PDA

View Full Version : Boss rare drop?

gademit
Jul 18, 2014, 10:24 AM
Hi, may i ask if getting higher rank gives me higher chance on rare item drop
or i could just rush the boss and still has the same chance to get rare items?
also does the 250% drop rate buff apply to the party or just me?

thanks

Dnd
Jul 18, 2014, 10:37 AM
The more points you collect in a quest gives bosses a higher amount of drops, which indirectly increases the chances of rares dropping. for example,

Quartz dragon gives 4 core drops + 1 drop per part broken when you rush it, however if you attain the max amount of points (past s-ranking a quest, typically) the quartz dragon gives 12~16 core drops + 2~3 per part, so you end up with 3-4 times the amount of chances for rare drops to roll. In addition breaking a boss loot crystal depletes some of these points so you have to kill more to get to the max again.

Basically, it depends on your killing speed imo, if you can s-rank a quest with kills quicker then 3-4 boss rushes then do that. If you have boosters on however its probably best to rush the boss in question.

250% rare drop boosters and any other tickets are only applyed to you or whoever uses them aswell, they arent party wide

gademit
Jul 18, 2014, 10:50 AM
i see so basically break everything that is breakable and getting high rank is the best way
thanks for the fast reply

Sanguine2009
Jul 18, 2014, 10:57 AM
breaking parts draws from a seperate drop pool than the boss itself, with the exception of hunar's sword breaking parts only adds rare units and other misc trash to the drop pool and never rare weapons(which is great for soul hunting or for rare PA/techs but not much else). if you have boosters and seek a rare weapon its better to kill the boss asap rather than going out of your way to break stuff

Dnd
Jul 18, 2014, 10:57 AM
i see so basically break everything that is breakable and getting high rank is the best way
thanks for the fast reply

Breaking breakable parts doesnt effect core drops. for example, breaking a quartz dragon's wing's enables its arm units to drop (and 5* units), breaking the tail of a vol dragon enables its rear unit to drop.

But they won't increase the chances for the weapons that normally drop to drop (Like quartz WL on quartz dragon and Blitzaxe for vol dragon)