PDA

View Full Version : Light as the best element?

jeremycards
Jul 24, 2014, 02:26 PM
So, i've been wondering, but if we were to consider one element as the "best", would it be light?, i mean, unless you are making a specific set, i think its the element you should always look for in your general weakpons, mostly because of the fact that all darkers are weak to it, and its the enemy race you'll most likely find during the entire game, plus it inflicts panic sometimes. As a second i would think fire, since there's a lot of enemies weak to it too, but maybe im missing something, what you guys think?

Sizustar
Jul 24, 2014, 02:29 PM
What job are you playing as?

Fo/Te = Wind/Ice/Dark is the best element.

Taskus
Jul 24, 2014, 02:31 PM
I prefer ice/dark on fo weapons and light on most everything else. I do have an electric pair of yasminkovs though

Edson Drake
Jul 24, 2014, 02:34 PM
Light used to be king, it's still expensive because of its popularity.

Fire is pretty good, and Lightning is very underrated.

For Forces as mentioned above, Ice/Dark/Wind is solid.

Overall, you should carry a Light weapon, but always have back-up elements for maximum efficiency.

jeremycards
Jul 24, 2014, 02:40 PM
oh right, forgot to mention im talking about elements in weapons, not for magic and stuff =P, im a gunner/ranger.

Xaelouse
Jul 24, 2014, 02:44 PM
Every element is useful to FO but lightning because non-zondeel bolt techs are currently ass.
The only real useless element when it comes to non-tech weapons is wind because the only enemy purely weak to wind is Bantha Ong (a rare boss).
With that said, I personally think lightning/fire are tied best element because the beefiest enemies tend to be weak to those. Rare darkers tend to shed their light weakness too (not the recent ones tho because Sega getting more casual)

Gama
Jul 24, 2014, 02:45 PM
Fire-powerfull and pp hungry, status effect adds damage
Ice-powerfull "ilbarta duh" status effect is usefull
Lighning cheap pp tech and ilzonde adds mobility tht fo's lacked.
Wind pp cheap, powerful if combined with a ely and sazan
Light powerfull but very situational
Dark powerfull and lazy "ilmegid much?

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2014, 02:49 PM
Well, the element on your weapon has nothing to do with status ailments. Only techs have that correlation.

Light is a good choice for anything but tech weapons. Fire is also a common weakness, and what I usually tekk things as because it's the first option and I'm lazy. I'd put Lightning on a launcher, though, since Cluster bullet wrecks mechs, though a bunch of darkers also share this weakness so it's not bad for other weapon types too.

Skyly
Jul 24, 2014, 02:51 PM
Light is the best because there are darkers in pretty much every map. Plain and simple. And it's way too expensive to 4s 50% the weapon in every attribute.

Sacrificial
Jul 24, 2014, 03:26 PM
I mostly take fire element because im lazy with untecking + it as the best weakness animation.
But most ppl have an element to certain weapon types. An for specific situations. Like my partisan is 50 lightning, as AB oneshots mechs w/o weakpoint.

TheAstarion
Jul 24, 2014, 04:37 PM
Light is a double edged sword. Every enemy weak to light is a darker, and weak to something else (except Persona), and every other element is useful for more than just darkers. But you find darkers everywhere so light is always useful.

If you can afford only one weapon, go light.

If you can afford three, fire, lightning and dark will go a long way right now, but ice is catching up.

If you can afford five, get all -except- light.

If you're a Force, ignore what I've said and go with what's already been advised; dark weapon for ilmegid, ice one for ilbarta, and if you have spare money, wind one for sazan (though ilmegid will probably do the job without having to think about it)

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2014, 05:20 PM
oh right, forgot to mention im talking about elements in weapons, not for magic and stuff =P, im a gunner/ranger.

Light=Fire >(barely)Lightning>Ice=Dark>>>>>>>>>>>Wind

Something like that, light fire and lightning are all good, rest are worse. Wind is just plain bad, so bad I forgot it existed until I edited this post.

Shinamori
Jul 24, 2014, 05:20 PM
Force should have a "rainbow" of tech weapons. Or so I'm told. As for anything else...fire light, dark, and lightning.

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 24, 2014, 05:25 PM
As a melee player, all you need is Light.

Why?

Because, most of the more "difficult" mobs and bosses (like DFL, Falz Angel, Chrome, etc.) are weak to Light; plus having Light is a good choice for TD1, TD2, TD3. And like what a previous poster had noted, darker-enemies appear almost everywhere. Mobs that are not weak to Light die in like a nano-second anyway.

Quartz, Dragon Ex, Fang Banthers, etc. are not difficult since you can break a couple of parts, and they become nothing more than jokes.

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2014, 06:02 PM
Matching weakness with your weapon's element isn't even a big increase. With a 50% weapon, it basically becomes 60-65% of your weapon's stats, which could be around 100 Atk or so depending on the weapon.

I mean, if that seems worth getting a bunch of different ones to you then go for it, but it gets awfully expensive.

Sanguine2009
Jul 24, 2014, 06:10 PM
for a non force or techer weapon having a single good 50% weapon of each weapon type you use is plenty.

for FO you want a specialized rod or talis for each element you use.

melee techer(the only type of techer worth maining anymore) out right needs that rainbow set though, its the only way to make the damage you do even halfway decent due to techers poorly thought out skill tree

moorebounce
Jul 24, 2014, 06:11 PM
The OP would've been better off just making a poll as to what people considered the best overall element to have on their weapon if they had to only choose one.

I would choose Dark.

Shiyo
Jul 24, 2014, 06:20 PM
The OP would've been better off just making a poll as to what people considered the best overall element to have on their weapon if they had to only choose one.

I would choose Dark.

Why Dark?

Mattykins
Jul 24, 2014, 06:29 PM
Why Dark?

Spooky hands

Sanguine2009
Jul 24, 2014, 06:32 PM
we are talking about weapon element, not tech element

D-Inferno
Jul 24, 2014, 06:35 PM
Light is easily the best weapon element due to the abundance of darkers in the game. Only "Episode 1" Rare Darkers lack a Light weakness, and those don't always show up (Negative Destroyer will still get the boost on them anyway). Fire is decent too. Lighting/Dark/Ice are good for Mechs/Dragonkin/Oceanids. Wind is pretty useless on weapons, unless the new planet's enemies end up being weak to Wind.

Mattykins
Jul 24, 2014, 06:39 PM
we are talking about weapon element, not tech element

What is Element Conversion

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2014, 06:51 PM

Not something Gunner/Ranger has

Sanguine2009
Jul 24, 2014, 07:04 PM

even in the case of FO, you should still have an Ice or Fire weapon at the very least to supplement that. not that it matters in this case, TC is not a FO

SakoHaruo
Jul 24, 2014, 07:19 PM
Light element. Hmph, only a tryhard would use that shit.

jeremycards
Jul 24, 2014, 07:20 PM
well it seems clear than for now i should go with light weapons =P maybe in the future when im 70/70 consider something else, but im a long way from that still. Thanks for all the tips!

Cyber Meteor
Jul 24, 2014, 08:04 PM
Let me add something. You can also choose an element to counterbalance a weakness against a specific type of ennemy for a specific weapon type. In that case I would suggest to prioritize Lightning rather than Light for TMGs. Why? Because Mechs-type ennemies don't have lockable weakpoint or weakpoint at all (like Custom Guardinanne), so the damage you'll inflict will be on non-weak area, that will end up being a significant loss in terms of DPS with TMGs.

If you choose Light, you will overkill a specific type of ennemy but killing others will take more time (very noticable against Quarry mechs).