PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Finally considering alternatives...

XTREEMMAK
Jul 20, 2014, 08:25 PM
Welp I still can't get on since this Ddos thing happened. I'm on the east coast, Florida, Comcast user (Bright House I believe it was mentioned). From what I gathered, SEGA already took care of the issue in Japan which leaves any of us who CAN get in the lucky bunch.

So I'm sort of considering alternatives like VPN or the AWS solution mentioned, but I'd rather not go Amazon. So the closest alternative is a private VPN. I ran into www.privateinternetaccess.com but are there any other VPN's that are recommended?

Ban has been a frequent topic in regards to using them, but from what I understand, this comes from:

Drastic IP Changes
Email Changes
Public (free) VPN usage

I haven't found much info yet on if a shared or static IP from a VPN actually maters significantly.

Thoughts?

LordKaiser
Jul 20, 2014, 08:29 PM
Here's everything you need to know, dunno if you saw the thread already:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220812

I'm also searching for a free VPN that i can use for a long time if it exists.

HIT0SHI
Jul 20, 2014, 08:31 PM
Yes, as long as you don't do any of these steps you mentioned, you should be fine:

> Drastic IP Changes
> Email Changes
> Public (free) VPN usage

And yep, one of the good private VPNs is https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/.

Though you could also look at these from their website:
http://lifehacker.com/5935863/five-best-vpn-service-providers

AkumaYouji
Jul 20, 2014, 09:05 PM
Yes, as long as you don't do any of these steps you mentioned, you should be fine:

> Drastic IP Changes
> Email Changes
> Public (free) VPN usage

And yep, one of the good private VPNs is https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/.

Though you could also look at these from their website:
http://lifehacker.com/5935863/five-best-vpn-service-providers

what do you mean by drastic IP changes? as in location of IP or constantly changing the IP you access teh accounts with (i.e logging in with like a different IP a day)

Shinamori
Jul 20, 2014, 09:19 PM
Free and cheap VPNs often asign you dyanmic IPs.

HIT0SHI
Jul 20, 2014, 09:40 PM
what do you mean by drastic IP changes? as in location of IP or constantly changing the IP you access teh accounts with (i.e logging in with like a different IP a day)

Essentially, logging in with different IPs all the time or most of the time.

qoxolg
Jul 20, 2014, 11:39 PM
I keep seeing people complain about changing/dynamic IP's, but that never has been a problem to begin with. My regular cable connection has a dynamic IP that changes every couple of days and SEGA never banned me. The only problem of having this dynamic IP, is that running a server from home, like a NAS, requires a DDNS.

The real problem is changing your MAC address to often, which some crappy VPNs seem to do. I've been trying Pingzapper with a second account, and it seems to work with no problems.

HIT0SHI
Jul 21, 2014, 12:45 AM
Well that's good news then. Thanks for the tip!

.Jack
Jul 21, 2014, 12:55 AM
Welp I still can't get on since this Ddos thing happened. I'm on the east coast, Florida, Comcast user (Bright House I believe it was mentioned). From what I gathered, SEGA already took care of the issue in Japan which leaves any of us who CAN get in the lucky bunch.

So I'm sort of considering alternatives like VPN or the AWS solution mentioned, but I'd rather not go Amazon. So the closest alternative is a private VPN. I ran into www.privateinternetaccess.com but are there any other VPN's that are recommended?

Pretty much any paid VPN will be fine as long as they can give you your own IP. It'll change once and you should be fine from there on just make sure you know your email/pass for the confirmation code.

Agitated_AT
Jul 21, 2014, 04:17 AM
Monster hunter 3U now for the wii u since its the only version with online

Monster hunter 4U comes out early next year for 3ds which will have online as well.

If you never played a single game in the franchise its gonna require your patience to learn the structure. I always describe it as animal crossing and monster hunting in one game. You do a lot of looking for specific loot in the beginning. Later one you will have plenty of anything so focus will be on killing monsters, which are by the way amazingly animated and act unexpectedly every single time. The challenge is great so working together isnt more satisfying in any other game imho. These beasts are ruthless. PSO2 bosses got nothing on them. Taking a distance to drink a potion doesnt make you safe. Even if you havent done any damage, the thing will chase you. I actually think monsters consciously go after the one who's trying to get away. It just adds to the tention.

Zipzo
Jul 21, 2014, 06:21 AM
Monster hunter 3U now for the wii u since its the only version with online

Monster hunter 4U comes out early next year for 3ds which will have online as well.

If you never played a single game in the franchise its gonna require your patience to learn the structure. I always describe it as animal crossing and monster hunting in one game. You do a lot of looking for specific loot in the beginning. Later one you will have plenty of anything so focus will be on killing monsters, which are by the way amazingly animated and act unexpectedly every single time. The challenge is great so working together isnt more satisfying in any other game imho. These beasts are ruthless. PSO2 bosses got nothing on them. Taking a distance to drink a potion doesnt make you safe. Even if you havent done any damage, the thing will chase you. I actually think monsters consciously go after the one who's trying to be safe for a minute. It just adds to the tention.

PM me your nintendo ID, I'd like to get hooked up with some peeps on MH3U on Wii U sometime for some giggles.

Also I don't think OP meant alternative games.

UnLucky
Jul 21, 2014, 06:44 AM
Wrong thread? Didn't read?

Agitated_AT
Jul 21, 2014, 08:11 AM
Lmfao yeah I screwed up. Ima send you a pm right now Zipzo

It is still a better alternative at least :P

Soonnami
Jul 21, 2014, 09:47 AM
I am also looking at other alternatives, and I came across a program called SoftEther VPN (it was in another thread on here). What are your guys thoughts?