PDA

View Full Version : Are launchers useful?

suzaku0zero0
Jul 20, 2014, 05:46 AM
If ur an Ra/br and you have bio beld (bow) and bio spat (launcher), which you prefer to use?

I find bow more versatile and faster and only use launcher for riding around, not sure if there are other purposes where launcher is better than bow

GoldenFalcon
Jul 20, 2014, 06:19 AM
Funny. I primarily used Cluster Bullet and Cosmos Breaker, and felt that bow had no use

Rain Walker
Jul 20, 2014, 06:33 AM
How about both?

UnLucky
Jul 20, 2014, 06:40 AM
Bows are pretty bad for mobs. I wouldn't use one without Rapid Shoot active, either.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 20, 2014, 06:47 AM
I prefer to use launchers. Sure, they're not rapid-fire, but they hit big and hit hard. I only really use my rifles for WB.

Code-red
Jul 20, 2014, 08:11 AM
launchers are your best bet if you are trying to take down a large group of mobs with out target each single one. A high ranked divine launcher can easier take out the weaker enemies while softening up any survivors, The same with cosmos breaker. I don't mind using non rapid fire range weapons as long as their shots have a punch.

suzaku0zero0
Jul 20, 2014, 08:33 AM
I use bow's million storm to take out swarms of mobs, found it faster than using launcher, combine with ra's kill bonus, gives a lot of pp to keep using million storm

Natsu Nem
Jul 20, 2014, 08:36 AM
In general, I find RA/BR mobbing to be pretty annoying due to how bipolar the damage is. Fire a Cluster Bullet into a pack of mobs and end up mopping up the survivors because it hit a few for a measly 3k. I use a combination of bows, launchers, and rifles while mobbing. What I use at a given time is based on mob composition and positioning.

Launchers are used when the mobs are clumped up in front of me. Survivors after a Cluster/Cosmos/Divine are common and will quickly go into melee range. Finish them off with either a point blank Cosmos/Divine/Diffuse Shell.

Bow wise, I use Piercing/Million when mobs are in a linear formation. It's also decent at sniping a single mob at ranged with Master Shot.

Bows all the way for bosses because of the two shotting capabilities.

NexusAZ
Jul 20, 2014, 04:14 PM
Of course launchers are useful, you can't even play PSO2 without one. :v

Lostbob117
Jul 20, 2014, 04:17 PM
Yes, mostly depends on your playstyle though. If you are someone who likes to go fast and be like sanic then they won't be useful to you. If you like to be slow and hit hard, then yes their useful.

Shinamori
Jul 20, 2014, 04:52 PM
I usually use Launchers when going for big mobs, and rifle (Diffuse Shell) for smaller groups. Don't know any good bows, but I heard Ra/Br is pretty good at TD3, dunno why though.

suzaku0zero0
Jul 20, 2014, 09:09 PM
I usually use Launchers when going for big mobs, and rifle (Diffuse Shell) for smaller groups. Don't know any good bows, but I heard Ra/Br is pretty good at TD3, dunno why though.

Bows got larger range, as ra/br can benefit from +60% r atk (ra's standing snipe, sharp shooter), can benefit from ra's kill bonus,
with alot of pp, Bow's million storm can last along time and its good for boss kills when there is wb around

Esofor
Jul 21, 2014, 03:26 AM
why make a thread asking about launchers if you're just gonna downplay everything everyone posted and just say "i use this and i think it's faster"?

in my personal experience, bows have very few uses. main use being large, single target damage. it depends on the situation, but i find launchers much more useful than bows for the most part

UnLucky
Jul 21, 2014, 04:51 AM
Am I reading this wrong, or did he just say that Million Storm was good for bosses?

Sacrificial
Jul 21, 2014, 07:16 AM

I'll answer that with a video of a teammate.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9DUqClN8A[/SPOILER-BOX]

Am I reading this wrong, or did he just say that Million Storm was good for bosses?

he did .-.

Natsu Nem
Jul 21, 2014, 07:51 AM
Whenever I see someone Million Storming a boss, I go next to them, two shot the boss with a Banishing/Nemesis combo, look them in the eye, and walk away to find the next thing to two shot.

GHNeko
Jul 21, 2014, 07:51 AM
Be nice guys.