PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Coming Back - Translation Status?

Starchild
Aug 1, 2014, 03:56 PM
Hi all,

I was playing PSO2 using the US patches and translation patches provided here. I really really liked the game (I was a LONG time PS and PSO fan!), but the translations were not enough and I found it very frustrating to constantly have to search websites, youtube videos, etc in order to understand what was going on with story lines. Some menus translated, some not. I am sure you all know what I am talking about.

I am guess this was about 9 or 10 months ago. Is this still the case?

Today I was looking up any status on PSO2 coming to NA and came across this article from back in April http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04/01/phantasy-star-online-2-still-out-of-sight-for-north-america/

Same old news, but the quote that got me was "Why isn't Phantasy Star Online 2 released in North America yet? The game is fully translated into English…"

Is this truly the case? Is it really 100% translated? Have we figured out how to patch it here in the NA?

Any info pointing me in the right direction would be really appreciated. I really only want to play of I can read and understand everything.

I really appreciate the help. I would love to be playing!!

-Star

jackfrosty
Aug 1, 2014, 03:59 PM
some people can connect and some people can't and have to use vpn like me

ashley50
Aug 1, 2014, 04:23 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

jeremycards
Aug 1, 2014, 08:53 PM
Well now with tweaker its a lot easier to manage patches. And the game is almost 100% translated. Only minor things like npc dialogue during some missions or when you talk to them in the lobby and stuff like that is untranslated. All the important stuff is there. The story patch translates everything from the matter board and event tablets up to matter board 16. In that one some event tablets and the story mission are still being translated, but it will take you a looong time to get there.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 2, 2014, 02:55 AM
Yeah I'd say 98% of everything is translated, at least the important stuff.

Starchild
Aug 2, 2014, 09:06 AM
jeremycards/HeyItsTHK --- THANK YOU! This is the info I was looking for. You are the best.

i am going to reinstall and start up again.

Next question, is there ISP issues? It it really being blocked? I am a Fios user in NY, will I have problems?

Lostbob117
Aug 2, 2014, 09:07 AM
jeremycards/HeyItsTHK --- THANK YOU! This is the info I was looking for. You are the best.

i am going to reinstall and start up again.

Next question, is there ISP issues? It it really being blocked? I am a Fios user in NY, will I have problems?

Depends on your isp, try connecting to pso2.jp. If you cannot connect then you'll have problems.

jeremycards
Aug 2, 2014, 01:33 PM
Yeah, since the Ddos attack we had to use vpn and such to get in. After a few weeks some people like myself got lucky and stopped needing vpn, while others are still the same, and it does depend on ISP for what i seen. Its probably temporary, and its very annoying, but for now its the only way to play for some.

Starchild
Aug 2, 2014, 05:00 PM
Thanks so much guys. I have patched everything and I am up and running once again!! No ISP probe for me.

Is everyone still on ship 2? Do you guys have a guild/team to recommend?

jeremycards
Aug 3, 2014, 02:11 AM
Yeah everyone's on ship 2 still. As far as guilds go, i have no idea, i have mine but its hard to really recommend it since we are still pretty small and mostly spanish talking =P but anyone's welcome really.

Ghalion
Aug 3, 2014, 06:38 PM
Just to pipe in I don't think that quote is referring to the status of the unofficial patch, but the fact that the game is in full English in SEA.

Starchild
Aug 4, 2014, 02:12 PM
Just to pipe in I don't think that quote is referring to the status of the unofficial patch, but the fact that the game is in full English in SEA.

Yes - that WAS the way I had read it too. I didn't know if we had figured out a way to access SEGA's official translation files.

All the responses here were great though and I am up and running again.

IF the an OFFICIAL version exists somewhere… I wonder if we could get our hands on it?