PDA

View Full Version : For those of you playing PSO2es, do you know what the hell you're doing?

the_importer_
Jul 31, 2014, 09:18 AM
I'm playing the game, doing missions and grinding chips to the best of my knowledge, but I have no clue if I'm playing right. The game seems to have some dept to it according to some guides on the net, but at the same time, it seems to be all pointless since it's basically a point & attack game.

Scale of Judgment
Jul 31, 2014, 09:37 AM
It's a supplement to the actual game.
- Grinding for FUN
- Searching for soul receptors to sell on shops for $$$
- additional leveling experience for character
- also can get 10* weapons to trade in for cubes
- Purchase AC without 3rd party fees
- Get advanced notifications for upcoming EQ. (Premium)

the_importer_
Jul 31, 2014, 09:42 AM
- Grinding for FUN

It's technically a game by itself since you don't need to play with your PSO2 account, you can just create a character from scratch in PSO2es.

Shiyo
Jul 31, 2014, 10:05 AM
- Grinding for FUN
Getting 1 hour notifications is prem ONLY?

Sizustar
Jul 31, 2014, 10:15 AM
Getting 1 hour notifications is prem ONLY?

Yes, premium gets 1 hour notice before EQ

Lyrise
Jul 31, 2014, 10:25 AM
Getting 1 hour notifications, both in game and as Push notifications on your phone is a premium feature only - and you get them even if you are logged into the main game.

Non prem, you get 15 minute alerts prior to when it happens.

Back to the original topic, the game is enjoyable, but you have to approach it a bit differently from the main PC game itself, and that's where some of the depth lies.

Your chip loadout should be adjusted to how you want to play or if you want to exploit elemental weaknesses. Things like how defense actually matters, and status effects that can seriously get you killed (Poison may do 2% to you in the PC version and you can shrug this off like nothing ever happened, but in ES? Get rid of it fast, because it's doing a whopping 10-15% per 2 seconds).

You have to take into consideration a number of things in when you do play es - it's not difficult, but until you've grinded out your chips to high levels, its not exactly a walk in the park that the PC game gets to, especially if you want the free receptor rewards coming from score bonus in the weekly event missions.

Shiyo
Jul 31, 2014, 10:29 AM
Yes, premium gets 1 hour notice before EQ

Pure scum

Sega getting scummier as time goes on, I bet by the time 13 stars are out we'll still need prem for 10 stars.

Husq
Jul 31, 2014, 10:37 AM
- Grinding for FUN

+feeding MAG on the go, unless your MAGs are already maxed out

SamayouSamurai
Jul 31, 2014, 11:07 AM
Chip Grinding/チップ強化:
You grind chip level to increase its elemental and the chip bonus such as CP, HP increase. If you grind your Target chip with the exact same fodder chip, your chip Ability LV will increase by 1 per fodder chip. Depend on rarity, max Ability LV can go up to LV5. By increasing LV in PA chip(iirc) the CP cost will decrease; For the support type chip, the chance of trigger will increase.

Chip Release/チップ解放:
Once a chip reach its max LV, you can unlock it so that you can increase its lv even more. Of course depend on its rarity there is max. The mats required to unlock are listed during the process. You can find these mats from Rappy Special Event Quest and Daily Quest. Beware that CP cost will increase when you unlock the chip to next rank.

Shinamori
Jul 31, 2014, 11:20 AM
This is how I pronounce PsoEs. Pso2Ac

Gaylar
Jul 31, 2014, 11:22 AM
also

if you get ohza or marlu chips you pretty much win the game

if you get both

haha gg

GHNeko
Jul 31, 2014, 11:26 AM
Pure scum

Sega getting scummier as time goes on, I bet by the time 13 stars are out we'll still need prem for 10 stars.

Why are you getting tizzled at a pure convenience?

There are EQ schedules all over the net.

Like this offers barely any tangible benefit over other methods of obtaining knowledge.

And it's not like free members dont get a warning. Nor does it give premium members an advantage (that at least I would even recognize as tangible).

I can understand other aspects about premium to get bothered about, but this is like a really petty thing to get bothered by.

It's as if you're making a mountain of out a molehill.

Edson Drake
Jul 31, 2014, 12:26 PM
also

if you get ohza or marlu chips you pretty much win the game

if you get both

haha gg

YES!

I started playing with my Force and was wasting a lot of coins on revivals, got her to 30 and was getting cool stuff, but felt underwhelming and weak.

Then I got into my Braver and it was much easier. Finally linking my Ranger, it felt somewhat weak, but getting free ranged attacks is awesome, then got the Ohza card, game's easy as pie now.

reaper527
Jul 31, 2014, 01:33 PM
There are EQ schedules all over the net.

yes and no. there are schedules all over the net for the SCHEDULED eq's. there are a ton of unscheduled eq's every day happening at random times.

Maenara
Jul 31, 2014, 01:41 PM
yes and no. there are schedules all over the net for the SCHEDULED eq's. there are a ton of unscheduled eq's every day happening at random times.

And there are bots that report EQs from that feature.

Sizustar
Jul 31, 2014, 01:41 PM

And there are multiple sources with people posting info on when it's occuring.

Daiyousei
Jul 31, 2014, 01:47 PM
And there are bots that report EQs from that feature.

Even if you don't follow the bot, friends who have prem and use the app can notify you.