PDA

View Full Version : The new matter board

Maenara
Jul 16, 2014, 03:23 PM
The new matterboard:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Nr6hfxY.png[/spoiler-box]

So uh, it has 27 nodes. Of those 27, only six of them are NOT events. Aside from the very first node, the main path through all key nodes is 100% event nodes. Story patch team needs to get serious about recruiting, because it doesn't look like it's going to get easier for them. Honestly though right now, I don't see it getting done...at all.

Of those six, there are two nodes that have some fairly interesting-looking rewards 50% triboost from Gwanahda and some 10* partizan from Ragne:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/FqnYy3S.png
http://i.imgur.com/tiT1Tbf.png[/spoiler-box]

Is that 10* Partizan a brand new weapon? I don't recall having seen it before.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 16, 2014, 03:27 PM
Not to mention the team still has Matterboard 16 to deal with... lord almighty...

Rakurai
Jul 16, 2014, 03:30 PM
Even though I can't understand much Japanese, what little I think I'm grasping correctly of the story kind of blew my mind.

Persona seemingly turning out to be a Dark Falz possessed version of you, for instance.

The Profound Darkness is also apparently a thing, according an exposition dump from Xiao.

sesshymon
Jul 16, 2014, 04:12 PM
If im not mistaken, that 10* wep is called Gae Bolg.

Waraiwarai
Jul 16, 2014, 04:14 PM
And if underestand correctly the latent boosts Freeze status proc rate.

Hrith
Jul 16, 2014, 06:20 PM
I was hoping it'd boost the durability of the status ailment, like the Freeze Keep skill. Is it confirmed what 細氷の枷 does?

Terrible matter board, btw, dull and boring. I guess we'll never see matter boards as amazing as #8 :(

WildarmsRE5
Jul 16, 2014, 11:31 PM
is the spear all class?

TaigaUC
Jul 16, 2014, 11:41 PM
Yeah, that's Gae Bolg. Shame we didn't get Lancer stuff with the Fate Stay Night Collab.
SEGAAAAAAAAA

Doesn't seem to say whether it's all class or not on that description, but I bet it is.

I also expected Persona to be Persona.

Kinujou
Jul 17, 2014, 12:50 AM
its all class

Yden
Jul 17, 2014, 01:52 AM
So it turns out that you're Zeno's teacher he always talks about.

Shadowth117
Jul 17, 2014, 01:56 AM
So it turns out that you're Zeno's teacher he always talks about.

I loled pretty hard when when I found that out.

Shinamori
Jul 17, 2014, 02:06 AM
I loled pretty hard when when I found that out.

I thought everyone knew that?

EvilMag
Jul 17, 2014, 02:07 AM
[spoiler-box]Needless to say, I was shocked.
http://i.imgur.com/B4O6dYW.png[/spoiler-box]

Shadowth117
Jul 17, 2014, 02:17 AM
I thought everyone knew that?

1. Cute, but don't be a dick.

2. It was funny seeing the interaction.

Achelousaurus
Jul 17, 2014, 04:13 AM
If im not mistaken, that 10* wep is called Gae Bolg.
o.O
Now that I take a closer look, yes it is!
I got a Gae Bolg trauma though from using a Bluefull humar in offline PSO Ep 1&2 on GC. I was actually glad when my data got corrupted and I had to start all over again.

But wow, looks like now it's actually the 2nd strongest partizan in the game and only 10* so easier to grind and affix.
Now it only needs a good potential...like having a low probability to briefly freeze enemies >_>

oratank
Jul 17, 2014, 08:22 AM
so the profound Darkness is still alive that's mean pso is nothing related with original ps series

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2014, 08:30 AM
Seems like one of the blue board talks about Risa's origin, is what I hear from friends that cleared it already.

Edson Drake
Jul 17, 2014, 08:53 AM
Seems like one of the blue board talks about Risa's origin, is what I hear from friends that cleared it already.

Now I'm crazy to do it. I guess I'll do it in Japanese and use Google to find out.

Achelousaurus
Jul 17, 2014, 10:09 AM
Anyway, if MB 16 isn't translated, I'm not gonna get Keneii >_<
I seriously need to upgrade my Hu's Roundeet +7 when going hu/br but not at the expense of missing out on the story.
I guess I will have to hope I can get 430 dex sometime soon, so I can use a Yuuei from the Rare Stone Shop.

Meteor Weapon
Jul 17, 2014, 10:13 AM
With the recent update, you can now rewatch all scenes you gain in My Room . You can watch again once the scenes are translated.

Yden
Jul 17, 2014, 10:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT8lDGSYmG0

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2014, 01:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mNSMzAX.gif

Hrith
Jul 17, 2014, 02:03 PM
Haha. I took a picture of that, but yeah, it was awesome. I wonder how Apprentice could survive that...

Sandmind
Jul 17, 2014, 02:34 PM
Haha. I took a picture of that, but yeah, it was awesome. I wonder how Apprentice could survive that...

Falz type could be said to be some type of spirit on an another plane of existence, they themself aren't affected by us, but they require an host to act on our own plane. So yeah, Apprentice simply went ahead and highjacked a new host soon after that.
Man, I need to stop being lazy and do my MBs.

pkemr4
Jul 17, 2014, 02:38 PM
Anyway, if MB 16 isn't translated, I'm not gonna get Keneii >_<
I seriously need to upgrade my Hu's Roundeet +7 when going hu/br but not at the expense of missing out on the story.
I guess I will have to hope I can get 430 dex sometime soon, so I can use a Yuuei from the Rare Stone Shop.

mother of god...

Nulve
Jul 17, 2014, 02:57 PM
How long is the story mission? And how many areas and checkpoints are there?

KuroNeko77
Jul 17, 2014, 03:25 PM
This one is pretty short compared to the previous one.
3 short areas, no checkpoint. Mostly cut-scenes.

Alenoir
Jul 17, 2014, 03:39 PM
Terrible matter board, btw, dull and boring. I guess we'll never see matter boards as amazing as #8 :(

I don't know, the mb threw some of the more wtf stuffs at you than most of the previous boards. KlarisKryas 3rd's name being "Sarah", for example.

Nulve
Jul 17, 2014, 03:41 PM
Where can I read the entire story and cutscene script? Is there a transcript online anywhere?

Maenara
Jul 17, 2014, 04:36 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/8G1iJOQ.png[/spoiler-box]

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/538/f3d.png

Daiyousei
Jul 17, 2014, 06:06 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/8G1iJOQ.png[/spoiler-box]

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/538/f3d.png

Poor Afin watching his sister get possessed.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2014, 07:23 PM
pso2 2014 07 16 22 09 50 140 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT8lDGSYmG0)

Basically, she used to be a fleshy with a weak body and strong photon powers.
Some assholes thought that was a waste, so they shoved her into a Cast body against her will.

Shear
Jul 17, 2014, 07:40 PM
It seems all the NPC's slowly have some side story around them ... which I wholeheartedly encourage :)

Seriously though it explains why she's so goddamn messed up.

Maximum Burst
Jul 17, 2014, 08:34 PM
So I watched all the story scenes today, and it answered many questions, but also created more questions. It was very interesting. My Japanese isn't perfect, so please correct me if I understood something wrong.

So it seems like Matoi saved a little girl's life by using Clarissa's power. Luther then preys on this little girl since having some of Clarissa's power gives her some of that ZENCHI that he wants so much. The little girl looks and sounds like a younger Klariskrays (present), and when Luther asks what her name is, she reveals herself to be Sara!

I can only assume that Sara is the original used to make the Klariskrays clones, and the Klariskrays that we know is simply one of the best clones. Klariskrays is depressed by the fact that she's just a clone, but Huey gives her a good pep talk about how she's unique and all that. Typical development for these types of storylines. So now the thing I'm most curious about is Sara's history. She looks and sounds different, not to mention being a Hunter rather than a Force. When did she meet Xiao and start her crazy time-traveling adventures? I'm very very interested in where that goes. Heck, it feels like it could be its own spinoff game.

The parts I'm unsure of are concerning Kasra and Persona. I don't know what Kasra was talking about with clones and whatnot with Quna. With Persona, I'm mostly leaning towards him/her being a Dark Falz version of the player, but there's also the possibility that copying appearances is his ability. Originally, the VA for Persona was the same as Kasra's. Now depending on the player's gender, it's either Zeno's or Echo's. I just find that odd.

If Persona really is just the player from the future trying to rewrite things a certain way, then he did mention how Matoi needed to die. It's my assumption that it's because she is capable of being a vessel for The Profound Darkness. I believe it was said that she was created by Xion to eradicate the Darkers. I'm going to assume that Xion has to be related to The Great Light somehow, so Matoi may be a vessel for that kind of power, which explains her overwhelming strength.

They showed Matoi's heart wavering over what she really believed her purpose was, which probably left an opening for something like the Profound Darkness to seep in and then further drawn out by Persona's interference. Xiao mentioned that Xion completely erased Matoi from all history, and it's probably because The Profound Darkness almost made its way into that world through Matoi.

So yeah, there's still so many questions and strange turns in the story. And soon, we're getting Episode 3 that might throw things in a completely different direction. And again, if I misunderstood something, please correct me!

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2014, 08:39 PM
I think Persona is the player given a matterboard by Falz-related entity, largely following the same path as the player.
That's why Persona keeps showing up at the same places seeking the same things.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2014, 08:57 PM
So I watched all the story scenes today, and it answered many questions, but also created more questions. It was very interesting. My Japanese isn't perfect, so please correct me if I understood something wrong.

So it seems like Matoi saved a little girl's life by using Clarissa's power. Luther then preys on this little girl since having some of Clarissa's power gives her some of that ZENCHI that he wants so much. The little girl looks and sounds like a younger Klariskrays (present), and when Luther asks what her name is, she reveals herself to be Sara!

I can only assume that Sara is the original used to make the Klariskrays clones, and the Klariskrays that we know is simply one of the best clones. Klariskrays is depressed by the fact that she's just a clone, but Huey gives her a good pep talk about how she's unique and all that. Typical development for these types of storylines. So now the thing I'm most curious about is Sara's history. She looks and sounds different, not to mention being a Hunter rather than a Force. When did she meet Xiao and start her crazy time-traveling adventures? I'm very very interested in where that goes. Heck, it feels like it could be its own spinoff game.

The parts I'm unsure of are concerning Kasra and Persona. I don't know what Kasra was talking about with clones and whatnot with Quna. With Persona, I'm mostly leaning towards him/her being a Dark Falz version of the player, but there's also the possibility that copying appearances is his ability. Originally, the VA for Persona was the same as Kasra's. Now depending on the player's gender, it's either Zeno's or Echo's. I just find that odd.

If Persona really is just the player from the future trying to rewrite things a certain way, then he did mention how Matoi needed to die. It's my assumption that it's because she is capable of being a vessel for The Profound Darkness. I believe it was said that she was created by Xion to eradicate the Darkers. I'm going to assume that Xion has to be related to The Great Light somehow, so Matoi may be a vessel for that kind of power, which explains her overwhelming strength.

They showed Matoi's heart wavering over what she really believed her purpose was, which probably left an opening for something like the Profound Darkness to seep in and then further drawn out by Persona's interference. Xiao mentioned that Xion completely erased Matoi from all history, and it's probably because The Profound Darkness almost made its way into that world through Matoi.

So yeah, there's still so many questions and strange turns in the story. And soon, we're getting Episode 3 that might throw things in a completely different direction. And again, if I misunderstood something, please correct me!

Note that old Claris uses grants techs. Post-corruption and purification(?) Matoi uses megid techs. He may have gotten away with more than we know.

oratank
Jul 18, 2014, 12:16 AM
black hair sarah did tell her story she was dead(or almost i didn't read it clear) . shao found and send his part to save her life.she maybe the original sarah but had reborn by fused with part of shao make her personality look defferent with orther clones. maybe lost memory from dead too but i havn't seen she told somthing about lost memory stuff yet(or i miss thus part)

Alenoir
Jul 18, 2014, 12:17 AM

[SPOILER]So it seems like Matoi saved a little girl's life by using Clarissa's power. Luther then preys on this little girl since having some of Clarissa's power gives her some of that ZENCHI that he wants so much. The little girl looks and sounds like a younger Klariskrays (present), and when Luther asks what her name is, she reveals herself to be Sara!

They showed Matoi's heart wavering over what she really believed her purpose was, which probably left an opening for something like the Profound Darkness to seep in and then further drawn out by Persona's interference. Xiao mentioned that Xion completely erased Matoi from all history, and it's probably because The Profound Darkness almost made its way into that world through Matoi.[/spoiler-box]

The girl had no chance of surviving unless Clarissa "links" with her and heal her up like that, so Matoi told Clarissa to do it and guard the little girl away from the scene. Because of this linkage, this little girl possessed some of Clarissa/Xion's power, and got kidnapped by a certain zenchi afterward for that.

There are theories flying all around about Sara. Some say ponytail Sara is the real one and all KlarisKryas are clones, while some say ponytail!Sara is the clone instead. (Kid!Sara is voiced by Yuuki Aoi, the same voice as the current KK.) ponlytail!Sara did mentioned how she almost died when she was a kid and Xiao put a part of "him" in her to keep her alive, so there's that. (Field event for ch6 called 二心同体.)

Casra basically said he's a clone of the original Casra.

The way the story played it, everything points toward Matoi eventually turning into the Profound Darkness itself. There's too much uncertain factors concerning Persona though, like maybe he/she's ability is copycat after all, or maybe he/she's you from a parallel universe where you somehow become a DF. I'm having this impression that he/she was asked to specifically kill Matoi, maybe by the Matoi that's turning into the Profound Darkness later down the route, so she wouldn't end up destroying the world.

Someone over on the JP wiki theorized that the Great Light may be the Photoners themselves, since they can control photon and whatnot and they were the ones that sealed the Profound Darkness a long time ago. They also apparently lose their power to use Photon after that, and thus created Arks to fight darkers for them.

Matoi was lost -- What WAS she fighting for? "Everyone"? Who? "Who is this 'everyone' I'm fighting for?" It's kinda how she went from not giving Babaapprentice any care in the world other than to "eat" her to losing half her will to fight. (Well that and BBA used Arks as shields...) Anyways, she have been "eating" all the darkers she fought. Probably by absorbing the darker energy into her? Because she was dying, she was releasing all these dark energy, to the point that there's no way to contain it, so she asked Clarissa to erase her. Xiao pretty much dragged you out of there, but the impact was so great that Matoi herself also got dragged to your world (and maybe Persona too). Xiao mentioned that Xion removed all memory of her from the history not only to cover this up, but because she herself wanted to forget it. She was really sad over Matoi's death and how what she thought was the right thing to do have turned a person's life into a tragedy.

Not sure if I missed anything important. .-.

Achelousaurus
Jul 18, 2014, 02:58 AM
Oh, thanks. That's great, then I can continue the quest for Kenei.

Sayara
Jul 18, 2014, 09:56 PM
Doing the chapter with my disgusting variented character made some of the later scenes absolutely amazing.

Im a bit discouraged my music volume was too low to hear the battle music again + the cheesy credits song
Its a bit depressing to be introduced to a character and then have her killed in the same Matterboard. :x

Meteor Weapon
Jul 19, 2014, 03:34 AM
She's not really dead you know.

Zorafim
Jul 19, 2014, 10:15 AM
With the recent update, you can now rewatch all scenes you gain in My Room . You can watch again once the scenes are translated.

Finally. They've needed this from the beginning.
So how much story is translated? I've been away for a while, so maybe there's a matterboard or two I can do.

Sayara
Jul 19, 2014, 10:22 AM
All but the last 2 i recall.
Though be sure you dont have any tutorial screens to deal with as the story patch has broken them on occassion.
Load TD3->Stuck forever->had to force crash PSO2.