PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 English United States Version?

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 10:49 AM
I played Phantasy Star Universe on the xbox 360 for years and they dropped the servers like a bad habit... This outrages me that they did that with no near future for another on console or even in the united states that i can find.....

I might just be a tad ignorant on the subject but if there is a English version for us people in the united states then please provide me with a link or date....?

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2014, 10:50 AM
Nope. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyfNHlqymP8)

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 10:51 AM
Well why the F**k not?

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2014, 10:54 AM
Because stinky round-eyes no deserve PSO2 ahawhawhawhaw

EDIT: But no really SEGA has absolutely no legit reasons out there in the public eye that details why they're taking their sweet-ass time with it.

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 11:02 AM
Well, that was a better answer once edited... I don't understand why the hell they are neglecting possible moneys. I'd gladly pay $10-15 a month for a game that is at par or better than PSU was for the 360. I spent thousands of hours on that game. I would love for them to bring the PSU servers back or just give us PSO2. It's unfair the way they have it right now...

Punisher106
Jul 27, 2014, 11:05 AM
Ohohoho, no. No fees. PSO2 JP is free to play, and it should be for the US. You'll NEVER see it out on the consoles, if it ever makes it to the US. I'm pretty sure SoA is in their office, snorting crack on their tables, shouting "WHAT THE FUCK IS A PHANTASY STAR".

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 27, 2014, 11:06 AM
Well, that was a better answer once edited... I don't understand why the hell they are neglecting possible moneys. I'd gladly pay $10-15 a month for a game that is at par or better than PSU was for the 360. I spent thousands of hours on that game. I would love for them to bring the PSU servers back or just give us PSO2. It's unfair the way they have it right now...

just play fully translated jpn version we're all playing right now... :-?

ReverseSeraf
Jul 27, 2014, 11:06 AM

Well, considering SEGA NA has been continually getting layoffs, you're probably not going to see it anytime in the near future.

Why not just play the JP version? It's pretty much 80% in English if you have the patch. The conversion rate from USD to Yen can get a bit annoying though, I'll admit that.

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 11:23 AM
Well I've tried getting the jap version and I can't get to the download for the client... I got my account registered. But haven't been able to get the download :(

Kondibon
Jul 27, 2014, 11:24 AM
just play fully translated jpn version we're all playing right now... :-?What english patch are you playing with?

Yden
Jul 27, 2014, 11:25 AM
What english patch are you playing with?

Obviously his own custom personal one he worked on.

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 11:26 AM
I'm not playing anything atm. I got through the jap registration for my account but I never got to download the game.

Kondibon
Jul 27, 2014, 11:29 AM
I'm not playing anything atm. I got through the jap registration for my account but I never got to download the game.None of that was directed at you sweety.

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 11:30 AM
Oh, I wanna play pso2 so if anyone would help me get the game downloaded I'll be your best friend <3

ReverseSeraf
Jul 27, 2014, 11:35 AM
Well I've tried getting the jap version and I can't get to the download for the client... I got my account registered. But haven't been able to get the download :(

Have you referred to the guides on bumped.org and pso-w?

Where exactly are you getting stuck?

EDIT:
Try going through this thread
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210236

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 11:37 AM
At trying to download the game client from the Japanese site. The captchas are kicking my ass..

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 11:39 AM
Okay, I'll try when I get back to my pc.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 27, 2014, 11:42 AM
What english patch are you playing with?

it's pretty thorough imo...
unless you're picky about the story/message packs, where pso2 has almost none.

(i don't play pso2 for the story :P)

ReverseSeraf
Jul 27, 2014, 11:43 AM
At trying to download the game client from the jap site. The captchas are kicking my ass..

The thread I linked you to takes you through that. It'll just take some time.

Also another note, but try to refrain from saying "jap". Although I understand that it's considerably easier to type out than typing "Japanese", it's a derogatory word for them, and since you're on their home turf... probably not the best idea.

Using "JP" instead would be a suitable substitute.

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 11:45 AM
Honestly didn't think of that. And I never paid much attention to the story on PSU lol

ArataWata
Jul 27, 2014, 11:47 AM
OP thought PSO2 was still coming to NA.

Hahaha.... Hoho, heehee.

Kondibon
Jul 27, 2014, 12:02 PM
it's pretty thorough imo...
unless you're picky about the story/message packs, where pso2 has almost none.

(i don't play pso2 for the story :P)Just don't give people the wrong idea about it.

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 12:31 PM
WOW lol the little PSO tweaker is like a badass hahaah

zerog40
Jul 27, 2014, 12:36 PM
yes it runs but wil you get into the game isthe real question :)

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 12:40 PM
I HOPE SO!!!!! haha i have an account and now i get to wait and see if i can, don't hurt my feelings any more than they already were :<

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 27, 2014, 02:26 PM
Just don't give people the wrong idea about it.

I exagurate because some people are so headstrong on playing an "official" translation of the game when it's not even damn necessary.

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 03:16 PM
I exagurate because some people are so headstrong on playing an "official" translation of the game when it's not even damn necessary.

i like you

jooozek
Jul 27, 2014, 03:50 PM
with being unable to play on japanese servers (or play through some service that will get me 816 anyway :lol:) i'd gladly welcome the NA/EU version but fuck knows if it ever will be even a thing

NightHour13
Jul 27, 2014, 03:57 PM
Because stinky round-eyes no deserve PSO2 ahawhawhawhaw

EDIT: But no really SEGA has absolutely no legit reasons out there in the public eye that details why they're taking their sweet-ass time with it.

Gufaw!!....Ahem I gotta stop reading this forum stoned. Anyway sheesh man this is a good excuse as any, I could've sworn I just watched some youtube video recently where some girl thing was talking about the english one being released once the south east asia servers were...I must have not been sober again because I didnt catch anything that would've contradicted what she said, but here I am laughing that I shared a moment with some new guy about why they havent given us our feckin game damnit. Olaf gave the best explanation tho

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 27, 2014, 03:58 PM
with being unable to play on japanese servers (or play through some service that will get me 816 anyway :lol:) i'd gladly welcome the NA/EU version but fuck knows if it ever will be even a thing

Even if it ever does become a thing, we'll probably be behind in content like the SEA version. The only way I'd switch is:
1. If the NA/US version was 1:1 content-wise with JP version
2. There was a way to transfer characters from JP to NA/US

And since pigs flying is more likely than that stuff happening, I'll stay with my translated JP version.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2014, 04:02 PM
can't really give a fuck about how far it'd be behind with not being able to play at all now; i'll take anything :lol:

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 27, 2014, 04:04 PM
Well, what services have you been trying to use to connect?

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 04:05 PM
Is 816d slang for banned? Lol

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 27, 2014, 04:11 PM
Is 816d slang for banned? Lol

Essentially. Using a public VPN is one way it can happen. Technically, using any alternate method to connect can be risky. It's more or less a temp. ban because they'd think your account was taken if there were drastic IP changes.

However, I'd recommend AWS since you get a dedicated JP IP address and is relatively safe. But if you were using a public VPN (like SoftEther), my only advice to you is to try to choose servers with low numbers of instances. That way, your IP doesn't change much and SEGA is not as suspicious.

Rylah000
Jul 27, 2014, 04:13 PM
So, AWS is? I'd like the best way to connect so I don't lose thousands of hours to come of my playtime

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 27, 2014, 04:28 PM
AWS is Amazon Web Services. Basically SSH Tunneling.

Here's the guide that has a lot more detail than I am comfortable putting in to a single post :)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220299

Aldotsk
Jul 27, 2014, 04:38 PM
2. There was a way to transfer characters from JP to NA/US

LOL 0.01% chance they'll do it.

Meta77
Jul 27, 2014, 06:06 PM
driving down the road i thought of several reasons they have not yet. The market here in america is way different then japan. Over there pso is more well known then here. Also they had a big window to open it under with noting to compete with. Here sega does not have as big a window. I can not think of a month lately where something big name was coming out both with consoles and online mmos. They could just want to wait for just a slump with no games what so ever. Also sega in america really really sucks with marketing. Remember Anarchy regins, didnt think so. I wish i could meet their marketing team and ask them why they suck so bad.

Shinamori
Jul 27, 2014, 06:09 PM
In SoA. If product ≠ Sonic = Skip it.

Aldotsk
Jul 27, 2014, 06:20 PM
In SoA. If product ≠ Sonic = Skip it.

Hatsune Miku says "That's not true"

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 27, 2014, 07:12 PM
LOL 0.01% chance they'll do it.

Hence why I said pigs would fly before that ever happens :lol:

LordShade
Jul 27, 2014, 08:00 PM
Hatsune Miku says "That's not true"

Only a recent thing has sega finally realised the immense popularity in the west Hatsune Miku has.

FluxDMC
Jul 27, 2014, 09:21 PM
It would be cool if there was a localized pso2 but that wont happen it seems xD But hey we never know what the future may hold right?

mctastee
Jul 27, 2014, 09:55 PM
Ohohoho, no. No fees. PSO2 JP is free to play, and it should be for the US. You'll NEVER see it out on the consoles, if it ever makes it to the US. I'm pretty sure SoA is in their office, snorting crack on their tables, shouting "WHAT THE FUCK IS A PHANTASY STAR".
Sick Jontron reference bro.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 29, 2014, 06:04 PM
I played Phantasy Star Universe on the xbox 360 for years and they dropped the servers like a bad habit... This outrages me that they did that with no near future for another on console or even in the united states that i can find.....

I might just be a tad ignorant on the subject but if there is a English version for us people in the united states then please provide me with a link or date....?

Because Sega never liked america to begin with. I'm not trolling, I'm completely serious, they always hated America, hence why we always got the shaft.

They don't care about us, and the only reason we get sonic games still? due to him being a definite money maker for the scumbags over in Japan.

They treat EU with even a slither of respect, America? no, why? because, "America doesn't know about our games, they won't be successful" Japan thinks it's fine to talk about what we don't and do like when they don't even spend the time to listen to us.

Honestly I'm very surprised at how they still act like all the month's past events weren't planned, I dare them to try and keep this facade up, we're not dumb.

The Walrus
Jul 29, 2014, 06:14 PM
It's funny cause Sega started in the US.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2014, 06:17 PM
Because Sega never liked america to begin with. I'm not trolling, I'm completely serious, they always hated America, hence why we always got the shaft.

They don't care about us, and the only reason we get sonic games still? due to him being a definite money maker for the scumbags over in Japan.

They treat EU with even a slither of respect, America? no, why? because, "America doesn't know about our games, they won't be successful" Japan thinks it's fine to talk about what we don't and do like when they don't even spend the time to listen to us.

Honestly I'm very surprised at how they still act like all the month's past events weren't planned, I dare them to try and keep this facade up, we're not dumb.Someone seems spiteful...

Meta77
Jul 29, 2014, 06:27 PM
I still hold some hope but it depends on sega getting off their asses

Scarlet-Star
Jul 29, 2014, 06:30 PM
Someone seems spiteful...

Oh you bet the hell I am spiteful.

For years, the things I loved about SEGA were stripped from me, one by freaking one. Why? for SEGA's retarded, and selfish reasons!

We ALWAYS got the shaft with Japanese products, and SEGA was ALWAYS on top of the offender list for me. We never got the rest of the puyo pop games despite the fact it had a american freaking fanbase. PSO NA getting the shaft, along with the fact that SEGA NA's offices were always basically being treated like dogs by the Japanese branch.

SEGA is full of horrible people who never gave one single DAMN about us. The japanese being the worst out of them all. Lots of sonic stuff wasn't brought over here, toys, merchandise, and even a few other sonic related things, we also never got more Nights stuff, or Crazy Taxi. All because they don't like us.

Sure it's under the guise of "not enough of a following" but we all know that's the biggest sack of crap to come out of their mouths since... ever. But it's not just SEGA, it's ALL THE JAPANESE COMPANIES, it's JAPANESE PHILOSOPHY AND BELIEFS (business wise for the most part) That make me want them burned down to the ground.

Will I go into it? no, I've derailed this enough with my blatant newfound hatred towards SEGA. I love PSo2, I love Sonic, and I love puyo pop, but SEGA sure as hell doesn't like me.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2014, 06:46 PM
Oh you bet the hell I am spiteful.

For years, the things I loved about SEGA were stripped from me, one by freaking one. Why? for SEGA's retarded, and selfish reasons!

We ALWAYS got the shaft with Japanese products, and SEGA was ALWAYS on top of the offender list for me. We never got the rest of the puyo pop games despite the fact it had a american freaking fanbase. PSO NA getting the shaft, along with the fact that SEGA NA's offices were always basically being treated like dogs by the Japanese branch.

SEGA is full of horrible people who never gave one single DAMN about us. The japanese being the worst out of them all. Lots of sonic stuff wasn't brought over here, toys, merchandise, and even a few other sonic related things, we also never got more Nights stuff, or Crazy Taxi. All because they don't like us.

Sure it's under the guise of "not enough of a following" but we all know that's the biggest sack of crap to come out of their mouths since... ever. But it's not just SEGA, it's ALL THE JAPANESE COMPANIES, it's JAPANESE PHILOSOPHY AND BELIEFS (business wise for the most part) That make me want them burned down to the ground.

Will I go into it? no, I've derailed this enough with my blatant newfound hatred towards SEGA. I love PSo2, I love Sonic, and I love puyo pop, but SEGA sure as hell doesn't like me.I'm going to let someone more articulate than me respond to this.

UnLucky
Jul 29, 2014, 06:59 PM
It really isn't worth it, though.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2014, 07:05 PM
It really isn't worth it, though.Waiting for a western release or responding to Scarlet-Star? Either way, yes.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 29, 2014, 07:06 PM
I'm going to let someone more articulate than me respond to this.

Don't waste your breath, or anyone else.

I am very aware of how extremely stupid my reasoning is... but I won't let it go.

It's the only way I can think of it. well, the only way I can think of it without going out and just saying: I hate Japan's business practices and reasonings behind all their decisions.

Think of it as... denial.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2014, 07:10 PM
Don't waste your breath, or anyone else.

I am very aware of how extremely stupid my reasoning is... but I won't let it go.

It's the only way I can think of it. well, the only way I can think of it without going out and just saying: I hate Japan's business practices and reasonings behind all their decisions.

Think of it as... denial.Whatever helps you deal.

WildarmsRE5
Jul 29, 2014, 08:41 PM
Japan still thinks america is all about them musclehead, beefcake, "cool" guys.

meanwhile, japan cool is all about them "andro" guys.