Aussei
Jul 17, 2014, 10:41 PM
Me too.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2014, 10:43 PM
Why did only one need an email code?

Meyfei
Jul 17, 2014, 10:57 PM
there was more down below. i switched to a new vpn though got tired of d/cing all the time randomly.

But the SoftEither has like a static IP or some shiz that dont require a code constantly (but also i notice that static ip changed too?) weirdness but hey it worked for the mode part.

Maenara
Jul 17, 2014, 11:03 PM
What a trooper.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 17, 2014, 11:03 PM
thanks for the info and this here confirms PSO2 has almost no security unlike other mmos ive played

Daiyousei
Jul 17, 2014, 11:13 PM
thanks for the info and this here confirms PSO2 has almost no security unlike other mmos ive played

As been said before, the email authentication appears to work with your computer's mac address or something. I've moved and changed ISPs but used the same computer the past 2 years, never needed an authentication. Stuff like Guild Wars 2 forces me to authenticate every time my IP changes.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2014, 11:15 PM
I mean, like, I guess this is cool.

Arkanoid
Jul 17, 2014, 11:52 PM
Oh, I thought this was going to be a list of pointless threads you made on here as a list of 20+ reasons to be banned from pso-world...

Aussei
Jul 18, 2014, 12:21 AM
SoftEther never really dcs for me but then again I don't play often.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 18, 2014, 12:41 AM
As been said before, the email authentication appears to work with your computer's mac address or something. I've moved and changed ISPs but used the same computer the past 2 years, never needed an authentication. Stuff like Guild Wars 2 forces me to authenticate every time my IP changes.

i don't recall saying anything about authentication because the JP mmos ive played that do have more security well never sent authentication emails they just banned me for to many different IP log ins

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 18, 2014, 12:51 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220295

GHNeko
Jul 18, 2014, 01:15 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220295
http://i.imgur.com/eSkmEM3.png

Jokai
Jul 18, 2014, 01:25 AM
I see 0 reasons for why you'd be banned since the banning for VPN was taken out of context. I've logged in from 26 ips now.

wefwq
Jul 18, 2014, 01:40 AM
nice blog, dude.
10/10 would like, share, and subscribe

Chik'Tikka
Jul 18, 2014, 01:58 AM
my VPN has been using the same IP every time, and even when i switched to it i didn't get any mail confirm, however when i used a different WiFi antenna/adapter, even tho the address was still the same i did need to confirm e-mail once, proving they go by MAC address, for whatever reason (a really smart thief would just spoof his/hers to match the account he's stealing)+^_^+

Meyfei
Jul 18, 2014, 09:30 AM
I could say it's either lazy of sega, or conveniently setup by sega knowing some people have internet that switches IP everytime they reboot, or reconnect. (or some shit)

Sizustar
Jul 18, 2014, 09:35 AM
I could say it's either lazy of sega, or conveniently setup by sega knowing some people have internet that switches IP everytime they reboot, or reconnect. (or some shit)

There are people logging in from Netcafe that woun't have set IP.
And also business people that travel and use Hotel internet with different IP.
Basicly, it's one of the flag they use, but if it's not tied to account with large AC or mass trading/selling going on, they won't take a closer look at it.

Distant Thunder
Jul 18, 2014, 09:41 AM

There's hardly any relation between Authentication email each time your IP/computer changes and hacking proof authentication system.
If a crackers gets your PSO2 IDs, he/she'll have access to your mail too. And most of the methods used to gather people's passwords allow to sniff ALL of them, not just your PSO2 creds. ;)

Actually, it has been demonstrated many times that an IP address should NEVER be used as an authentication factor, unless there's a special setup involved.
Machine based, even though still weak, is already more relevant because changing IP regularly is normal, when changing computer regurlarly could be more suspicious.

i don't recall saying anything about authentication because the JP mmos ive played that do have more security well never sent authentication emails they just banned me for to many different IP log ins

And THAT my friend is called lazyness.

Vintasticvin
Jul 18, 2014, 10:32 AM
Oh, I thought this was going to be a list of pointless threads you made on here as a list of 20+ reasons to be banned from pso-world...

:( I thought so too. This thread is a disappointment (not sure I spelled it right).

Meyfei
Jul 18, 2014, 11:39 AM
:( I thought so too. This thread is a disappointment (not sure I spelled it right).

Ok how about i make a thread 20 reasons why i WILL be banned shortly, instead? :)

I see 0 reasons for why you'd be banned since the banning for VPN was taken out of context. I've logged in from 26 ips now.

Lol the entire thing is a joke in reference to all the "Im banned, ooh Vpn will ban us" stuff. and all these people getting so serious cause i posted other threads is just wow, Im sure they got more important things to worry about than what I'm posting, Like insulting me more behind my back ^_^

ShinMaruku
Jul 18, 2014, 11:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/eSkmEM3.png

http://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/Smileys/TwitchTV/SoonerLater.png

yoshiblue
Jul 18, 2014, 04:52 PM
http://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/jtv_user_pictures/chansub-global-emoticon-d4e971f7a6830e95-30x30.png

Jaqlou Swig KING
Jul 18, 2014, 06:13 PM
1. For being Meyfei
2. FOr being Meyfei
3. for being Meyfei
4. FoR being Meyfei
5. For Being Meyfei
6. For beIng Meyfei
7. For bEing Meyfei
8. For beiNg Meyfei
9. For beinG Meyfei
10. For being Meyfei
11. For being Meyfei
12. For being Meyfei
13. For being Meyfei
14. For being Meyfei
15. For being Meyfei
16. For being Meyfei
17. For being Meyfei
18. For being Meyfei
19. For being Meyfei
20. Baka Gaijin etc

Z-0
Jul 18, 2014, 06:43 PM
Yeah, believe whatever you want. There were no others reasons for some people being banned, except logging in from a VPN. Carry on being delusional, it gives the people with braincells a good laugh.

Lol the entire thing is a joke in reference to all the "Im banned, ooh Vpn will ban us" stuff. and all these people getting so serious cause i posted other threads is just wow, Im sure they got more important things to worry about than what I'm posting, Like insulting me more behind my back ^_^
You're a dense idiot, VPN is the reason people have been getting banned. SEGA's security is just lackluster. Please stop posting, you're just flat out wrong.

What is with people and the truth on these forums?

Helvetica Standard
Jul 18, 2014, 07:33 PM
SEGA's security is just lackluster.

And I hope it stays that way. I can only connect vía Pingzapper (VPN doesn't work for me) and If they reinforce security we're all screwed.

xcanox
Jul 18, 2014, 09:54 PM
Give Meyfei a break. He's high on meds all the time.

Meyfei
Jul 18, 2014, 09:58 PM
Give Meyfei a break. He's high on meds all the time.

shhhh they cant know i have mental issues D:
I might get ridiculed for being special!

Kinaya
Jul 19, 2014, 06:56 AM
Yeah, believe whatever you want. There were no others reasons for some people being banned, except logging in from a VPN. Carry on being delusional, it gives the people with braincells a good laugh.

You're a dense idiot, VPN is the reason people have been getting banned. SEGA's security is just lackluster. Please stop posting, you're just flat out wrong.

What is with people and the truth on these forums?

The reason ppl getting banned for using a VPN is cuz they are idiots like you. So lemme explain it why you got banned my dear friend.

Step 1 After the DDoS you couldnt wait and used a VPN so you could play pso2
Step 2 you obviously logged in from a new IP so you had to enter the code you get via email
Step 3 you checked ur mail and didnt get the code so what to do? you srsly logged in changed ur email after you tried to login via a new IP lol why would you do that? Just why? dude explain it to me how stupid can someone be. A new IP trys to enter ur account + trys to change ur email its pretty obvious that sega bans ur account till you prove that u changed it. Dear lord I know ur stupid but damn son step it up Kappa

SakoHaruo
Jul 19, 2014, 07:07 AM
The salt is strong in that one. It's useless against him, as he cannot be saved. D:

Kinaya
Jul 19, 2014, 07:10 AM
Hes banned thats everything ive ever asked for xD

Dammy
Jul 19, 2014, 07:59 AM
I think Kinaya is right, people got banned because its new IP + email change, so SEGA thinks account is stolen.
Its like that in every other online game, just account protection.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 19, 2014, 08:16 AM
The reason ppl getting banned for using a VPN is cuz they are idiots like you. So lemme explain it why you got banned my dear friend.

Step 1 After the DDoS you couldnt wait and used a VPN so you could play pso2
Step 2 you obviously logged in from a new IP so you had to enter the code you get via email
Step 3 you checked ur mail and didnt get the code so what to do? you srsly logged in changed ur email after you tried to login via a new IP lol why would you do that? Just why? dude explain it to me how stupid can someone be. A new IP trys to enter ur account + trys to change ur email its pretty obvious that sega bans ur account till you prove that u changed it. Dear lord I know ur stupid but damn son step it up Kappa

He tried to see how fast he could Time Attack his ban :p

SakoHaruo
Jul 19, 2014, 08:50 AM
He tried to see how fast he could Time Attack his ban :p

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WHAT AN ANSWER!

n_n
Jul 20, 2014, 02:25 AM
I think Kinaya is right, people got banned because its new IP + email change, so SEGA thinks account is stolen.
Its like that in every other online game, just account protection.
Except thats not the case for everyone. There are people (such as myself) who never changed E-mail or anything with the account and still got banned.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 20, 2014, 02:29 AM
did you have to, at any point, use the new device e-mail verification?+^_^+ if you did, then that's why

Kinaya
Jul 20, 2014, 02:31 AM
Except thats not the case for everyone. There are people (such as myself) who never changed E-mail or anything with the account and still got banned.

Then you did something stupid, sega doesnt give a shit about ur IP you could switch it every hour and they wouldnt care.

n_n
Jul 20, 2014, 02:44 AM
I just logged in and played normally. Plz list what 'stupid things' you think got me banned because I did nothing different that day aside from login with VPN(like a lot of other people). Only used 2 different IPs, too.

PS: I was never prompted for a code, if that makes any difference.

.Jack
Jul 20, 2014, 02:58 AM
Then you did something stupid, sega doesnt give a shit about ur IP you could switch it every hour and they wouldnt care.

I think so as well having playing around a new lvl 1 char using free 30day vpn with 50+ IP (purposely changing IP). It changes everyday and has not been denied access of any sort due to IP change so far. I think those banned at that time was on SEGA's error sending email codes. You can try this yourself if you have an alternative IP and log in as many times as you want and see for yourself.

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2014, 03:15 AM
Yeah, maybe everyone who "should have" gotten an email code when the system was broke got "temp banned"

I don't think anyone's gotten those error codes recently, have they?

Helvetica Standard
Jul 20, 2014, 01:05 PM
I just logged in and played normally. Plz list what 'stupid things' you think got me banned.

Not exactly stupid things, but some MMO's temp ban you for:

*Multiple logins in the same day (example: more than 10 times, perhaps?)
*Multiple disconnects (same as above)
*Suspicious activity in game (Have you perhaps considered that the ban was not because of your VPN? What if you joined a hacked MPA and didn't notice?)
*Reported by someone (A trollish japanese player might have flagged you because you stole his thunder/ruined his perfect raid score.)
*Spamming a regular MPA (This actually happened to a friend of mine: We got into an EQ and since mobs keep spawing even after it's finished, my friend abused that and kept killing stuff for hours, the next day he tried to login...bam! banned.)
*Abrupt IP change: your VPN could use 2, 3, 4 IPs to connect you. This doesn't matter. What matters is that if your VPN changes IP abruptly (like the same day or switch between the 2 IP's you mentioned, that also triggers bans.)

Other stuff that can get you banned could be (non game related)

*You spammed your VPN exe (opened the program many times the same day) some dude at bumped blog reported to be banned due to VPN abuse.
* You screwed up while setting up your VPN (Someone called out on a banned dude because he set up his VPN improperly.)

Even with all this, I believe that SEGA bans are automated and only trigger under specific circumstances, so it largely depends on your login habits and such.

For instance, a bunch of my teammates were from SEA and were forced to use VPN. None of them have been banned so far.

Erza
Jul 20, 2014, 01:18 PM
____________________▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
_______________▄▀▀____▀▀▀▀▄____█
___________▄▀▀__▀▀▀▀▀▀▄___▀▄___█
__________█▄▄▄▄▄▄_______▀▄__▀▄__█
_________█_________▀▄______█____█_█
______▄█_____________▀▄_____▐___▐_▌
______██_______________▀▄___▐_▄▀▀▀▄
______█________██_______▌__▐▄▀______█
______█_________█_______▌__▐▐________▐
_____▐__________▌_____▄▀▀▀__▌_______▐_____________ ▄▄▄▄▄▄