PDA

View Full Version : So, I just experienced the Miku concert first hand.

ArataWata
Jul 28, 2014, 08:08 AM
It was like bees and cats getting murdered grinding against my ears.

SakoHaruo
Jul 28, 2014, 08:23 AM
You guys still play with the BGM on? :wacko:

ArataWata
Jul 28, 2014, 09:11 AM
You guys still play with the BGM on? :wacko:

I had BGM on just to listen to what I was getting myself into.

Never again.

the_importer_
Jul 28, 2014, 09:35 AM
I've played and finished all the Project Diva games for PSP and PS3 and love most of the songs. I doubt this one would be as bad as you make it sound. Could it be that you simply do not like J-pop or Japanese songs in general?

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 28, 2014, 09:47 AM
the song isn't exactly bad but I had to hear it WAY too much thanks to PSP2 and PSU so even my favorite band couldn't make me enjoy this song :p

the_importer_
Jul 28, 2014, 09:56 AM
the song isn't exactly bad but I had to hear it WAY too much thanks to PSP2 and PSU so even my favorite band couldn't make me enjoy this song :p

What song was it anyway?

FerrickX
Jul 28, 2014, 09:57 AM
is it living universe? or save this world ?

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 28, 2014, 09:58 AM
What song was it anyway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fi87KHnCTU
this god dam thing

ArataWata
Jul 28, 2014, 10:00 AM
this god dam thing

All in it's butchered English glory.

the_importer_
Jul 28, 2014, 10:14 AM
this god dam thing

Oh dear God, I got this song as a Fun prize 0_o

Sorry ArataWata, I didn't know this was the song. The Vocaloid programs really suck when it comes to English vocabulary.

sesshymon
Jul 28, 2014, 10:19 AM
Thank god they didn't sing Ignite Infinity. I would've committed suicide if they did.

solid_snark
Jul 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
Haters gonna hate. And the song was written in Engrish, so it's not really the vocaloid's fault. I thought Miku's diction wasn't bad at all.

Gama
Jul 28, 2014, 10:29 AM
tbh its not that good, but its not that bad either. soso.

Sayara
Jul 28, 2014, 10:36 AM
Luka has programming to speak English. Just saying.
Plus having skipped PSP2 and PSP2i I found it not bad.

zerog40
Jul 28, 2014, 10:38 AM
I hate the fact that the characters are both talking at the same time, it just butchers the song even more, its probably good without english and the whole two people talking at the same time

Zorua
Jul 28, 2014, 10:50 AM
Haters gonna hate. And the song was written in Engrish, so it's not really the vocaloid's fault. I thought Miku's diction wasn't bad at all.

I had never actually read the lyrics until the concert happened, so I got caught off gaurd by how bad the English was.

Is it bad that I started laughing a lot when I saw "Phantasy Stars in Universe?"..

Zorafim
Jul 28, 2014, 11:21 AM
I enjoyed that, actually. The voices weren't bad, for computer generated sounds.

HeyItsTHK
Jul 28, 2014, 11:24 AM
It's what I'd expect from Vocaloids but the main problem comes from them both singing together with poor harmony so it sounds awful. Animations are good though.

Demon-
Jul 28, 2014, 11:28 AM
I played PSP2 plenty and I loved that song. But I actually liked this version. Thought it was well done.

Vocaloids do sound weird though I can so how some people can be turned off.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 28, 2014, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure if I should be glad that I'm in a position where I CAN'T see it or not. .w.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 28, 2014, 12:44 PM
It was like bees and cats getting murdered grinding against my ears.

Tbh, I really want quna back. Miku concert sucks.

Daiyousei
Jul 28, 2014, 12:47 PM
Miku has an English Voice bank now as well, released last year, and I've heard songs where she sang beautifully in English.

What ruins it is that the song sounded like it was intended to be sung in Japanese, but instead someone decided to put it through google translate and hire someone to sing it.

Which is why I prefer Save this world and World with me, because those songs definitely sounded like they were intending to be sung in English, and speaking of save this world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ass04km3va4

Though back to the concert, I love how Luka sings with such soul, while Miku is just uppity all the time.

Sayara
Jul 28, 2014, 12:50 PM
Like 80% of PS-'s vocal tracks are english though. You are Fighting was the revolutionary JP original at the time.

Zyrusticae
Jul 28, 2014, 12:55 PM
Miku has an English Voice bank now as well, released last year, and I've heard songs where she sang beautifully in English.

You could have at least posted an example.

Bonus points for actually having them sing together without sounding terrible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgoOBAydilo

Gardios
Jul 28, 2014, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-LysJT-XNw

pkemr4
Jul 28, 2014, 01:28 PM
>japanese game
>japanese concert
>English song
what?

strikerhunter
Jul 28, 2014, 01:29 PM
>japanese game
>japanese concert
>English song
what?

Correct me if I'm wrong but was there even a Japanese version of the song?

pkemr4
Jul 28, 2014, 01:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but was there even a Japanese version of the song?

even if there was. what would be the point of having it in english anyways? its a Japanese game for Japanese players

Gardios
Jul 28, 2014, 01:58 PM
Rule of cool.

PSO-Valerie :3
Jul 28, 2014, 02:00 PM
even if there was. what would be the point of having it in english anyways? its a Japanese game for Japanese players

Yet they b***h about gaijins playing their game since most of us is english, and their game is somewhat in english, while they come to ours and we're careless, the majority of us I mean. Why even have the english language incorporated in your media when you can't speak it and nag about english speakers nor can't understand the language? Pretty knuckle headed if you ask me.

Demon-
Jul 28, 2014, 04:17 PM
Japan began using the english language since the begining of the 19th century as a way of modernizing after their western example. They loan english words like most countries do because its modern and sound cool.

saraishadow
Jul 28, 2014, 04:45 PM
I like the original song, I sat through this god awful version once. Every other time, i break out the earbuds and listen to the original version and pretend they're singing that. The voices just sound way too electronic, especially compared to other vocaloid songs I've heard.

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 28, 2014, 04:46 PM
I like the original song, I sat through this god awful version once. Every other time, i break out the earbuds and listen to the original version and pretend they're singing that. The voices just sound way too electronic, especially compared to other vocaloid songs I've heard.

This.

Daiyousei
Jul 28, 2014, 05:06 PM
And besides, Sega was an American company that moved to Japan for business after the war.

HeyItsTHK
Jul 28, 2014, 05:21 PM
>japanese game
>japanese concert
>English song
what?

And what is wrong with this? There are plenty of japanese singers/bands/rappers/groups that have songs entirely in english or mostly or half english. Some have REALLY REALLY good english, even able to drop their Japanese (and specific dialect) accents, while others come out very engrishy (quick example is something like the Black Lagoon opening, the song is entirely in english). Some songs are even entirely in german. Let them do what they want.

As for Japanese players complaining about foreigners. Happens in every game. Games based out in America and Europe having south east asians and brazilians playing and players in the "intended country" complaining about foreigners.

Also a community does not represent a composer and song writer's wishes.

Maronji
Jul 28, 2014, 08:20 PM
The tuning definitely could've been better. Hell, I think my brother could've done a better job, and he's actually somewhat obscure in the Volcaloid community (because many of them seem like a bunch of preteen weeaboos, mainly).

Doesn't help that the song itself is kinda weird (with the whole "Phantasy Stars in Universe part, I never hear the "in" part, so it sounds kind of jarring).

Cyber Meteor
Jul 28, 2014, 08:47 PM
@Maronji There are others part of the song that have this "bug" though I suspect it comes from the subtitles showing more word than what is actually said, to make the sentences more "common". An example I have is when they say "made fable in sorrow" they don't say "in", it's actually "made fable sorrow" but since it's a weird english, the guys who did the subs rewrote it "properly".

Sparzyle
Jul 28, 2014, 08:50 PM
Miku should sing her previous song :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z883zojHsgw

Also keep Quna away from the stage >_<

Alenoir
Jul 29, 2014, 12:28 AM
Yet they b***h about gaijins playing their game since most of us is english, and their game is somewhat in english, while they come to ours and we're careless, the majority of us I mean. Why even have the english language incorporated in your media when you can't speak it and nag about english speakers nor can't understand the language? Pretty knuckle headed if you ask me.

Cultural difference. Japanese kept quiet while watching the concert as a mean of respect. English people, on the other hand, was chatting the fuck out of it throughout. It's small things like this, along with the generalization that all gaijin can't play for shit/have shitty equip that irks Japanese players to no end.

TaigaUC
Jul 29, 2014, 01:40 AM
I don't even really listen to the voices or lyrics.
The music itself isn't bad.

But I guess it's easy to get annoyed by stuff like the bad animation (lack of hand animation), Miku's gigantic eyes, or the awkward English lyrics.
Or bugs like Miku and Luka failing to ever appear on stage (yes, an actual bug).

Stealthcmc1974
Jul 29, 2014, 08:19 AM
If they ever do Ignite Infinty, I hope Quna will do it instead.

Achelousaurus
Jul 29, 2014, 10:27 AM
Living Universe isn't the problem, vocaloid is.
Well, sure it's a great tool and all but I find all the songs grating. Just can#t even begin to compare to real songs, it's like the difference between talking to a real person on the phone or listening to Microsoft Talk it.

Chigun
Jul 29, 2014, 12:22 PM
I was there for this song. I liked it a lot.

Music discussions are always goofy given how subjective musical taste is overall. Probably why I never make it a week on any band forums.

Gamemako
Jul 29, 2014, 12:58 PM
this god dam thing

OH GOD KILL IT KILL IT NOW

wolveslaststand
Jul 29, 2014, 01:03 PM
I liked the concert ;n;. The effects seemed all cool and everything. The voices were a bit odd, but I liked the background music. I guess it's just me then.. :c

Vintasticvin
Jul 29, 2014, 01:51 PM
If they ever do Ignite Infinty, I hope Quna will do it instead.

When Quna is on stage bad things happen afterwards.

Daiyousei
Jul 29, 2014, 02:23 PM
They should hire one of those skilled Nico douga users who do awesome tweaks in their songs to make them sound as real as possible. I've looked at VSQs shared by people that made them, they are tweaked to hell if you just have enough time on your hands. Just putting in the English word and be lazy and the song output becomes so bland.