PDA

View Full Version : The new LQ

Maenara
Jul 30, 2014, 03:46 AM
How is it? I'd check myself but I have work. Is the new boss any fun?

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2014, 03:56 AM
Meh. It's alright. Seems like a Ruins version of the beach LQ earlier this year.

TaigaUC
Jul 30, 2014, 04:09 AM
New boss seems to hit pretty hard. His shield throw stuns as well.
Seems to have massive range. His jumping slam has AOE or something.

Haven't tried facing him in area 2, but several of him can spawn in area 1.

Bosses I've seen so far:
Orgblan
Snow Banther
Banther Elena
Biol Meduna
Knight Gear

Enemies include Altar, Seabed, Tundra, Quarry.

horseship
Jul 30, 2014, 04:38 AM
Knight Gear drops ridiculous amounts of high slot units and weapons. With Cougar NX also appearing in the LQ, I can see the prices of 4s+ fodders going way down. Soul prices (outside of Elder) are on their way up though, since we don't have as easy access to Mizers and Quartzes anymore.

Emergency Code: Joker and Present appear in this LQ, not sure about other rare e-codes.

There also seems to be a rare version of Knight Gear, which I've seen twice. Anyone know if it drops any new weapons?

Sanguine2009
Jul 30, 2014, 04:55 AM
rare knight gear has its own unique soul, dunno about any drops that the normal version does not have though

Aurorra
Jul 30, 2014, 05:27 AM
Hope no one was invested in Spirita III units before the patch.

Laxedrane
Jul 30, 2014, 05:35 AM
So basically. Everything that didn't spawn in the previous quest. Now spawns in this one. Sounds about right.

DJcooltrainer
Jul 30, 2014, 09:07 AM
It looks pretty promising, I need to try it out when I get home from work today. I'm glad they've been keeping up with LQ's to give me something to do, since most of my friends list is still MIA.

What's the new boss soul do?

GHNeko
Jul 30, 2014, 09:46 AM
Hope no one was invested in Spirita III units before the patch.

Please don't say this.

PLLLLEASSSE don't tell me what I think this means.

Vintasticvin
Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 AM
I don't give two craps my Spirita IIIs are sticking with me. I worked and spent my hard earned meseta on it so if anyone calls me a scrubby noob they can go suck it and I'm pretty psyched to run this new Lq

Sanguine2009
Jul 30, 2014, 10:56 AM
Please don't say this.

PLLLLEASSSE don't tell me what I think this means.

if you think it means they drop like candy that is exactly what it means, even 5-6s spirita III are somewhat common

Vintasticvin
Jul 30, 2014, 11:01 AM
Well looks like Vinny will be getting easy peasy upgrades (Should the Rng God be generous to me)

un1t27
Jul 30, 2014, 11:08 AM
if you think it means they drop like candy that is exactly what it means, even 5-6s spirita III are somewhat common

This is good.

GHNeko
Jul 30, 2014, 11:38 AM

http://i.imgur.com/j3EInHO.jpg?1

Sanguine2009
Jul 30, 2014, 11:51 AM
because sega likes ruining the market thats why

UnLucky
Jul 30, 2014, 11:56 AM
What's the new boss soul do?

Knight Gear Soul gives +15 all Atk/Dex and +4 PP

Vintasticvin
Jul 30, 2014, 12:04 PM
Knight Gear Soul gives +15 all Atk/Dex and +4 PP

Ohhhh YES that soul perfectly fits my style since I like mixing and matching classes together!

Yden
Jul 30, 2014, 12:06 PM
So other than the sword and shield, are there any other breakable parts to Knight Gear and any weakpoints?

Ashvanale
Jul 31, 2014, 12:08 AM
It's "okay" but i think i prefer Chaotic silence just becaus eof how many quest i can complete on hans ;_;.

Edson Drake
Jul 31, 2014, 12:44 AM
This one isn't bad either, it's just slightly more scattered order-wise.

The other was slightly more fun, as the area is newer, the bosses were cooler, but this one has a new boss and is easier than the other one, unfortunately the 150% boost all is gone.

oratank
Jul 31, 2014, 12:58 AM
that KG make sword hunter fell even more into deep despair

final_attack
Jul 31, 2014, 01:34 AM
Can't wait for next week (?) 100% boost ...... :D Wanna cap my Ra, and then, Fo ..... so I can level my full support Te freely on Ep 3 :D

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 31, 2014, 05:25 AM

...Welp, I better get used to not getting them. ;w;

Ordy
Aug 1, 2014, 06:33 AM
With these LQ drops, people have absolutely NO excuse to still run with shitty affixed units.

Just check the 5/6 and even 7 slotted units! You can buy units with KGS/Vinculum/AbilityIII/Mutation/x for 300-500k and you don't need premium, grind and extend them and you have a decent set with 60ATK, some PP/HP and a top tier defense.

Okay, elitists will still call them shitty units, but at least people using that kind of set would be more productive in EQ's and TA

Zorafim
Aug 1, 2014, 10:45 AM
With these LQ drops, people have absolutely NO excuse to still run with shitty affixed units.

Sure they do. Affixing sucks. That's enough of a reason for me.

IndigoNovember
Aug 1, 2014, 11:04 AM
Sure they do. Affixing sucks. That's enough of a reason for me.

I think you need to reread this section again:

Just check the 5/6 and even 7 slotted units! You can buy units with KGS/Vinculum/AbilityIII/Mutation/x for 300-500k and you don't need premium, grind and extend them and you have a decent set with 60ATK, some PP/HP and a top tier defense.

Kondibon
Aug 1, 2014, 11:05 AM

Okay, elitists will still call them shitty units, but at least people using that kind of set would be more productive in EQ's and TAYeah, I'm honestly glad about this. I'd rather pay a specific amount and know what I'm getting than have to rely on rng and hoping it works.

Zorafim
Aug 1, 2014, 11:49 AM
I think you need to reread this section again:

Oh. Well, I'm still not going to do it.

IndigoNovember
Aug 1, 2014, 12:15 PM
Wow, you must really hate reading Ordy's posts to not even read them entirely. /joking

Zorafim
Aug 1, 2014, 12:20 PM
Yeah, his posts are terrible.

He himself is a pretty cool guy. But his posts have this dingant smell to them.

Edson Drake
Aug 1, 2014, 12:50 PM

Okay, elitists will still call them shitty units, but at least people using that kind of set would be more productive in EQ's and TA

Outside of boost event, affixing is downright a nightmare. Even if the drops are undoubtedly good, it's not fun seeing your prized 5/6 fodders/units turn out into 3/4 useless units after a failed 90% chance.

I get that it is a gamble so that people don't walk around in all-powerful units. Oh wait, they do.
Keep the gamble, but ffs, if you're going to give us 5/6 abilities units, at least give us 10% boost event more frequently.

(also dat signature...)

Ordy
Aug 1, 2014, 01:23 PM
You do not have to deal with affixing units, that's the whole point (T_T)

I'm just saying that the units give so much stats, that you don't even have to change anything.

horseship
Aug 1, 2014, 01:50 PM
What about set bonuses though? It's possible that a crafted 2s set (blitz/fegali/tian/negro) beats using what is essentially a fodder as a unit due to the bonuses.

Although I do see your point. It's just buy and use. Better than Tagami Kazuchi units maybe?

Ordy
Aug 1, 2014, 02:10 PM
2s with 60/90 set bonus > KGS set > Tagami set

But heeeey, what did you say? 2 slotting? Duuude, that's easily 20m per affix ...Impossibru!

3slots? lolelitistlol

UnLucky
Aug 1, 2014, 02:47 PM
The lightning stuff has an adequate set bonus, which beats out the trash you'd likely find with Knight Gear (what's it like 10-20 Atk?)

KG/Abi3/Vinc/Mut is 60Atk/10HP/4PP, which you'd get with just Soul/Stat3. You really have to find stuff with crazy shit on it to make it worth it, but it wouldn't give much extra Atk.

Ordy
Aug 1, 2014, 04:47 PM
No, not really.

Tagami units have total SHIT affix and would be around 30-35 ATK if you are lucky. People that drop one with P/S/T3 will just sell it for 500k / 2.5m and buy a fucking hairstyle or some shit. So no, not even close to KGS units.
At that point, set bonus really doesn't matter. FYI, taga units set bonus is 40 ATK and 20 ATK on the KGS trash if you get a same set (which isn't that hard).

So let's check ... what's better? 60x3(+20) or 35x3(+40) ?
You "barely" come close with 45 ATK per tagami piece (not counting 60/65 ones, see above).

Is Soul/stat3 set better than KGS set? yes, that's what I said, are people going to bother affixing? NO, they won't. Even affixing 2 slots is too much asked for lots of players. People read the word "affix" and go blind and deaf for some reason.

Ah fuck this, why do I even have to explain myself, the players that really need them don't give a single fuck about what I think and wouldn't listen anyway because they are arrogant pricks (not you UnLucky).

BIG OLAF
Aug 1, 2014, 05:15 PM

Or, fuck you. :)

People can do what they want. But, if you want to pee-pee in your diaper over it, that's your business.

branflakes325
Aug 1, 2014, 05:24 PM
Tagami sets usually have 20 + 15 Atk and 2 + 5 PP per unit if your main attacking stat is r-atk or t-atk. +40 for set bonus

KGS "sets" would have 15 + 20 + 10 + 15 Atk and 4 PP per unit.

Tagami set: 145 T/R-atk + 21 PP
KGS: 200 Atk + 12 PP (if you get a matching set)

So Tagami is not necessarily inferior for ranged and teching classes. It's 9 PP for 55 Atk. Am I missing something?

Ordy
Aug 1, 2014, 06:00 PM
Technically, yes that could be acceptable. But the vast majority of crappy units users don't have that kind of set.

And I love you too, Olaf.

branflakes325
Aug 1, 2014, 07:55 PM
Since the last LQ had a relatively high Tagami spawn rate, it seems everyone has Ability 3 on each of their Tagami units. At least that's what I've noticed when I was equipment-watching in the lobby. It's a fairly decent placeholder set until you start affixing your units, in which case there are plenty of much better options.

Even though KGS made Stamina and Spirita incredibly common on 5s fodders, it really doesn't seem to change much besides that. 5 slotting units only slightly less expensive now.

UnLucky
Aug 1, 2014, 08:30 PM
Oh right, no vinc/mut on tagami droppings. Yeah there goes that. Even Cougar stuff competes, then.

Rakurai
Aug 3, 2014, 04:15 PM
I noticed that Cougar can drop decent 10* star units now, like the Calbun set.

Granted, it's not the best set available, but it still provides a chance at getting a good multi-purpose unit without having to affix.