PDA

View Full Version : Increasing healing?

spider0804
Jul 19, 2014, 10:16 PM
Does resta count as a light technique?

Meaning if I get the light tech increasers in the Techer tree does it increase healing along with the Resta specific one?

GHNeko
Jul 19, 2014, 10:26 PM
IIRC no, hence why the resta advance is there.

Also.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385

For future reference.

DoubleZero
Jul 19, 2014, 10:59 PM
For the record, Crafting does so much more for Resta than any skill tree ability could ever hope of doing.

I also want to smack the person who thought 'pulse' heals and buffs were a good idea for a game that has the players constantly on the move.

GHNeko
Jul 19, 2014, 11:04 PM
For the record, Crafting does so much more for Resta than any skill tree ability could ever hope of doing.

I also want to smack the person who thought 'pulse' heals and buffs were a good idea for a game that has the players constantly on the move.

It's a double edge sword mechanic and has it's strengths and weaknesses. Not only that but players should theoretically come to the buffer or sit in place long enough to be buffed, at least traditionally.

I think the intention is that they wanted to not be a set it and forget it mechanic like it was in PSO and require support characters to have a more active role in interacting with other players on the field.

This holds true for S/D a lot more than Resta though. I do kinda agree that pulse Resta is...dumb, especially since 90% of the time the 1st 1-2 pulses do the job well enough. :/

I guess you could say that the extra pulses are for poorly placed/timed heals where you get smacked right after casting...but either way I dont think it works well.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 20, 2014, 06:49 AM
It's a double edge sword mechanic and has it's strengths and weaknesses. Not only that but players should theoretically come to the buffer or sit in place long enough to be buffed, at least traditionally.

I think the intention is that they wanted to not be a set it and forget it mechanic like it was in PSO and require support characters to have a more active role in interacting with other players on the field.

This holds true for S/D a lot more than Resta though. I do kinda agree that pulse Resta is...dumb, especially since 90% of the time the 1st 1-2 pulses do the job well enough. :/

I guess you could say that the extra pulses are for poorly placed/timed heals where you get smacked right after casting...but either way I dont think it works well.

Especially if you're prone to getting hit at the same time as your cast, cancelling out the casting of the technique. Happens to me all the time. >.>

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2014, 07:00 AM
No, nothing increases Resta's heal amount except plain T-Atk (but not your weapon's stats) and Resta Advance. No Tech Charge, or Tech JA, or Light Mastery.

I think the intention is that they wanted to not be a set it and forget it mechanic like it was in PSO and require support characters to have a more active role in interacting with other players on the field.Which would be acceptable if the buffs were any good to begin with. Right now they're so minor that few people would even care if they instantly applied to the entire MPA no matter where they were and lasted until the quest ended. It still wouldn't be a good reason to bring a Techer over some other class.

Now if crits were any good, and Deband Protect ever comes out, maybe that could change...

I'd honestly love to play a support role in PSO2. But actual competent support in this game has very little to do with Shifta/Deband, or even techs at all for the most part.

Totori
Jul 20, 2014, 08:31 AM
You can also use the Sweet Candy wand "スウィートキャンディ" it's latent Healing Wind increases Resta.

Moves my healing up to 826 per tick.

GHNeko
Jul 20, 2014, 01:49 PM
No, nothing increases Resta's heal amount except plain T-Atk (but not your weapon's stats) and Resta Advance. No Tech Charge, or Tech JA, or Light Mastery.

Which would be acceptable if the buffs were any good to begin with. Right now they're so minor that few people would even care if they instantly applied to the entire MPA no matter where they were and lasted until the quest ended. It still wouldn't be a good reason to bring a Techer over some other class.

Now if crits were any good, and Deband Protect ever comes out, maybe that could change...

I'd honestly love to play a support role in PSO2. But actual competent support in this game has very little to do with Shifta/Deband, or even techs at all for the most part.

It's possible to play support in PSO2, but you have to specialize in that and sacrifice practically all your damage.

It also helps to avoid playing with minmaxers. :V

Funny you mention crits though. It really hit me how silly it is that only FIs and Crafted Weapon users benefit from Crits lmfao.

Shadowth117
Jul 20, 2014, 02:18 PM
It's possible to play support in PSO2, but you have to specialize in that and sacrifice practically all your damage.

Funny you mention crits though. It really hit me how silly it is that only FIs and Crafted Weapon users benefit from Crits lmfao.

Ever wonder why minmaxers generally avoid them in this game outside of specific situations? Its pretty clear that its not because they're useful.

And for the record, its kind of nice to have a game where a critical doesn't allow someone to kill faster from BS luck. I see enough of that in Pokemon when I can bring myself to hop on Showdown. And endgame PSU Masterforce was stupid with having it pretty much every other hit.

Edit: Its not like you can't play support in this, but it pretty much involves zondeel and/or weak bullet and little else.

GHNeko
Jul 20, 2014, 03:02 PM
Ever wonder why minmaxers generally avoid them in this game outside of specific situations? Its pretty clear that its not because they're useful.

And for the record, its kind of nice to have a game where a critical doesn't allow someone to kill faster from BS luck. I see enough of that in Pokemon when I can bring myself to hop on Showdown. And endgame PSU Masterforce was stupid with having it pretty much every other hit.

Edit: Its not like you can't play support in this, but it pretty much involves zondeel and/or weak bullet and little else.

Well yeah if you play nothing but strictly end-game top gun super meta, you're going to avoid nonsense like S/D builds and -verse builds or status effect builds.

It's not the fact these builds aren't useful. They're just not useful when it comes to minmax meta, which is fine.

But it's a bit of an untruth to say they're not useful period, not that I'm implyingsaying that is what you're getting at.

That's how I feel about it.

There is a lot of creativity to be had in this game, but a super majority of it is anti-meta.

As for criticals, the idea of criticals killing faster because of RNG I can agree with you when it comes to PvP, but when a game is essentially 99% co-op, I dont think that should be a huge factor to consider. RPGs in general are RNG simulators.

The way critical builds should be built to work is that you sacrifice average damage for luck-based damage, or that criticals skills are supposed to be some what consistant proc-ing.

PSO2 kinda takes the worst of both worlds.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jul 20, 2014, 03:05 PM
You can also use the Sweet Candy wand "スウィートキャンディ" it's latent Healing Wind increases Resta.

That's more than my base HP, you monster.

GlassCannon4Lyfe

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2014, 03:38 PM

That too, but I'd lump that in with Resta Advance since, well, it kinda is.

Well, there's a focus on buffs and then there's actual support.

Sacrificing all of your own damage does not support your party.

But I suppose if the others have the mentality that you being there at all is better than leaving a party slot empty, then I guess they could appreciate your inconsequential buffs and the occasional saved consumable.

Weak Bullet and Moon Atomizers are the best support you can provide for another player besides the obvious DPS of your own. Zondeel and Zanverse are the most useful nondamaging techs. Heals would be up there as a distant second if you could actually have multiple support techs active at the same time. But no, a Resta or Megiverse would cancel your Zanverse.

Real damn shame about crits. If this were any other game, a +15% chance to crit to everyone would be a huge benefit. Even if crits only did 1.5x damage, that right there would effectively double the effects of Shifta. Buff maybe 6 people and you're already worth a slot in the MPA doing nothing else.

But nope, Shifta sucks so bad that a freely available consumable gives like 75% of a completely maxed out support build, as in 6% damage as opposed to 8% (huge numbers, I know). Sorry, but if you think a 2% increase is worth 20SP, then I've got some magic beans I'd like to sell you.

GHNeko
Jul 20, 2014, 04:47 PM
I've...had Zanverse and Megiverse active next to each other lol.

You can cast them in the same place, but you can cast them very close to each other, which is especially fine if you have territory burst.

I mean I see what you're saying and I agree what you're getting at, but that's why I specifically made sure to mention avoiding playing with minmaxing because I'm talking about non-high end play.