PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 server connection timed out

TheDoom
Jul 21, 2014, 08:47 AM
When ever my friend tries to login, it hovers over "authenticating id" and after like 30 seconds of waiting it says "server connection timed out"

I have no clue why it does this, but he had this problem before and I'm not sure what happened but it fixed itself or he did something and we played for about four days and its happening again.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? He also tried using a VPN to connect and that still doesn't work.

ReverseSeraf
Jul 21, 2014, 08:57 AM
It's probably on his end, or it's that you guys are trying to log in when everyone's trying to log in for Tower De... I mean, A.I.S.

blackoctober
Jul 21, 2014, 10:42 AM
When ever my friend tries to login, it hovers over "authenticating id" and after like 30 seconds of waiting it says "server connection timed out"

I have no clue why it does this, but he had this problem before and I'm not sure what happened but it fixed itself or he did something and we played for about four days and its happening again.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? He also tried using a VPN to connect and that still doesn't work.

been having this same problem for 4 days now with no luck on what causing the problem or how to fix it.

TheDoom
Jul 21, 2014, 02:17 PM
It's probably on his end, or it's that you guys are trying to log in when everyone's trying to log in for Tower De... I mean, A.I.S.

do you have any idea what could be causing this on his end? because i can login just fine

ReverseSeraf
Jul 21, 2014, 03:41 PM
do you have any idea what could be causing this on his end? because i can login just fine

Well.. bad internet would be a good start.

I don't know anything about his network situation, so can't really help you there.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 21, 2014, 07:49 PM
you should run a speed test to tokyos server and see how good your ping is

TheDoom
Jul 22, 2014, 01:02 AM
Well.. bad internet would be a good start.

I don't know anything about his network situation, so can't really help you there.

The thing is that PSO2 is the only thing that's not working, his internet is fine and our ping is low since we live in Korea, and we have a pretty good connection to Japan.

do you thing anything else can be causing this?

TheDoom
Jul 22, 2014, 01:03 AM
you should run a speed test to tokyos server and see how good your ping is

do you have a recommendation for a site, or program to use?

Sizustar
Jul 22, 2014, 01:13 AM
do you have a recommendation for a site, or program to use?

http://www.speedtest.net/

TheDoom
Jul 22, 2014, 01:41 AM
ping: 41
download: 33.29
upload: 15.89

Alam
Jul 22, 2014, 01:50 AM
I had this issue with my PPTP vpn setup on my router, I had to lower the MTU of the 210.189.208.0/23 route from 1500 to 1456 to get my Vita to pass the SEGA ID auth screen.To start, try starting at 1400?

TheDoom
Jul 22, 2014, 06:51 AM
I had this issue with my PPTP vpn setup on my router, I had to lower the MTU of the 210.189.208.0/23 route from 1500 to 1456 to get my Vita to pass the SEGA ID auth screen.To start, try starting at 1400?

unfortunately his router is in Korean and we cant understand how to do that X_X

Alam
Jul 22, 2014, 07:58 AM
Well, if he does not have control of the router, he shold have control of his own system and lower the MTU of his Ethernet/Wifi connection via netsh. http://www.richard-slater.co.uk/archives/2009/10/23/change-your-mtu-under-vista-windows-7-or-windows-8/

TheDoom
Jul 23, 2014, 03:12 AM
Well, if he does not have control of the router, he shold have control of his own system and lower the MTU of his Ethernet/Wifi connection via netsh. http://www.richard-slater.co.uk/archives/2009/10/23/change-your-mtu-under-vista-windows-7-or-windows-8/

no that didn't work, still says "server connection timed out"

blackoctober
Jul 23, 2014, 04:36 PM
no that didn't work, still says "server connection timed out"

What window is he on I fix my by restoring my window that's means reinstalling your window and updating all your video card and motherboard so on...

TheDoom
Jul 23, 2014, 11:02 PM
What window is he on I fix my by restoring my window that's means reinstalling your window and updating all your video card and motherboard so on...

he's on windows 7