PDA

View Full Version : Interesting image - fake?

Maenara
Jul 22, 2014, 10:13 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/ranbutapso/imgs/7/8/78eb50d9.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Found this randomly, no idea if it's real or not, nor do I know what it says. Discuss.

Poyonche
Jul 22, 2014, 10:25 AM
Well we see 54686168 towers, then just 3 on the map :/

Vintasticvin
Jul 22, 2014, 10:29 AM
Aw hell no nip nope nope nope we cant even last three rounds

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 22, 2014, 10:32 AM
I could actually see this happening. Each wave takes 3-4 minutes so 50 waves sound weird until you remember this is already in the game. How? Exstreme quests.

I'm curious what magazine that is. That would likely reveal a bit more about this.

Para
Jul 22, 2014, 10:33 AM
it is even more interesting that Elder is in there. Imagine if you had to defend towers from Elder and Loser. Rest in pepperonis

Phantom Rain
Jul 22, 2014, 10:36 AM
i'm gonna say its fake due to the fact the colors of the towers are used on multiple towers. so far sega has given each tower its own color. also as pointed out above there's only 3 towers on the map

Gama
Jul 22, 2014, 10:42 AM
well if its fake its well done, the picture does nto help but i dont see any signs of image manipulation, maybe sega devs trolling with modified areas?

final_attack
Jul 22, 2014, 10:47 AM
Well, a true test of strength indeed if it does happens. I think I saw 12 towers?

1 person for each tower ..... let's see which one broke 1st :wacko:

Or maybe Sega got a surprise .... Survival Mode? :wacko:

Sacrificial
Jul 22, 2014, 10:51 AM
well.... it should be fake since DF elder is 1/4th of naberius.....

Gama
Jul 22, 2014, 10:53 AM
Well, a true test of strength indeed if it does happens. I think I saw 12 towers?

1 person for each tower ..... let's see which one broke 1st :wacko:

Or maybe Sega got a surprise .... Survival Mode? :wacko:

More like... Fuck you mode.

Phantom Rain
Jul 22, 2014, 10:55 AM
i don't see any defense pads on the tower image either

Kondibon
Jul 22, 2014, 10:56 AM
It's fake, this has been posted before. I believe it was an april fools joke or something. I don't remember. Either way, I'm pretty sure it's not happening.

Amusingly if you look at it a lot of the stuff DID happen in TD3, just not the way it did in those "screenshots". There are (infected) aircraft, more waves than normal, and elder shows up (as falz hands and Hunar).

Dark Matter
Jul 22, 2014, 11:09 AM
Wave 50...12 Towers....Elder

http://i.imgur.com/UP7rS63.gif

There would have been an announcement of something like this.

Man, the April fools pranks are getting more and more out there.
The fact someone photoshoped all of that is pure determination.

This is right beside last year's prank when they were adding pvp.:lol:

Maenara
Jul 22, 2014, 12:21 PM
Maybe it's just a test map on a test server and these are just screenshots, who knows? Someone ought to translate the text up there.

obsexed
Jul 22, 2014, 12:23 PM
i dig this
http://i.imgur.com/U1IOtiK.gif

Amberpelt
Jul 22, 2014, 01:03 PM
[spoiler-box]
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/ranbutapso/imgs/7/8/78eb50d9.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Found this randomly, no idea if it's real or not, nor do I know what it says. Discuss.

the endless defense thing? isnt that scheduled for later patch?

Aussei
Jul 22, 2014, 01:06 PM
EHEHEHEHE KICCHATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~<3

Daiyousei
Jul 22, 2014, 01:23 PM
Looking at the staples, it's made quite the centerfold.

Maenara
Jul 22, 2014, 02:02 PM
Sakai specifically mentioned a 'survival mode', but no information beyond the name. This could be it.

Asdfv
Jul 22, 2014, 02:06 PM
It seems possibly genuine, but it's quite obviously a joke of sorts.

No, not a Mining Base Defense like this!!

A Mining Base Defense that could have been:
Here is a portion (?) of a delusion that couldn't come to fruition due to grown-up troubles.

Deenar is an oblivious airhead
-Come to think of it, he was flying a helicopter... When is Deenar going to back us up?

They're going overboard on the mining
-An overwhelming number of bases that the Darkers will have no choice but to give up on. They could be defended even without the Arks.

The Darkers are trying too hard
-The playtime to reach WAVE 50 is presumed to be around 2 hours. Motivation would be on the verge of sinking before then.

The Darkers are trying too hard even more
-Teehee, I came over ♥

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jul 22, 2014, 02:39 PM
this is obviously fake but if it was real i would enjoy myself so much
not only would i have something to actually do id have the enjoyment of reading all your rage

Fatalystic
Jul 22, 2014, 11:41 PM
I don't think it's fake. It's a "this is something we would've liked to do but had to scrap in the end" kind of thing.

obsexed
Jul 22, 2014, 11:46 PM
the image looks too realistic to be photoshopped though(maybe someone photoshop then printed the page?) but still, this would make a badass EQ

Achelousaurus
Jul 23, 2014, 04:56 AM
12 towers and like 12 rounds would be feasible.
50 * 3.5 minutes = 175 minutes.
Who the hell has time for an EQ takes as long to beat for a single run as the interval between EQs is?

Elder or Luther as boss simply won't work because of scale / positioning, they'd need a lot of change.
Not to mention that their attacks are too big / sweeping so it wouldn't be possible to draw the aggro away from towers.
Not to mention they would require everyone to kill them before they destroyed all towers at once, no one left to deal with mobs or mini bosses.

Apos Dorios however...

btw-Niji
Jul 23, 2014, 06:17 AM
I can confirm this is real.

isCasted
Jul 23, 2014, 07:51 AM
This is TD3, just in a hyperbolized form. More waves than usual, presense of DF himself, aircrafts and... well... you have to protect more towers at the same time (in TD1 it's stable 3, in TD2 you concentrate on walls more than towers).

Aine
Jul 23, 2014, 08:09 AM
It's not fake, but it's not an actual TD. Just a 'what if' joke.