PDA

View Full Version : A short questionnaire for those who got 816'd

(Idola)
Jul 27, 2014, 07:29 AM
I'm surprised no one has tried to collectively do this yet.

I'm wondering if there is a commonality amongst those who have gotten the 816/ban error. So for those of you who have, please take a minute and answer these. I'm trying to figure out what exactly is causing this, and why it isn't happening to more people.

- Is your Sega ID registered under a Japanese (fake or not) address?

- If not a Japanese (fake or not) address, is it blank or something else? (Please explain if something else)

- Were you using a VPN program?

- If not, how were you connecting?

- How often, if at all, was it a different connection?

- Did you (or try to) change your e-mail address?

- Have you had a verification e-mail sent multiple times or several times in a short period of time? (This is just having the e-mail sent; see next question)

- Have you done the verification code process three times or more? (this means requesting the e-mail and submitting the code from the e-mail in-game; the whole process, not just having the e-mail sent several times)

- Country of residence?

- Who is your ISP?

These questions are not questions to attempt to establish WHY you got 816'd. Specifically to search for any commonality between players. This may eventually help us figure out why this happened and ultimately help others avoid the error.

To anyone who has been 816'd, your time is greatly appreciated and I'm sorry to know there's people unable to play a game they love, and my best wishes to it being possible to resolve eventually.

minim
Jul 27, 2014, 08:18 AM
I can't wait to see the answers. What about trying to change your email address?

zerog40
Jul 27, 2014, 08:50 AM
the game was working fine before the ddos so im pretty sure its now my isp giving me issues

(Idola)
Jul 27, 2014, 10:04 AM
Added email question, thanks for the input minim.

Zero, the 816 error is a ban message; your ISP cannot ban your Sega ID.

(Idola)
Aug 2, 2014, 08:19 AM
bump..?

Rehal
Aug 2, 2014, 08:25 AM
dead men tell no tales

lostinseganet
Aug 2, 2014, 06:00 PM
I think people are worried that sega may use their answers... to spot the gajin, and reban them.

Zipzo
Aug 2, 2014, 11:56 PM
As long as you are outside of Japan your address must have been faked regardless, I feel like that's a given. Therefore it is logical to assume that could be a reason.

UnLucky
Aug 3, 2014, 12:05 AM
Anyone gotten banned recently? I feel like it was only during the whole issue where emails weren't being sent out, but I can't confirm

Daiyousei
Aug 3, 2014, 12:16 AM
As long as you are outside of Japan your address must have been faked regardless, I feel like that's a given. Therefore it is logical to assume that could be a reason.

Unless you registered an address with Tenso way back then, then you have a real non-faked address.

(Idola)
Aug 6, 2014, 04:05 PM
Not if those people never set up their account to buy AC, then it wouldn't have one registered at all.

Also, Daiyousei has a great point, but to answer, I am yet to be banned.

Unlucky ALSO has a great point. I haven't read any of them recently. It may have been during the period after the servers went back online, but before they came out and said "all issues are fixed". This would be a pretty big sigh of relief in itself for the remaining playerbase.