PDA

View Full Version : has anyone with yahoomail got the email auth code?

pkemr4
Jul 30, 2014, 02:58 PM
has anyone? im on my laptop right now and cant access my desktop + using AT&T wifi at hotel. was wondering if i do get the auth thing will yahoomail still work?

Urbancowgurl777
Jul 30, 2014, 03:05 PM
Yes. :3=

pkemr4
Jul 30, 2014, 03:09 PM
thanks, wanted to know before i setup proxycap and putty settings.

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2014, 03:57 PM
You won't get the e-mail with AWS method.

pkemr4
Jul 30, 2014, 04:01 PM
You won't get the e-mail with AWS method.

im connecting from a diferent router and a diferent pc. also i formatted and reinstalled windows 7 on this laptop as well.

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2014, 04:32 PM
Ah. I formatted my PC before the whole DDos and I never gotten the e-mail. =/

pkemr4
Jul 30, 2014, 06:30 PM
so mac address doesnt get changed when formatting your pc?

Sizustar
Jul 30, 2014, 10:12 PM
so mac address doesnt get changed when formatting your pc?

Under normal circumstances: No. The MAC address is hardcoded in the network controller (NIC), e.g. on a Flash chip. If the computer uses a non virtual NIC (as used on virtual machines) and there are no drivers installed that change the MAC inside the operating system, the MAC stays the same.But drivers/configurations can overcome the static MAC using the OS behavior. In most cases the MAC isn't read by the OS every time it is used, its rather stored somewhere. If that "somewhere" was changed, the MAC will certainly change if the computer is formated. Same applies if the computer uses virtual NICs.If you know the MAC and it is not the same as hardcoded in the NIC, you can restore the MAC after reinstallation.

pkemr4
Jul 31, 2014, 06:34 AM
Under normal circumstances: No. The MAC address is hardcoded in the network controller (NIC), e.g. on a Flash chip. If the computer uses a non virtual NIC (as used on virtual machines) and there are no drivers installed that change the MAC inside the operating system, the MAC stays the same.But drivers/configurations can overcome the static MAC using the OS behavior. In most cases the MAC isn't read by the OS every time it is used, its rather stored somewhere. If that "somewhere" was changed, the MAC will certainly change if the computer is formated. Same applies if the computer uses virtual NICs.If you know the MAC and it is not the same as hardcoded in the NIC, you can restore the MAC after reinstallation.

is it possible to bypass the auth code if i do get it? like if i went on my main pc which doesnt get it?

eiistrir
Aug 22, 2014, 10:42 AM
Happened to me also with gmail. I think I entered a wrong password and then I tried logging in again but entered the correct and then the need for confirmation thing came up
At the time of writing, I still didnt get the auth code.