PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 extremely laggy

Edson Drake
Jul 28, 2014, 09:38 PM
Is anyone in here having the same problem?

In the last 2 days I've been having some extreme lag in highly populated blocks. Not the usual TD lag we always had, but unnatural severe lag, where the game only updates movements every 2 seconds or even more.

I'm using AWS, but it's fine even playing other games with it(which has almost no added latency even from Tokyo), and interesting part is that it only happens when I play in MPAs with lots of non-Japanese players(Where are they anyway? To me it seems the Japanese vanished for some reason).

So I wonder if all the VPNs around are causing this, or some other maintenance going on on Sega's servers or even something else?

Weird.

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2014, 09:43 PM
I've been getting that, as well. Lots of delay lag and lobby slowdown in populated blocks (I never used to get that).

Punisher106
Jul 28, 2014, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it has been strangely laggy for me, too, and I'm using the PSO2 Proxy.

untrustful
Jul 28, 2014, 09:48 PM
I hope that's a good sign that something's getting fixed, but...wait you don't think someone is ddosing through aws and vpn and the other junk?

Remz69
Jul 28, 2014, 10:18 PM
I've been getting that and I'm connecting to the game normally

Started a week ago or so and didn't get fixed by maintenance

like, i barely get any lag in TD with up to block 25 full
but later in the day when every block other than 10 and 209 are empty, b10 and b209 are literally unplayable because of this lag but empty blocks are totally fine

PokeminMaster
Jul 28, 2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah, it's been strangely laggy for me lately, although it kinda kicks in at random points than vanishes for a while

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 28, 2014, 11:14 PM
Ship 2 is being DDoSed again! :(

DrCatco
Jul 28, 2014, 11:19 PM
I think is the bug that happened a while ago, where the game downloaded all the movies again and again. I turned off the movies and that helped a lot.

Edson Drake
Jul 28, 2014, 11:23 PM
I think is the bug that happened a while ago, where the game downloaded all the movies again and again. I turned off the movies and that helped a lot.

I did that yesterday. At first, it seemed to help, but then, everything's sluggish again.

Sanguine2009
Jul 28, 2014, 11:23 PM

it still downloads them, or at least it use to. the only thing turning them off changes is that it does not play them.

personally? im not really getting much lag. though i think i might be in the minority

UnLucky
Jul 29, 2014, 12:08 AM
Ship 2 is being DDoSed again! :(

Prepare for the game to be down until episode 3.

HiOc
Jul 29, 2014, 12:25 AM
I restarted my PC and that has seemed to fix the issue for now.

DrCatco
Jul 29, 2014, 01:02 AM
Just wondering... Are you guys having a lot of disk activity? Broken music? Eternal load screens? Because I'm having that, and it's either the game or my disk is getting the Dead Click of the Doom, and if that's the case... It was wonderful to be able to play this game! See you in a few months ^^

Gama
Jul 29, 2014, 01:27 AM
check disk health?

check disk fragmentation?

if the disk is dieing maybe a backup is due?

W i n t e r
Jul 29, 2014, 02:00 AM
Happening to me on ship 8 as well. I could heal myself and my hp would move before I saw the effects on screen.

ArataWata
Jul 29, 2014, 02:47 AM
I knew the game was more laggy but it didn't seem that bad to me, then I tried running Darker's Nest on SH yesterday and got ripped to shreds from getting delayed hits and all that fun.

Urbancowgurl777
Jul 29, 2014, 02:47 AM
I started playing again 2ish days ago and noticed some extreme lag, but I thought it was due to my trial VPN. Today there was hardly any lag. Guess it's not just me thankfully <.<

SakoHaruo
Jul 29, 2014, 07:20 AM
It's only the episode 3 hype train passing by. Give it a month.

Vintasticvin
Jul 29, 2014, 08:03 AM
Safe to say its time to back off for a bit and wait to get off the purger's radar in the mean time?

reaper527
Jul 29, 2014, 12:32 PM
i didn't have any lag issues over the weekend, but i had a shit ton of lag last night (6-8pm, est). ultimately, it got to the point that i just logged off for the night. this morning, the lag seemed to be gone during the eq.

i'm not using any kind of vpn, and other people were complaining about lag both in team chat and public chat. there definitely were some issues yesterday, it wasn't just you.

Shinamori
Jul 29, 2014, 01:09 PM
Well, guys, it's boost week. I'm assuming (during primetime) people are level there characters and find them rares.

Chigun
Jul 29, 2014, 01:31 PM
I had this today (Ship 9). People would stop, then zip ahead every second or so. Restarting the game and my Internet mostly fixed it. Still, would never have thought there were so many experiencing the same issue.

Edson Drake
Jul 29, 2014, 02:31 PM
The game's kind of empty right now, and it's still lagging a LOT.

Things I noticed(that I previously mentioned):

Played the LQ in B13 with Japanese players, no lag.
Played the LQ on B10, almost all english name players, extreme lag.
Played the LQ in B11/B12, mixed with Japanese/English players, extreme lag.

Not sure what's going on but seems related to english players. So it's either the VPNs are causing massive lag, or something else currently going on. I definitely hope it's not the VPNs, because that wouldn't be a good sign for us.

Vintasticvin
Jul 29, 2014, 02:34 PM
They arr secretly trying to kill off the remnants

Mr Champloo
Jul 29, 2014, 03:05 PM
Game should be empty. They got DDosed and don't release the game in the west. I never support sega ever agian. -__-'

Vintasticvin
Jul 29, 2014, 03:19 PM
Game should be empty. They got DDosed and don't release the game in the west. I never support sega ever agian. -__-'

Adios seeya next online Phantasy Star game.

Edson Drake
Jul 29, 2014, 03:36 PM
Game's empty because it's maint. day, not anything else.

Skyly
Jul 29, 2014, 07:59 PM
I pretty much just experienced what the OP described. Rebooted my computer logged back in and the same problem persisted. Any ideas? I also NEVER lag.. It must be something on SEGAC's end.

Punisher106
Jul 29, 2014, 10:13 PM
Let's hope this maintenance will address this issue. Also, is it safe to say that people who don't need a VPN/Proxy/whatever to log in are also experiencing this?

Fufufu
Jul 29, 2014, 10:17 PM
Let's hope this maintenance will address this issue. Also, is it safe to say that people who don't need a VPN/Proxy/whatever to log in are also experiencing this?

Yes, I am on TWC and experienced similar issues. This is most likely a server issue, and was probably happening to japanese players as well. The server obviously experienced a lot more traffic than normal this past week, so issues probably stacked up as time progressed.

Gama
Jul 29, 2014, 11:12 PM
each block is managed by a subserver, not sure if hardware or virtualized by the main server, tht would explain why some blocks lag and others dont.

W i n t e r
Jul 30, 2014, 04:08 AM
I'm still running into the super laggy problems on the blocks that are heavily populated and whatnot. I appear to run lag-free on less clustered blocks though.

Gama
Jul 31, 2014, 05:17 PM
what settings are you using on pso2?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 31, 2014, 05:26 PM
Got a whisper from PSO-HACK last night during td3...

inb4DDoS!