HUGE defense.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 11:37 PM
Raw Stats < % Stats.

so yeah, crafted units are also garbage.The resistances are just icing on the cake. The cake which is made of higher hp and pp.

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2014, 11:37 PM
I dunno, I made maxed out crafted units for my friend's Fi/Hu/Br, and when that character gets hit, they still go splat compared to using the lucky rise Sholded units.
But yeah, I know he shouldn't be getting hit.
I don't use crafted units myself. Using 10 stars.

Aren't there a bunch of 10 star units with a lot more than 3 PP per piece?

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 11:38 PM
Aren't there a bunch of 10 star units with a lot more than 3 PP?I was about to say that. There's a bunch with like 4 PP and more hp on top of that. Crafted units are better than crafted weapons at endgame, but they still get outmatched statistically.

EDIT: Ok, not a bunch, but my point still stands that most have as much or more PP than extended units in addition to their hp and resistances.

GHNeko
Jul 16, 2014, 11:39 PM
Yeah Craft Tech units are pretty damn beast. I'm not sure what Wildarms is talking about.

I mean having strike resist is nice and all, but good units and unit sets that give worthwhile resists aren't always even all that good aside from that...

Crafted units still lose out to 10-11* units tho. Good ones I mean.

Shiyo
Jul 16, 2014, 11:40 PM
I dunno, I made maxed out crafted units for my friend's Fi/Hu/Br, and when that character gets hit, they still go splat compared to using the lucky rise Sholded units.
But yeah, I know he shouldn't be getting hit.
I don't use crafted units myself. Using 10 stars.

Aren't there a bunch of 10 star units with a lot more than 3 PP per piece?
Blitz/Gloam + white tail are best in slot for BR/HU/FI . Blitz crafted are only slightly worse defensively, but same attack and PP bonuses(only thing that matters) and future proof + now new potentials.

Anyways, more info on potentials please! Let's go!

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 11:41 PM
Crafted units still lose out to 10-11* units tho. Good ones I mean.That's what we're comparing them to. ._.

Rakurai
Jul 16, 2014, 11:41 PM
I hope they'll add an upgrade category for advance quests or emergency quests in the future, seeing as those are the only things that really matter these days.

Shiyo
Jul 16, 2014, 11:43 PM
I hope they'll add an upgrade category for advance quests or emergency quests in the future, seeing as those are the only things that really matter these days.

They want people doing more than just EQ's SHAQ's TACO's and extreme's.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 11:44 PM
I hope they'll add an upgrade category for advance quests or emergency quests in the future, seeing as those are the only things that really matter these days.HAH! That's right. The higher level ones won't work with those.

They want people doing more than just EQ's SHAQ's TACO's and extreme's.Then they should make them more interesting and rewarding. I:

GHNeko
Jul 16, 2014, 11:53 PM
That's what we're comparing them to. ._.

Clearly I'm not paying as much attention as I should be then.

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2014, 11:55 PM
Clearly I'm not paying as much attention as I should be then.
To be fair I did kinda take it for granted.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 17, 2014, 12:17 AM
To be fair I did kinda take it for granted.uh, okay.

I think I also took it for granted.

I forgot garbage 10* units exists.

Shiyo
Jul 17, 2014, 12:35 AM
uh, okay.

I think I also took it for granted.

I forgot garbage 10* units exists.

Gloam units are 40 HP 6% more striking resist better than crafted blitz.

Two completely meaningless stats, crafted units are amazing. Crafted units don't lower your damage, crafted weapons do. Only crafted weapons are bad.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2014, 12:45 AM
Two completely meaningless stats, crafted units are amazing. Crafted units don't lower your damage, crafted weapons do. Only crafted weapons are bad.I think you're misinterpreting. Defensive stats aren't useless; it's just that, if you have to chose between having better defense and having more damage then you'll go with damage.

However, if you can chose between having more damage, or having BOTH, then both would be hands down better.

Is it enough to be worth several mill? Probably not, but it's objectively better statistically.

I'd also like to clarify that I don't think crafted units are bad, just that uncrafted high end units are better and if you have a choice between the two (as in being able to easily access both) then you should pick the later.

GHNeko
Jul 17, 2014, 12:53 AM
Couldn't you...theortically...keep multiple sets of the same armor but with different potentials so you could reap the maximum benefit?

Is this something Sega was (possibly) aiming at?

They encourage multiple weapons, trees, classes, and more; this could encourage multiple unit sets, especially so with crafting.

It's essentially have you farm more resources to craft multiple unit sets, meaning playing more which is a win/win for Sega.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2014, 01:03 AM
Couldn't you...theortically...keep multiple sets of the same armor but with different potentials so you could reap the maximum benefit?

Is this something Sega was (possibly) aiming at?

They encourage multiple weapons, trees, classes, and more; this could encourage multiple unit sets, especially so with crafting.

It's essentially have you farm more resources to craft multiple unit sets, meaning playing more which is a win/win for Sega.Are you suggesting that people grind, affix, and keep 99 units that all have an upkeep on top of that? You can only have 1 recipe per unit slot saved, so you'd have to constantly overwrite them increasing the upkeep even further, and potentially erasing a really good bonus to make way for the next one.

So no... I don't think that's the intention.

Arada
Jul 17, 2014, 03:30 AM
Do you also lose units' hidden abilities when adding a potential to them ?

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2014, 03:31 AM
Do you also lose units' hidden abilities when adding a potential to them ?I would assume not since they're completely seperate.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2014, 03:48 AM
Remember in PSO how your equipment had slots that you could freely swap upgrades in and out of on the fly any time you wanted that could raise your stats, refill HP/TP/PB over time, or even display traps?

These were permanent bonuses that you could keep forever or transfer to other equipment later on if you wanted to completely for free as many times as you liked.

And they worked everywhere.

All the time.

Sanguine2009
Jul 17, 2014, 03:54 AM
sega gonna sega, anyway as long as sega does not start balancing content around having the perfect unit latent for each area i dont really care either way. too busy having AIS withdrawals

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 17, 2014, 04:02 AM
Remember in PSO how your equipment had slots that you could freely swap upgrades in and out of on the fly any time you wanted that could raise your stats, refill HP/TP/PB over time, or even display traps?

These were permanent bonuses that you could keep forever or transfer to other equipment later on if you wanted to completely for free as many times as you liked.

And they worked everywhere.

All the time.

i remember but PSO wasn't really based around RNG except the drops PSO2 is litterally based off RNG except for story and certain EQS

Sega isn't trying to make you have multiple units there idea is rather simple because well sega is simple minded if they make the crafting system better but based off RNG more people will buy extra crafting slots

simple but effective plan people have no paitence so they will impulsively buy extra crafting slots to get what they want faster

Maenara
Jul 17, 2014, 08:12 AM
According to JP wiki, one of the effects you can obtain is Rare Drop Rate boost, so this may actually end up being relevant in some way.

GHNeko
Jul 17, 2014, 08:47 AM
Are you suggesting that people grind, affix, and keep 99 units that all have an upkeep on top of that? You can only have 1 recipe per unit slot saved, so you'd have to constantly overwrite them increasing the upkeep even further, and potentially erasing a really good bonus to make way for the next one.

So no... I don't think that's the intention.

Well I wouldnt take it to THAT extreme.

But rather have like 3-4 sets of the same units with different potentials, but each unit of the set has a different potential.

Set one has the most commonly proc'd potential for Naberious. One unit for Forest, the other for Ruins, and another for Tundra.

Set two has the most commonly proc'd potential for Vopar. One unit for Coast, one unit for Seabed, etc etc.

So instead of seeing potentially +30-+120 atk for a single instance, the +10-+40 bonuses are spread amongst all the levels giving you a neat extra bonus that is active frequently.

And you'd switch sets based on what planet you'd be playing on.

Yeah it'd be more costly and time consuming, but this is what I was asking if this was their intention.

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2014, 08:50 AM
According to JP wiki, one of the effects you can obtain is Rare Drop Rate boost, so this may actually end up being relevant in some way.

I wondered how they would replace 250% RDR tickets.

For a long time 250%s were hard to get, since excubes were hard to get (or didn't even exist). Now everybody's rolling in excubes.

So...how do players get an edge above that?

Unit crafting sounds about right. I'm surprised they didn't make craftable drinks though.

GHNeko
Jul 17, 2014, 09:41 AM
They should make craftable PAs.

*swoon*