PDA

View Full Version : Quest What class would most likely be the 'Player Hero' of EP 1-2

tlbww
Jul 30, 2014, 11:58 AM
Based on "Blue Star Memories" the player character is one of the 4 heroes that killed Dark Falz.

I was thinking of what class it most likely was.

I would rule out CASTs and Neumans based on 1) class-system (based on race) 2) Humans being the majority of the the population of the homeworld and having a huge prevalence on the PSO story 3) The other 3 were humans.

This would leave humars, ramars, ramarls, fomars, and fomarls

There were already 2 Humars if I'm not mistaken (Donoph and Zoke). Nef was a Fomar, so it seems pretty likely that the player character was a Ramar (maybe it was Bernie) to give the team balance.

I would like it to have been a female, but if I'm not mistaken, Ramarls were not originally released in the first versions of PSO (dreamcast). It's not to say they couldn't have been (Rico seems to be a Humarl, a class that doesn't exist). I doubt it was female, though IDK if it was been stated who was the SEGA canonical 4th.

I'm also not sure if the same 4 heroes killed Olga flow. I don't believe it was only basing on how Zoke and Donoph died in EP 1 quests (not to say they these quests didn't occur afterwards).

Kroniedon
Jul 31, 2014, 12:14 AM
The quest is only alluding to the fact that you can have up to 4 players in your team, not to any canonical npc hunters. That quest is nothing but an epic role playing advertisement for Ep.3.

With that being said... the "Default Hero" or player character has to be FOmar, if for no other reason than because I want it to be. :P

There is an image of the lone FOmar that seals Falz within the Pillar that was shown before FOmars were actually included in the game that I could twist and manipulate an argument out of to say that the default hero was a FOmar... but nah, I'll just stick with "It's whatever you want it to be." xD

Gunbladelad
Jul 31, 2014, 09:57 AM
There is another issue here with setting specific NPCs in as part of the "player hero" - specific to Episode 2.

Heathcliff Flowen's logs which are found among the various areas of Episode 2 - and one in particular notes that he's praying for the "saviour of the red haired girl" (aka, Red Ring Rico) to come and free him as well. Not the use of the singular definition "saviour" - this pretty much says using ingame information freely available that there was only one hunter - but we can't forget the official tag-line for the japanese adverts for the game (which is repeated on the plaque in the Temple and in the Pillar area) - "You're not the only hero."

I have to agree with Kroniedon about the image of the lone Fomar at the pliilar (holding what appears to possibly be a psycho wand) being in the game - specifically at the very ending of the Ultimate Episode 1 credits. However, I believe that it's generally assumed that it actually represents one of the characters from the original Phantasy Star online games sealing Dark Falz inside the space ship before sending it off.