PDA

View Full Version : Poor Framerate On LQ

Tes
Jul 31, 2014, 10:55 AM
Not entirely sre why, but since the maintanence i've been getting poor framerates in lobby and LQ. but worst of all is the shops. I've never had issues with framerate before on this game regardless of how hectic it gets. Now it's pretty rubbish.

Any ideas?

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2014, 10:59 AM
It's probably the lobby videos being downloaded. All you can do is wait.

Gama
Jul 31, 2014, 11:21 AM
i wonder if theres a way to block the videos from being downloaded... and adds. ill imagine it could grant a performance boost on low pc's.

currently doing several experiments with pso2 and windows to find the optimal settings for pso2.

already found a solution for lobby stuttering. but i'm still testing it.

i wonder if the new lobby will fix all these lobby issues, "blames poor texture optimization"

DJcooltrainer
Jul 31, 2014, 11:40 AM
I get lower framreates in the lobbies than I do in-game, I think it's because it's always loading up player models. Moving from the gate area to the shop area usually causes my FPS to drop dramatically for a few seconds, but it'll always smooth out.

Other than lowering your graphics settings or messing with your GPU's control panel, there's probably not a lot that can be done.

And as mentioned previously, every time there's new lobby videos you'll get pretty terrible performance while it's updating them.

Gama
Jul 31, 2014, 11:59 AM
I get lower framreates in the lobbies than I do in-game, I think it's because it's always loading up player models. Moving from the gate area to the shop area usually causes my FPS to drop dramatically for a few seconds, but it'll always smooth out.

Other than lowering your graphics settings or messing with your GPU's control panel, there's probably not a lot that can be done.

And as mentioned previously, every time there's new lobby videos you'll get pretty terrible performance while it's updating them.

well ive noticed tht ssd userd dont have so much stuttering issues.

sothis means its in part hdd lag.

defragging will help you a bit in general loading, also using readyboost with a fast usb drive helps the game with load times, faster cashe .

but if you already have an ssd , readyboost will not help you. since ssd is way faster.

Tes
Jul 31, 2014, 12:24 PM
I'm using an SSD though. Yes lobby framerates tend to smooth out but the LQ lag has been quite bad. Odd really as i've never had issues previously with poor framerates in other busy events.

DJcooltrainer
Jul 31, 2014, 12:56 PM
Heck I'm running 2 SSD's in RAID 0 and I still get some stuttering in lobby.

I think it my case it might be a CPU bottleneck, combined with high latency. The lobby stuttering gets a LOT better if I use a VPN.

My framerates in the LQ seem to be just fine, tho, that's pretty odd. do you have soft particles enabled?

Daiyousei
Jul 31, 2014, 01:05 PM
The times I get frame drop when playing is when Chrome hasn't been refreshed in a long while and is eating up a ton of memory.

Maybe you have some other programs that just need a restart, or just restart your computer in general.

Chdata
Jul 31, 2014, 02:51 PM
i wonder if theres a way to block the videos from being downloaded... and adds. ill imagine it could grant a performance boost on low pc's.

currently doing several experiments with pso2 and windows to find the optimal settings for pso2.

already found a solution for lobby stuttering. but i'm still testing it.

i wonder if the new lobby will fix all these lobby issues, "blames poor texture optimization"

Does the option to not view lobby videos not stop them from downloading anyway?

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2014, 02:53 PM
Does the option to not view lobby videos not stop them from downloading anyway?Nope.

btw-Niji
Jul 31, 2014, 02:58 PM
Get a better PC son.

DJcooltrainer
Jul 31, 2014, 03:07 PM
On a more serious note, does reducing your settings help at all?

SakoHaruo
Jul 31, 2014, 03:28 PM
Of course it does. However, setting your FPS limit to the min (30 FPS) doesn't help at all. It can actually makes things worst for you.

pkemr4
Jul 31, 2014, 03:32 PM
didnt sega do away with this issue because people was complaining about it?