PDA

View Full Version : What controllers work 100% with this game?

Achelousaurus
Aug 1, 2014, 03:11 AM
I have more controller related trouble, seems like nothing I try really works.

After trying 4 different controllers and nothing really working, I am starting to think part of the problem is the game.
Do real 360 controllers, when used with an adapter for PC work 100%, if so, can anyone link me to the adapter they are using?

So far I tried and found very much lacking:
1) Microsoft 360+PC wireless controller: since the triggers share the same axis, they cancel each other's input, for months I thought the game doesn't let you evade during lock-on cause of this.

2) Logitech sorta bulky PS3 style controller: same problem as above (which makes me think it might be the game's fault, but I am not sure), also shit in general >_>

3) cheap PC controller, PS2 style: works mostly but right analog stick cannot change cam vertically (this is actually the closest to playable I know about).

4) Old PS2 controller with old PC adapter: worked perfectly (aside from right analog stick click doing nothing), but onyl for a day, now mysteriously it doesn't work anymore at all, but windows still shows every input.

Can anyone recommend me a controller that works 100%
One where no button cancels another and where all sticks and stick clicks work fine?

Thanks in advance, I'm quite desperate here.

Flaoc
Aug 1, 2014, 03:15 AM
having no issues whatsoever on a ps3 controller though that requires steps to make it work on a pc

id imagine an official wired 360 controller would work just fine too

UnLucky
Aug 1, 2014, 03:22 AM
I believe switching to XInput instead of DirectInput allows the triggers to be on separate axes (or the other way around?). That, or you could use Joy2Key/Xpadder to map the triggers to something else and have the game detect that instead.

Not sure what the issue is with the camera controls, but I think I remember that not being configurable in the game at all.

As for controllers not being detected, make sure to unplug or disable anything above the one you want to use. The game may only see the top one on the list and ignores all others (several games do this).

Achelousaurus
Aug 1, 2014, 04:07 AM
Hmm.
I tried each controller separately with everything else unplugged.
Can't try the PC/360 controlelr anymore cause I returned it and got the Logitech one instead (returning that one today or tomorrow).

Totori
Aug 1, 2014, 06:10 AM
My PS3 Rockcandy controller works without fail~

Achelousaurus
Aug 1, 2014, 06:27 AM
Rockcandy?

the_importer_
Aug 1, 2014, 07:30 AM
Sounds like your problem could be solved by simply remapping lock or evade to one of the bumper buttons. On my 360 Wireless controller, L Trigger is for Evading while the R Trigger if the use the selected sub-pallet item and since I'm playing ad a Force/Techer, very practical.

Shiyo
Aug 1, 2014, 07:36 AM
xbox 360 wired controller. Plug in, play. No drivers or anything needed.

moorebounce
Aug 1, 2014, 07:41 AM
I've never had an issue with my 360 controller. You should have no problem evading while locked on to something. Evading doesn't automatically make you go the opposite direction while locked on to something. The thing is if you don't pull back you'll stay at the same distance and go either left or right like you're tethered to your target. You could run while still locked on. Running gives you more control if you're still locked on.

zegun~kun
Aug 1, 2014, 07:47 AM
get a PS4 controller and a bluetooth dongle

Qualia
Aug 1, 2014, 08:04 AM
I'm not quite sure why people prefer the 360 controller when the xb1 controller is clearly superior in almost every way.

zegun~kun
Aug 1, 2014, 08:09 AM
^im using XB1 controller now, still needs cable to operate, but pawns x360 in every way
but the two trigger buttons are still connected together

JanosA
Aug 1, 2014, 08:15 AM
My HORI horipad EX turbo works perfectly.

Achelousaurus
Aug 1, 2014, 08:30 AM
XBox 1 controller is HUMONGOUS.
My hands are not big enough to handle it.
Also, re-mapping doesn't matter. I did for convenience (had dodge and weapon action left) but this just means I cannot switch targets cause lock-on is canceled instead.
The point is that I need a working gamepad.

Anyway, can I plug a 360 controller with cable directly into the pc without needing an additional adapter?

And PS4 controller with blue tooth, is the dongle expensive?
How about the PS4 controller mapping, doesn't it have motion sensor? Does it interfer with regular controls or confuse the game or something?

Oh and what did you mean with XInput / DirectInput?

the_importer_
Aug 1, 2014, 08:56 AM
get a PS4 controller and a bluetooth dongle

Ya don't do that, I wanted to get one myself but with rubber pealing-off the analog sticks, triggers breaking and bumpers getting stuck, I passed. Apparently, SONY's not able to make a proper controller without Ken Kutaragi.

Gama
Aug 1, 2014, 09:13 AM
The logitech gamepad would work.

is it a xinput model? or a regular direct input model.

either way use the games gamepad settings to remap the gamepad properly.

also logitechs have a really nice profiler, that supports pso2 "gameguard dosent care about it"

this is my setup.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://copy.com/xH3uvJnvm34dvK7R[/SPOILER-BOX]

ArataWata
Aug 1, 2014, 09:26 AM
I've been using the 360 controller and it's worked flawlessly.

I'm not quite sure why people prefer the 360 controller when the xb1 controller is clearly superior in almost every way.

Actually planning on getting a Xbone controller as soon as I can.

Aslani
Aug 1, 2014, 09:37 AM
i've got both a wired xbox 360 controller and a wired snakebyte ps3 controller. both work flawlessly, aside from the fact that i accidentally broke the right joystick on my ps3 controller by chewing on it or something. still works, just doesn't click down as easily anymore.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 1, 2014, 10:04 AM
I use a Razer Onza Tournament Edition as my gamepad for eveything, but looking to upgrade to a Razer Sabertooth. Its a good improvement over the 360 controller and I'd still use it over the Xbone controller. :D

musicmf
Aug 1, 2014, 10:14 AM
PDP Afterglow Wired Xbox 360 controller works 100% plug and play over here.

Unfortunately, I was raised on PS1/2/3 Controllers, and I don't even own an Xbox system... so it always feels so awkward whenever I play PSO2 with the controller.
It doesn't help that I normally play Keyboard+Mouse, so I don't even get the chance to make the controller second nature to me.

That Logitech Gamepad Gama posted looks like something I'd be interested in though... *Googles*

Achelousaurus
Aug 1, 2014, 10:27 AM
lol, confused XBone with old XBox.
360 controller is my upper size limit though, I was already on PS controllers (though I do have a 360 and a lot more games for it than for my PS3).

So, has anyone got a PS3 pad working with XInput and a bluetooth dongle?
That sounds nicest to me but I'm not sure if it's good enough or has flaws.

Also, if I change modes on the Logitech controller, it just turns off the analog sticks.

the_importer_
Aug 1, 2014, 10:40 AM

Minus the fact that it doesn't work wirelessly with the 360's USB Dongle or otherwise. Not a big deal if you play at a computer desk but when playing on your TV with a Media PC, wireless helps for these sort of games since you tend to play for many hours and having a wire on your floor is a pain.

zegun~kun
Aug 1, 2014, 10:51 AM
nnaaa
looks like my Xb1 controller is plagued by the "RB button" problem
sometimes the button just doesnt work.. now i tossed that controller back to my drawer and using my old wireless x360 controller

too bad it was such a good looking and nice to use controller

Gama
Aug 1, 2014, 10:55 AM
I use a Razer Onza Tournament Edition as my gamepad for eveything, but looking to upgrade to a Razer Sabertooth. Its a good improvement over the 360 controller and I'd still use it over the Xbone controller. :D

i heard those break easy.

my controller has been with me for over 9 years

Achelousaurus
Aug 1, 2014, 10:58 AM
So, Xinput is using the program and Direct Input is using it out fo the box, nothing else?
I don't have XInput, the Logitech controller just isn't good.
The triggers are also so hard to push, my fingers hurt within seconds.

Gama
Aug 1, 2014, 11:22 AM
what model is it?

The_Brimada
Aug 1, 2014, 11:24 AM
So, has anyone got a PS3 pad working with XInput and a bluetooth dongle?
That sounds nicest to me but I'm not sure if it's good enough or has flaws.

*Raises hand*

Only problem I've had is sometimes it will randomly change to Player 2 or try to connect to my PS3 instead, but both happen rarely.

Achelousaurus
Aug 1, 2014, 11:24 AM
Need to check when I get home.
Right now the 360 controller with a cable is looking best (if I can play with it as is and don't need anything else).

Though tbh I would prefer to make my PS3 controller work (if possible wirelessly).
Though last time I tried MotionJoy it didn't support some vital parts like right analog being useless or something.

*Raises hand*

Only problem I've had is sometimes it will randomly change to Player 2 or try to connect to my PS3 instead, but both happen rarely.
Oh, nice.
What happens in these cases?
My PS3 is unplugged nowadays, so that wouldn't happen? Or would it try to find a PS3 and simply not connect to PC cause it doesn't find what it's looking for?
And what happens when it changes to Player 2, will that mess up / remove controls for player 1 in PSO2?

The_Brimada
Aug 1, 2014, 11:39 AM
Yeah it shouldn't try to connect to the ps3 if it's unplugged, and for the player 2 thing you won't be able to control your character. It doesn't happen at random while playing, it's when waking the controller back up when it happens. I normally unplug and replug the dongle and it switches back.

DrCatco
Aug 1, 2014, 11:40 AM
The logitech gamepad would work.

this is my setup.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://copy.com/xH3uvJnvm34dvK7R[/SPOILER-BOX]

What a setup... :-o

I also owns a Logitech, and the only setup I did was... remap the 9 key to show the N map and recalibrate the right stick to move horizontally and vertically, via game setup. Everything else is untouched.

Certainly, it depends of the gamer.

wohdin
Aug 1, 2014, 11:43 AM
Use the SCP wrapper (http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package) for Dualshock 3 support.

It's better than Motioninjoy, at least in terms of stability, because instead of mapping your controller like a generic gamepad, it instead essentially makes the computer think it's an official Xbox 360 controller, with all buttons mapped to the equivalents on a 360 pad (the PS button even brings up the "Xbox Controller status" thing). The only downside is that you can't use Sixaxis.

I don't know how well it works via Bluetooth, because I play wired - primarily because the PS3 controller I'm using has no battery in it lol. It does supposedly have some bluetooth support though. You'll have to figure that out.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 1, 2014, 11:49 AM
i heard those break easy.

my controller has been with me for over 9 years

Mine's still in great condition, had it for 3 years now. Maybe I just treat my gamepads well?

IndigoNovember
Aug 1, 2014, 12:09 PM
Use the SCP wrapper (http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package) for Dualshock 3 support.

It's better than Motioninjoy, at least in terms of stability, because instead of mapping your controller like a generic gamepad, it instead essentially makes the computer think it's an official Xbox 360 controller, with all buttons mapped to the equivalents on a 360 pad (the PS button even brings up the "Xbox Controller status" thing). The only downside is that you can't use Sixaxis.

I don't know how well it works via Bluetooth, because I play wired - primarily because the PS3 controller I'm using has no battery in it lol. It does supposedly have some bluetooth support though. You'll have to figure that out.

Better DS3 (http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/) allows you to use XInput if you have MotionInJoy drivers already installed (this is what you're describing where the PC thinks your PS3 controller is an XBOX 360 one). It also does everything MotionInJoy's program can do and more, so you never have to use the MotionInJoy program again after you've installed the drivers.

About Bluetooth pairing, as long as you set the Master to your Bluetooth dongle (connect your PS3 controller to your PC via USB and then set it in Bluetooth Pairing in Better DS3), you should have no issues. If you want to switch to your PS3 though, you'll have to resync your PS3 controller to the PS3 via USB cable which will change the Master to your PS3 instead of your Bluetooth dongle.

I personally have not had my PS3 controller try and connect to my PS3 unless the Master was set to the PS3.

LordKaiser
Aug 1, 2014, 12:18 PM
Either use a DS4 controller with a Direct Input Driver or a Logitech.

DS3 controllers are trash to play this game as the L2+R2 triggers are a pain to use.

landman
Aug 1, 2014, 02:29 PM
Why don't you change hold for switch? In the lock on function I mean, don't know what class are you playing, but not needing to hold a button pressed when I have a boss weak point locked on comes very handy for Force.

Rainoffire
Aug 2, 2014, 01:00 AM
I have been using my PS4 controller through my built-in BT for about 5 months now. I had no problems so far.

My control setup is similar to dark souls or PSO2 Vita.

Achelousaurus
Aug 2, 2014, 11:45 AM
ps3 controller doesnt work either, apparently everything using an axis on the triggers has them cancel each otehr out.
I will simply get another cheap PS2 knock-off controller, besides the ratehr tertiary inability to change vertical cam angle with the right stick (maybe just on my current, 5 year old broken one), it works just fine.

Oh and for some reason windows accepts PS3 R1/L1 buttons but the game pretends they do not exist.

Yden
Aug 2, 2014, 11:52 AM
ps3 controller doesnt work either, apparently everything using an axis on the triggers has them cancel each otehr out.
I will simply get another cheap PS2 knock-off controller, besides the ratehr tertiary inability to change vertical cam angle with the right stick (maybe just on my current, 5 year old broken one), it works just fine.

Oh and for some reason windows accepts PS3 R1/L1 buttons but the game pretends they do not exist.

If you want the ps3 triggers to work, you need to set the controller as dinput. You'll need ds3tool or betterds3 and not the xinput wrapper to set it to dinput.

As for me. When I want to use a controller, I use the Wii U pro controller using this to connect it.
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Wii-Pro-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW

LordKaiser
Aug 2, 2014, 11:57 AM
Never install Motioninjoy aka DSTool. It's a pain to remove and it talks home to China. Scarlet Crush drivers are better.

Yden
Aug 2, 2014, 12:19 PM
Never install Motioninjoy aka DSTool. It's a pain to remove and it talks home to China. Scarlet Crush drivers are better.

Only the program talks home. You can replace the program with betterds3tool.
http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

The problem with xinput wrapper is that it's xinput. You have no choice if you want to switch it to dinput which supports the ability to use both triggers at the same time.

Cure Shock
Aug 2, 2014, 05:21 PM
I used Motioningjoy with no issue for some times, but it started to become "weird" (not working, need to reinstall again, latest versions detected as malware, bugged homepage written in chinese etc.) so I went for BetterDS3 with a PS3 controller and it works perfectly: very easy to use, it doesn't require any installation, and it doesn't give any issue (at least for me).

Gama
Aug 6, 2014, 05:56 PM
Mine's still in great condition, had it for 3 years now. Maybe I just treat my gamepads well?

thats probbly why logitech gamepad is 9 years old. lol

Achelousaurus
Aug 17, 2014, 08:56 AM
I got a problem, windows recognizes my PS3 pad now, but Better DS3 and DS3Tool pretend it's not plugged in.
Can anyone help me?

The pad works fine on my PS3 console.

Shiyo
Aug 17, 2014, 09:10 AM
I got a problem, windows recognizes my PS3 pad now, but Better DS3 and DS3Tool pretend it's not plugged in.
Can anyone help me?

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wired-Controller/dp/B003ZSN600

Just buy it already. Zero problems with any game, plug in - > play. No drivers, no programs.

Stop using PS3 controllers and multiple programs.

Also, logitech controllers are cheap garbage. Complete shit, I've owned two(wireless and wired) and they're so cheaply made and easily break. The wireless one also required me to basically be hugging the adapter or be very close to work properly, and was more restrictive than a wired one. Never buy a logitech controller.

Gama
Aug 17, 2014, 09:12 AM
Can anyone help me?

"hit the reset button on the ps3 controller, then connect it to your pc.

Achelousaurus
Aug 17, 2014, 11:04 AM
Nope, tried that many times, no change.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 17, 2014, 11:50 AM
I have a logitech F310. Works perfectly, but I use it for dark souls. I KB&M PSO2.

IndigoNovember
Aug 17, 2014, 12:25 PM
Can anyone help me?

Try the SCP drivers then.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 17, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'm actually considering picking up a Dualshock 4 soon. Its a damn sight more ergonomic than what I currently use, and there are very good drivers out for it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 17, 2014, 01:03 PM
I've used both a Wired Microsoft Xbox 360 and Wireless Microsoft Xbox 360 (currently using) controller and had no issues with either.

Download Driver
Profit lol

Achelousaurus
Aug 19, 2014, 05:21 AM
Yeah, not working for me.
SCP service cannot start cause it cannot find "the file".
And SCP switches between recognizing and not recognizing my PS3 pad 3 times a second.

Also, 360 controller is actually pointless for me cause of my button layout, dodge & weapon action on L2 & L1, cause of trigger / bumper on 360 pad switching between the 2 is slow.

Stickboy
Aug 19, 2014, 05:36 AM
i use logitech gamepad and me bro uses xbox 360 gamepad and both worked without any problem