PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 updater and P2P protocol on Government/University networks

ExKing
Jul 18, 2014, 08:32 AM
I've been trying for a while to find out if the PSO2 updater or the Tweaker uses the P2P protocol to update PSO2, but nobody seems to know the answer. The reason I'm asking is because this protocol is forbidden on the network I'm using. Thanks a bunch for any help.

AIDA
Jul 18, 2014, 08:40 AM
You mean P2P like torrents or that pando media booster stuff, I'm assuming? The Tweaker doesn't, I don't believe the SEGA updater does either. I know the setup file you download from SEGA's site DOES (or at least used to). Just download the setup from Arks-Layer, you should be good after that.

Maronji
Jul 18, 2014, 08:44 AM
I know the setup file you download from SEGA's site DOES (or at least used to).

I was under the impression that it always just installed the launcher, which downloaded the entire rest of the game the normal way (AKA the same way it updates) from there.

Or was that an older installer? I haven't reinstalled from the base in forever.

AIDA
Jul 18, 2014, 10:03 AM
I was under the impression that it always just installed the launcher, which downloaded the entire rest of the game the normal way (AKA the same way it updates) from there.

Or was that an older installer? I haven't reinstalled from the base in forever.

I think at first it was a P2P type thing, but I'll have to have someone who remembers clearly verify. I could have sworn it was.

ExKing
Jul 18, 2014, 10:14 AM
So it's 100% confirmed the Tweaker just downloads the updates directly, without using P2P? Just making sure, since my computer will be banned from the network if they sense any bit of P2P protocol. Thanks!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 18, 2014, 10:19 AM
I don't see why it would be. Unlike WoW's system, this one is a traditional downloader/installer program.