PDA

View Full Version : PC graphics problem?

RomanTepes
Jul 25, 2014, 06:42 PM
so i finisehd downloading this with my crappy inteernet after about two days, and the first time i log in, i notice that its distinctly different form the videos ive seen. but i give that to an update. then i got to make a character, and: http://i.imgur.com/1DD8BIQ.jpg

any help? im in love with the game and really wanna get going 3:

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 25, 2014, 06:43 PM
That isn't normal. D:

RomanTepes
Jul 25, 2014, 06:44 PM
i know, i have no idea what im gonna dooooooo

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jul 25, 2014, 06:57 PM
Try lowering your graphical settings.

RomanTepes
Jul 25, 2014, 06:59 PM
i made a character and started playing anyways to see if it might just be the start screen. nope, its whe whole game. http://i.imgur.com/7PkQz7h.jpg

RomanTepes
Jul 25, 2014, 07:01 PM
how do i lower my graphics? im a super noob right now, sorry

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 25, 2014, 07:02 PM
how do i lower my graphics? im a super noob right now, sorry

In the launcher, there's some options.

RomanTepes
Jul 25, 2014, 07:03 PM
im using the pso2 tweaker, i havent seen any graphics options in that

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 25, 2014, 07:04 PM
im using the pso2 tweaker, i havent seen any graphics options in that

Oh, in that case, click the orb in the top-left and click on the [PSO2 Options] button.

RomanTepes
Jul 25, 2014, 07:11 PM
nope, its not fixing anythingggg, im dying

RomanTepes
Jul 25, 2014, 07:14 PM
should i try a clean install? or is there something else i could do?

UnLucky
Jul 25, 2014, 07:29 PM
Try a file check and don't install any patches.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 25, 2014, 08:09 PM
Try a file check and don't install any patches.

This.

If that doesn't work, idk. A clean install might be your best bet (unless there's an option to repair PSO2 files in the tweaker I haven't seen).
Or you could hit your PC with a wrench, see what that does.

Edit: I see file check is probably the repair option. I derped lol.

Shinamori
Jul 25, 2014, 09:01 PM
Would be nice to know your PC specs. I'd recommend downloading something like Speccy. The make a screenshot and post it here, you can type it in.

ZER0 DX
Jul 26, 2014, 01:39 AM
Holy hell, I take it you either have a really shitty onboard GPU or your video card is having a nuclear meltdown. Seriously, post what your specs are and most importantly what your GPU is and we'll go from there, can't be much help until then.

Alternatively it could just be corrupted/missing files. You can use the tweaker to do a full file check and it should replace the problem files if there are any. I'd honestly try that first.

Gama
Jul 26, 2014, 08:06 AM
Update gfx card driver

Update direct x

Do a file check and dont use any paches

get a gpu temp monitor and be sure its not a supernova

wohdin
Jul 26, 2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah, assuming the installer you downloaded is legit (the one from arks-layer is), this is almost certainly a graphics card issue. like mentioned above, try updating your graphics drivers and directx, and if those don't work then you might just be out of luck and will have to buy a new graphics card. fortunately, you can get super cheap refurbished cards (around ~50 USD) that will run it spectacularly - it's not that graphically intensive of a game.