PDA

View Full Version : Pingzapper connection

jgomes1987
Jul 23, 2014, 06:55 PM
So I am reading if you turn off pingzapper after you click the ship before putting your password in to login you wont get disconnected? Do you turn off just the PSO settings you created on pingzapper or at the top turn off pingzapper where it lights up orange? I am noticing disconnects thats why I ask. I installed windows 7 and bootcamped my macbook pro and configured my PS4 controller. Just having issue with disconnects.

Sandmind
Jul 23, 2014, 07:49 PM
When I tried doing those, I ended up coming to the conclusion that this method wasn't for permanent login without a timer, but avoiding having to fully relog in pso2 (ID and password).

Basicly:
1. When close to 30-60min mark -> change ship/character
2. Turn off big orange button at top of pingzapper.
3. Turn it on, timer is reset to zero.
4. (I wait 20ish second) Select your ship, then character and resume playing.

Note: it's mostly to save some time/typing. Unless you also got OTP, then you're saving yourself a major headache at the same time.

EspeonageTieler
Jul 23, 2014, 07:53 PM
idk if you followed the guide or not but once u get to the login screen where you put ur anme and pass you go to the ping zapper restart the channel and then turn it off and close it and you can play for as long as you like

Ellrick
Jul 23, 2014, 08:00 PM
I did what is posted right above and I still get disconnected about every 30 minutes.

fay
Jul 24, 2014, 06:34 AM
That also happens to me. I turn restart tunnels, turn it off and I sill get kicked. It's such an inconvenience that I just don't even want to play now. I think the only way around it is to buy time for Pingzapper, which I don't plan on doing. I'm not paying for a free to play game :/

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 24, 2014, 06:44 AM
There's always AWS, which is free for the first year, then only (last time I checked) .012USD per active hour on an instance. Not a bad deal imo.

fay
Jul 24, 2014, 07:10 AM
What's AWS? I might go use that instead just now if it lasts the year with no kick offs. Is it safe? No bannings happening through this program?

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 24, 2014, 07:15 AM
What's AWS? I might go use that instead just now if it lasts the year with no kick offs. Is it safe? No bannings happening through this program?

Amazon Web Service.
Step 1: Have a credit card. (I don't.)

fay
Jul 24, 2014, 07:16 AM
Does it need to be a credit card? I have a debit card and for the most part, they're kinda the same thing.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 24, 2014, 07:28 AM
Well, I should think so... But I know nothing about how they work, so I'm not the guy you should ask about these things.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 24, 2014, 07:36 AM
It should work with a debit card. I see no reason why it wouldn't.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

here's the thread for it.

Xenokey
Jul 24, 2014, 07:51 PM
This is what I do:

*After selecting the ship you want to play on*
1. Restart the Tunnel
2. Turn off the On/Off button on the top of the program
3. Close the Pingzapper program with the "X". (I checked if its still running in the task manager somewhere and it is not)
4. Log in

No diconnect after 60+ minutes at all for me.

Terrence
Jul 24, 2014, 09:00 PM
Same here. Do NOT pay attention to moronic comments. I play 5+ hours per day without any issue. (My version of PingZapper (https://shared.com/f/jtzkau88e9))

Sandmind
Jul 24, 2014, 10:53 PM
Same here. Do NOT pay attention to moronic comments. I play 5+ hours per day without any issue. (My version of PingZapper (https://shared.com/f/jtzkau88e9))

I checked and I'm using the same version of pingzapper. I'm getting a network error at the 30min mark, using those step:

This is what I do:

1. Restart the Tunnel
3. Close the Pingzapper program with the "X". (I checked if its still running in the task manager somewhere and it is not)
4. Log in

I live in Quebec (Canada) using Bell Canada as my ISP, connect to the tokyo1 pingzapper server and I launch the game using the tweaker throught pingzapper (listing those in case one is related). This trick work well right until the trial timer would had runned out normally, I just retry'ed to make sure it wasn't my fault.

jgomes1987
Jul 24, 2014, 11:40 PM
This is what I do:

1. Restart the Tunnel
4. Log in

By restart the tunnel, do you mean quit pingzapper and open it again or turn off the pso custom game setting on the zapper or by turn on and off the zapper at the top?

fruiteaterz
Jul 25, 2014, 05:05 AM
maybe...

Xenokey
Jul 25, 2014, 06:34 AM
By restart the tunnel, do you mean quit pingzapper and open it again or turn off the pso custom game setting on the zapper or by turn on and off the zapper at the top?

You restart the Tunnel by right clicking on the profile you made for PSO2 and choosing "restart tunnel".

Just like in the video from the other Pingzapper topic. Just make sure you CLOSE the program after you did those steps so pingzapper doesn't disconnect you.

If it still disconnects you I have no idea why that is.

Sandmind
Jul 25, 2014, 11:57 AM
There was a video guide?
*look it up*
Ok, I did a few different thing compared to that video, fixing this and seeing if it was my fault for not bothering to do my research for once.

Ellrick
Jul 25, 2014, 02:35 PM
You restart the Tunnel by right clicking on the profile you made for PSO2 and choosing "restart tunnel".

Just like in the video from the other Pingzapper topic. Just make sure you CLOSE the program after you did those steps so pingzapper doesn't disconnect you.

If it still disconnects you I have no idea why that is.

I've done what the video says to do but I still get disconnects. Im even ending the process of pingzapper after I reconnect the tunnel and turn it off.

ZeekTheSweet
Jul 26, 2014, 09:57 AM
Just tested PingZapper and yeah, same issue for me as well

Start PingZapper - turn on master switch at the top right - launch tweaker from pingzapper -
start the game - select ship - before entering my info I switch back to PingZapper - restart
tunnel - turn off master switch - end task for PingZapper - enter info and wait about 30
minutes.

I still disconnect in that time limit. It's pretty annoying since I haven't even been able to do the new Tower Defense EQ yet.

CoolCast
Jul 27, 2014, 12:17 PM
Just tested PingZapper and yeah, same issue for me as well

Start PingZapper - turn on master switch at the top right - launch tweaker from pingzapper -
start the game - select ship - before entering my info I switch back to PingZapper - restart
tunnel - turn off master switch - end task for PingZapper - enter info and wait about 30
minutes.

I still disconnect in that time limit. It's pretty annoying since I haven't even been able to do the new Tower Defense EQ yet.

Same issue here, just disconnects me in 30 mins to an hour in.

KiroMatic
Jul 27, 2014, 02:57 PM
I can play forever with the pingzapper method. Are you guys sure you have yourself connecting though Tokyo and South-East Asia? I only ask since it seems that some people can connect without switching it but I find the most success out of switching it.

Edit: Also DO NOT close PingZapper. When I close it I disconnect. Leave it open and just turn it off.

Sandmind
Jul 27, 2014, 03:01 PM
I can play forever with the pingzapper method. Are you guys sure you have yourself connecting though Tokyo and South-East Asia? I only ask since it seems that some people can connect without switching it but I find the most success out of switching it.

I'm not sure what you meant here. If you meant to connect to Tokyo1, I can confirm it's the only server I tried so far.

For all we know, it could be a routing error due to physical location of the user, which nothing can be done about.

ZeekTheSweet
Jul 27, 2014, 03:13 PM
I'm assuming it's due to the type of connection I have, considering I've only tried this at the hotel I'm in right now (which uses Xfinity/comcast).

Also, I've only just recently tried the "X out of pingzapper after resetting" method and I still disconnect. Still happens if I don't close the program.

I've also tried just not resetting anything, but to no surprise, still disconnects me after the time frame.

Here's hoping that when I leave this hotel, the problem might be fixed due to a possible different ISP.

Helvetica Standard
Jul 27, 2014, 04:10 PM

Edit: Also DO NOT close PingZapper. When I close it I disconnect. Leave it open and just turn it off.

It has nothing to do with leaving it open or closing it getting the timing right or anything. restarting the tunnel and turning it off doesn't stop the traffic from being routed, so the timer still runs and disconnects after the trial time allowed is met.

Users who claim to connect infinitely are those who simply haven't exhausted their free hours. Once you burn through your free hours, you'll be treated to 30 min. sessions until you upgrade to premium.

somedude1435
Jul 27, 2014, 04:11 PM
the ones d/cing every 30min(like me) are being d/ced due to the time out of pingzapper, if you go to the site you can see that the force d/c is actually 30min even tho the program says 1hr.

https://pingzapper.com/plans

as to why some are able to stay on even after the 30mins without purchase i have no idea, wish i did lol

ZeekTheSweet
Jul 27, 2014, 06:56 PM
It has nothing to do with leaving it open or closing it getting the timing right or anything. restarting the tunnel and turning it off doesn't stop the traffic from being routed, so the timer still runs and disconnects after the trial time allowed is met.

Users who claim to connect infinitely are those who simply haven't exhausted their free hours. Once you burn through your free hours, you'll be treated to 30 min. sessions until you upgrade to premium.

That's odd, I've only recently downloaded pingzapper (at the beginning of this month to be specific) and I never have been able to connect "infinitely" as others are claiming.

ashley50
Jul 27, 2014, 08:22 PM
http://pingzapper.com/knowledge_entries/3

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 28, 2014, 02:26 AM
OK, Pingzapper DOES work. But WHY THE F**K IS THIS HAPPENING? Pretty weird eh?

untrustful
Jul 28, 2014, 02:31 AM
Maybe they got a memory limit too so they don't load the thousands of things on all those characters.

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 28, 2014, 02:44 AM
Maybe they got a memory limit too so they don't load the thousands of things on all those characters.

So besides that being the case, is it possible they increased the necessary limits required for processing power and memory to play this game now?

JeckaD
Jul 28, 2014, 11:18 AM
Pingzapper stopped working for me today, I'm using trial... and I was thinking of buying a plan... I don't know if I should buy the plan if this gonna work or not.. Also any other alternatives like Pingzapper, I dont anna set up AWS.

ZeekTheSweet
Jul 28, 2014, 11:38 PM
Also any other alternatives like Pingzapper, I dont anna set up AWS.

I think WTFast is one, but I haven't tried it myself and haven't seen anyone try it for PSO2

Walkure
Jul 29, 2014, 12:29 AM
I think WTFast is one, but I haven't tried it myself and haven't seen anyone try it for PSO2Yeah, you can connect with WTFast. Hell, since there's custom game support, you can even have it run through 3rd party launchers.