PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz: Who is what?

Zanverse
Jul 23, 2014, 05:31 PM
So, I was thinking about it, and...

Dark Falz [Elder] - Aquatic Darkers
Dark Falz [Apprentice] - Insect Darkers
Dark Falz [Loser] - Bird Darkers
Dark Falz [Persona] - Mech Darkers (?)
Dark Falz [Double] - ARKS Clones (?)

We still barely know about [Persona], but I'm just guessing that maybe he's gonna end up with his own type of Darkers. Perhaps Mechs similar to the ones on Lilipa? And I'm guessing that [Double] is behind the ARKS cloning thing. Either Episode 3 will have [Double] as the new Dark Falz boss, or [Persona]. Or maybe even a new Dark Falz. I still hope that we'll eventually get a dragon-kin Dark Falz. (I've even made up a name for it. How does Dark Falz [Hydra] sound?)

Sorry, I barely started the Matter Board, so I don't know about this. I just watch videos on YouTube. I really don't mind the spoilers, the Matter Board is too time consuming.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2014, 05:34 PM
Dark Falz Double presumably rules over the creepy new "Toy" Darkers that are coming in Episode 3.

Zanverse
Jul 23, 2014, 05:36 PM
Dark Falz Double presumably rules over the creepy new "Toy" Darkers that are coming in Episode 3.

Yeah, I actually just remembered about that. Who knows. A toy Dark Falz would be interesting.

Sparzyle
Jul 23, 2014, 05:40 PM
DF Elder = Aquatic Darkers?

I think the Ancient Stone Darkers belongs to it (Wondas, Cyclonedhas, Micdas...)

Also Persona would be more related to Arks Clones

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2014, 05:43 PM
All of the "stone" Darkers are shaped and designed after aquatic animals, hence being called 'Aquatic' Darkers.

Rakurai
Jul 23, 2014, 07:22 PM
I'm hoping that Apprentice is the Falz we fight in Episode 3.

Mostly because they've been building up to it so much with the mining base defense quests and multiple parts of episode 2.

LonelyGaruga
Jul 23, 2014, 11:03 PM
So, I was thinking about it, and...

Dark Falz [Elder] - Aquatic Darkers
Dark Falz [Apprentice] - Insect Darkers
Dark Falz [Loser] - Bird Darkers
Dark Falz [Persona] - Mech Darkers (?)
Dark Falz [Double] - ARKS Clones (?)

We still barely know about [Persona], but I'm just guessing that maybe he's gonna end up with his own type of Darkers. Perhaps Mechs similar to the ones on Lilipa? And I'm guessing that [Double] is behind the ARKS cloning thing. Either Episode 3 will have [Double] as the new Dark Falz boss, or [Persona]. Or maybe even a new Dark Falz. I still hope that we'll eventually get a dragon-kin Dark Falz. (I've even made up a name for it. How does Dark Falz [Hydra] sound?)

Right, some things to note.

None of the Darker variants correspond with existing enemy categories. Some do share models and animations with other enemies from different categories, but that goes for every single category in the game. While infected entities are supposed to mutate into Darkers, there are currently extremely few enemies that actually do share animations with other enemy categories, let alone resemble them. Mech and Dragonkin Darker variants aren't out of the question, but they're unlikely.

Dark Falz Elder is the name given when he's fought, while his name in conversations is listed as [巨躯], translated as [Colossus]. So it would be more accurate in this context to list him as Dark Falz [Colossus], or just [Colossus] (since Dark Falz is just for context), if you're going to use the bracket names. Similarly, Dark Falz Luther is the enemy name, [敗者], or [Loser], is the character name. These names are basically interchangeable and nobody really cares to make a distinction, so I'm making a note of it since otherwise you'd probably never learn about this.

The distinction of these names is basically their role, description, title, whichever way would be easiest to think of, and doesn't have any connection with their abilities. As an example, 巨躯, the kanji that was translated to Colossus, basically means "big frame" (frame being body, structure, etc), describing [Colossus]'s size relative to the other Dark Falz characters. It has nothing to do with Aquatic Darkers or his abilities in combat. As such, [Hydra] wouldn't work at all if selected solely for being a name "related" to dragons, and even then, it's a clear case of English fans applying English names to a Japanese game that uses Japanese names. Instead of giving an English and a Japanese name, you just gave an English one, and don't seem to have considered that a Japanese name comes first.

With that stuff aside, there's some things to add.

[Persona], as of the most recent matter board, was revealed to be the player character. At least, they had the player's face, whether they actually are the player character, or was an illusion, or a clone, is unsure. What that might mean for future developments is obviously uncertain right now because there's still a lot of questions about them, but it does narrow down the questions about Persona's identity considerably.

The episode 3 trailer showed Toy Darkers, alongside [Double], so there's a good chance that [Double] will possess command over them. This would be fitting with [Double]'s age and personality. That doesn't necessarily mean [Double] cannot produce ARKS Clones, but it can't be unique to them, because Falz Hunar has demonstrated the ability to create ARKS Clones, as he produces them before fighting the player at the end of each Abduction run. Most likely, creating ARKS Clones is an ability that all Dark Falz characters can do.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 23, 2014, 11:44 PM
did PSO1 have an Ep4?

I want to know the final boss on that since uh

Ep1 PSO Dark Falz = Ep1 PSO2 Dark Falz Elder
Ep2 PSO Olga Flow = Ep2 PSO2 Dark Falz Loser
Ep3 PSO uh twins. . . = Ep3 PSO2 also twins. . .

Drifting Fable
Jul 24, 2014, 12:02 AM
Yeah PSO ep 4 was apart of blue burst with the craters and stuff.

It had a Newman lady who transformed into a giant sandworm . . . thing. Shamberlantin.

Shadowth117
Jul 24, 2014, 12:04 AM
did PSO1 have an Ep4?

It had Blue Burst and this boss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFLU7958gRU

Daiyousei
Jul 24, 2014, 12:27 AM
did PSO1 have an Ep4?

Falz Arms theme screams cry for idola the holy
Falz Luther's theme although not as obvious has the intro of idola have the immortal feather.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 24, 2014, 12:47 AM
Falz Arms theme screams cry for idola the holy
Falz Luther's theme although not as obvious has the intro of idola have the immortal feather.I mean, they themselves resemble the bosses.

not the BGM, but I did hear the Immortal Feather part in La linno' per il. . . and causes me goosebumps every time I hear it.

also, I have my guess now, Ep4 boss is Apprentice with her Dark Falz form.

Sandworm and Desert makes sense right? I mean, we have an Antlion.

maybe Insectoid-like Sandworm?

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 24, 2014, 07:03 AM
Am I the only one who expects Double and the Toy Darkers to be weak to Ice?

Shinamori
Jul 24, 2014, 10:01 AM
Nope.

PokeminMaster
Jul 24, 2014, 10:13 AM
did PSO1 have an Ep4?

Saint Million was the boss (I think that's the name), and it was a giant serpent, which seems believable for Apprentice, considering it's a Desert and all...

Am I the only one who expects Double and the Toy Darkers to be weak to Ice?

Nope, it's the only logical choice (Darkers weak to Dark? I doubt it)

Does anyone else find it peculiar that Persona is weak only to light? Is it possible that s/he has some kind of "pure" Darkers, or maybe it's just because Persona doesn't have an "armored" form yet...

TheAstarion
Jul 24, 2014, 04:28 PM
Does anyone else find it peculiar that Persona is weak only to light? Is it possible that s/he has some kind of "pure" Darkers, or maybe it's just because Persona doesn't have an "armored" form yet...

It's possible that Persona, not Double, is the Falz of Clones. It does seem a little far fetched, though, since we've seen Double literally pull Luther in half to clone his body. What that says about his consciousness is unknown; it's entirely possible that Legias cutting him in half with the Yonohate actually killed him, and the clones are just his power and lust for destruction without his dangerously analytical intelligence. Only time will tell for all of these theories though.

I will say though, that I was kind of expecting Harukotan's darkers to be light/dark, going with the planet's yin yang theme. Guess that can be saved for the natives, then.

Unrelated, my early theory was that Darkers were native to Lilipa... or at least an insectoid race that became Darkers. Lots of Lilipan tech directly mimics Darkers (the Spardans are almost direct copies of Dagans in gameplay, but what if there was a cultural reason to replace living "citizens" with automatons?), and it would also explain where all the tech came from and why they attack Darkers now; if you think of Darkerisation as kind of a zombie plague like it was in PSU, then the mechs would be attacking the zombies to protect their healthy masters. We all know the lilipans didn't make any of it (it's also stated they're not originally from lilipa).

Kinda disappointed that new darker types tend to be retroactively added to old biomes in new quests, it felt like there was a specific order to "this area is full of golemfish darkers, they've been buried for years and are just now coming back to life" or "this area is being overrun by bug darkers", or even "this area of land is colonised by a formerly-sentient avian race of darkers". Having everything everywhere is fine for game variety and keeping players on their toes, but it does feel like they betrayed the original style ethic.

Tenlade
Jul 24, 2014, 05:33 PM
I'm hoping that Apprentice is the Falz we fight in Episode 3.

Mostly because they've been building up to it so much with the mining base defense quests and multiple parts of episode 2.

Doesn't really mean much considering it took them 2 years to even begin to reveal something about persona, and Elder just dropped off the story completely after his boss fight(despite still being very much alive). Sega's track record for finishing what they started so far includes Luther and that's about it.

Yamishi
Jul 24, 2014, 05:51 PM
Kinda disappointed that new darker types tend to be retroactively added to old biomes in new quests, it felt like there was a specific order to "this area is full of golemfish darkers, they've been buried for years and are just now coming back to life" or "this area is being overrun by bug darkers", or even "this area of land is colonised by a formerly-sentient avian race of darkers". Having everything everywhere is fine for game variety and keeping players on their toes, but it does feel like they betrayed the original style ethic.

I completely agree with this.

Maenara
Jul 24, 2014, 06:49 PM
[Persona] won't get any of his own darkers. His job involves protecting the other Falz. Literally everything we have seen him do ends up ultimately protecting or unsealing a Falz in one way or another.

Great Pan
Jul 24, 2014, 07:01 PM
Doesn't matter, they all gonna die anyway. Arks save the day!

Punisher106
Jul 24, 2014, 10:40 PM
I'd love for some sort of remix of The Shell's Desert. there has to be a Falz that mirrors that. Coem on, Apprentice.

yoshiblue
Jul 24, 2014, 10:47 PM
Doesn't matter, they all gonna die anyway. Arks save the day!

Plot Twist: Everyone goes on a great journey as a last resort.

Aquanos
Jul 24, 2014, 11:05 PM
thought persona was a girl

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 24, 2014, 11:14 PM
thought persona was a girl

According to the last MB, Persona's gender matches the gender of your character. Whether or not Persona is a Dark Falz version of you or is just disguising himself as you remains to be seen (although he has a bad habit of showing up a lot of places you go).

Truth be told, I'd love more development on Apprentice (poor Afin). She's attacked those mining bases so much, something has to come of it.

If only when you fought Persona his class matched yours. Now that'd be creepy.

Rakurai
Jul 24, 2014, 11:15 PM
Doesn't really mean much considering it took them 2 years to even begin to reveal something about persona, and Elder just dropped off the story completely after his boss fight(despite still being very much alive). Sega's track record for finishing what they started so far includes Luther and that's about it.

At least they explained that it's Elder's job to protect the Darker's Den in the second bonus chapter, so there's a reason for why he hasn't showed up much.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 24, 2014, 11:16 PM
A second bonus chapter? Did that just get added?

Rakurai
Jul 24, 2014, 11:19 PM
Referring to the one that lets you get Melphonsina's partner card.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 24, 2014, 11:32 PM
*Looks it up*

Haven't touched it yet. That's another partner card I need to get. :3

LonelyGaruga
Jul 25, 2014, 11:56 AM
It's possible that Persona, not Double, is the Falz of Clones.

Falz Hunar clones the player(s) at the end of every Abduction run. It's probably a universal ability, or at least not one unique to any one Falz.

Gardios
Jul 25, 2014, 12:31 PM
If only when you fought Persona his class matched yours. Now that'd be creepy.

Oh no, a wand Persona! May the world tremble before the might of... his short ranged wand smacks. :wacko:

...:(

Ezodagrom
Jul 25, 2014, 12:45 PM
Oh no, a wand Persona! May the world tremble before the might of... his short ranged wand smacks. :wacko:

Well, they could have pulled a [Ep2 Chapter 5 spoilers] Theodore.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cTsPlsZqh0[/spoiler-box]

Gardios
Jul 25, 2014, 12:50 PM
He's cheating, though.

I wish I could cheat.

Daiyousei
Jul 25, 2014, 01:03 PM

until you realize he has ilmegid and ilfoie in his arsenal

Sanguine2009
Jul 25, 2014, 05:41 PM
until you realize he has ilmegid and ilfoie in his arsenal

its ok, its a wand so it would only tickle

yoshiblue
Jul 25, 2014, 06:59 PM
Watch the final battle where can do 5 overends at once, cast 7 ilmegids, an infinite chain of Ilgrants, make it rain ilfoie, and teleport to his DB throws. Then goes Sephiroth mode when weak.