PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: SEGA ID Services Maintenance Notice

Manta Oyamada
Aug 1, 2014, 09:26 PM
Date: August 5, 2014
Time: 1:00 ~ 7:00 JST

NOTE: Those who are already logged in before the maintenance started will not be affected by the maintenance.

Services that won't be running during the maintenance are as follows:

1. OTP New Registrations
2. AC Purchasing/Recharging Services
3. New SEGA ID Registration
4. Password Reset Service
5. SEGA ID Login In-game
6. SEGA ID Login to Management Page
7. SEGA ID Login to Support Services
8. Other types of services that requires SEGA ID

doomdragon83
Aug 1, 2014, 10:13 PM
Date: August 5, 2014
Time: 1:00 ~ 7:00 JST

NOTE: Those who are already logged in before the maintenance started will not be affected by the maintenance.
So August 4th at 12 noon - 6PM EDT / August 4th at 9AM - 3PM PDT (Edited because mistakes were made)

It's nice that I can be online but it won't be good if I somehow get 630'd. Also do you know if I can switch characters? I mean I'm not going back to the title screen but just changing characters and that doesn't require me to input my password again unless I back out of that screen.

GHNeko
Aug 1, 2014, 10:18 PM
Switching characters is the same as logging off and back on. You have to enter your password, pick a character, and then you're assigned a random block.

doomdragon83
Aug 1, 2014, 10:40 PM
Alright, if I get kicked off or don't log in at that time, I'll just play something else in the mean time.

Rain Walker
Aug 1, 2014, 11:50 PM
Switching characters is the same as logging off and back on. You have to enter your password, pick a character, and then you're assigned a random block.

You don't have to input anything if you are already logged on before and using switch characters option though

They always say the same thing yet i'm still able to log on during that certain maintenance, pure dumb luck i guess?

GHNeko
Aug 2, 2014, 12:30 AM
Switch characters option? When I go to the logout menu, I only get Exit Game, Title Select, and Ship select. <_<

Rain Walker
Aug 2, 2014, 12:32 AM
Switch characters option? When I go to the logout menu, I only get Exit Game, Title Select, and Ship select. <_<

Yeah that ship select one bruh :-P idk if it's right since i don't use the eng patch

GHNeko
Aug 2, 2014, 01:49 AM
Last time I tried to do that, it asked me to log right back in.

So I'm not sure what's up <_<

Perfect Chaos
Aug 2, 2014, 04:10 AM
Well, I think the point is that when you select to go back to the ship select screen, logging in doesn't require you to re-input for password to do so. So doomdragon83 is asking if doing that will be possible since you don't have to enter your password. My guess is that you still can't, since even though you don't have to enter your password, the game still goes through the process of verifying your SEGA ID and stuff to log in, which won't be working.

Helvetica Standard
Aug 3, 2014, 12:52 AM
Am I the only one who is worried about "SEGA ID maintenance" being slapped on that notice?
You know like MASS SEGA ID BANS INCOMING? :|

Renvalt
Aug 3, 2014, 05:21 AM
Am I the only one who is worried about "SEGA ID maintenance" being slapped on that notice?

This worries me too. Although it could be a case of them finishing what they started with the whole connection issues, but...

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 3, 2014, 05:58 AM

they've done this shit a million times why the fuck should anyone worry about this shit when its not going to happen?

Renvalt
Aug 3, 2014, 06:30 AM
they've done this shit a million times why the fuck should anyone worry about this shit when its not going to happen?

While I am doubtful, I think we should merely wait and see what happens. I'm not going to take either side here.

Somewhat off-topic, but what're the Japanese saying about the connectivity issues we're facing, and how're they taking the presence of those who have been able to log in despite the "DDoS protections"?

Are they okay with it? Or are they going ballistic mad over the whole issue?

I think I'm just panicking over a game whose fate in the US is all but clouded in uncertainty. But then again, this is the only game of its kind that I enjoy both playing and looking at (call me a weeb if you want - I just do not like certain things about most Vindi-looking action MMOs). So to hear that we've been told to GTFO is kinda... well, it's not exactly unexpected, but it is going to be a bit shocking.

GHNeko
Aug 3, 2014, 01:20 PM

Why must there always be someone who posts something like this?

You do realize there have been dozens and dozens of ID maintenance in the past, right?

There is no history or precedent of the ID maintenance resulting in bans.

WCW524
Aug 3, 2014, 01:50 PM
Why must there always be someone who posts something like this?

You do realize there have been dozens and dozens of ID maintenance in the past, right?

There is no history or precedent of the ID maintenance resulting in bans.

Before a month ago, there was no history or precedent of a DDoS attack. <3

The Walrus
Aug 3, 2014, 02:19 PM
If they were going to ban foreigners they would have just done it while they were taking care of the DDoS attack :/

Vintasticvin
Aug 3, 2014, 02:55 PM
OH MY GOD EFFING PANIC MODE YOU GUYS WE CAN'T EXIST WITHOUT PSO2 ITS OUR SOURCE OF LIFE MAINTENANCE DAY SUCKS HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME SEGA WHY?

http://youtu.be/rrkR-DQBO1M

Just so we're clear I'm taking a shot at those who freaks out during maintenance and goes on the verge of offing themselves.

GHNeko
Aug 3, 2014, 03:49 PM
Before a month ago, there was no history or precedent of a DDoS attack. <3

Right.

But there has only be one instance of a DDoS.

There have been dozen of maintenance periods.

You cant associate something that can easily be written off as an outlier with future maintenance.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Aug 3, 2014, 04:07 PM
people still worry about this really?

Vintasticvin
Aug 3, 2014, 04:15 PM
people still worry about this really?

Yeah, its fucking hilarious isn't?

Eman2417
Aug 3, 2014, 06:15 PM
You could y'know.. just tell them that the maintenance won't be punishing anyone, instead of flaming and complaining about it over and over again? The saltyness here is unnecessary.

GHNeko
Aug 3, 2014, 06:26 PM
There needs to be a sticky. Or an updated FAQ. It saves people who regular the hassle of explaining.

Sp-24
Aug 4, 2014, 03:28 AM
Explaining what, exactly? Any rationale behind the events following the DDoS were just guesswork with explanations of various degrees of plausibility behind it. News about Comcast blocking you from playing PSO2 plastered all over the tweaker, regardless if you even heard of that ISP, is my favorite example of this.

And yet, any time someone posts anything related to IP blocks or bans, it's met with "Hurr, you can't prove it, so I'm right". Which is fine and all, but doesn't really look like a statement competent enough to warrant a sticky. Especially after the idea that lack of a precedent for an IP block meant that it will never happen worked so well. ...Three times over two years.

Also, maintenances related to Sega IDs are not exactly very common, to my knowledge. Of course, I do remember them happening a few times. For example, when RMT was a huge issue, before China got blocked.

This worries me too. Although it could be a case of them finishing what they started with the whole connection issues, but...
If you mean that they're going to fix our connection issues at last, then it's very unlikely. The issue has been officially resolved already, and, obviously, had nothing to do with what we're experiencing in the first place. Besides, Sega IDs have no relation to your connection to servers (you can still connect if you're banned, and you can be blocked from access to servers with your ID intact), so the only thing that they may do about it is whitelist the IPs used to connect to PSO2. However, they are just as likely to just ban anyone who never logged in from something that resembles a Japanese range.

My guess is that they are going to put the same IP block on their SEGA ID servers, since, currently, I can still log in there, even though there's no entry to player's site and the game itself. Or maybe they'll enforce the rule about using multiple accounts that was added to ToS five months ago. ...Or it may just be a regular server maintenance, since, apparently, you need to go out of your way to mention that to not immediately get branded as a madman by those who never overreact to things.

Maronji
Aug 4, 2014, 03:51 AM
Or maybe they'll enforce the rule about using multiple accounts that was added to ToS five months ago.

Well, I guess it could be worse--

Wait. What? Seriously?

doomdragon83
Aug 4, 2014, 05:00 AM
looks like I was wrong about the time (me doing time zone conversions in my head isn't a good idea). The ID maintenance starts about 6 hours from now.

I'm not even going to be awake at that time so I'm good.

*reads thread*
...okay.
For those of you who are worrying over being banned or whatever, wait until it actually happens, that is if it ever does happen. Then you can worry. Unless it actually happens, relax.

Sp-24
Aug 4, 2014, 09:34 AM
Well, I guess it could be worse--

Wait. What? Seriously?
They updated the ToS in March, yeah. IIRC, most of it was just changed wording, but it did include a clause that prohibited playing using multiple accounts.

*reads thread*
...okay.
For those of you who are worrying over being banned or whatever, wait until it actually happens, that is if it ever does happen. Then you can worry. Unless it actually happens, relax.
worry
verb /ˈwʌri/
BE ANXIOUS [I]
to think about problems or unpleasant things that might happen in a way that makes you feel anxious

Sems like worrying about something that already happened is a wrong way to do it. Or do you just have something against thinking ahead?

SakoHaruo
Aug 4, 2014, 12:07 PM
If anyone is wondering; you can indeed switch between characters. As long at you don't go back to the title screen everything should be A-OK.

the_importer_
Aug 4, 2014, 12:07 PM
Wonder why they didn't just do this during the Tuesday maintenance? No big deal for me since I'm at work and the services will be back after souper, but still, seems weird to have 2 days of maintenance back to back instead of just 1 day.

isCasted
Aug 4, 2014, 12:37 PM
Wonder why they didn't just do this during the Tuesday maintenance? No big deal for me since I'm at work and the services will be back after souper, but still, seems weird to have 2 days of maintenance back to back instead of just 1 day.

Well, it's SEGA ID maintenance, so it affects all services of SEGA of Japan, not just PSO2.

Ikazhuchi
Aug 4, 2014, 12:43 PM
Hey so PSO2es won't work either? because i tried to install it and when i try to log in i get error 200, i read somewhere that it is the code error for wrong info (id/password) but i am sure of my input :/.

the_importer_
Aug 4, 2014, 12:46 PM
Well, it's SEGA ID maintenance, so it affects all services of SEGA of Japan, not just PSO2.

Oh right, I forgot SEGA did other things besides PSO. Guess it's been too long since I had fun with a SEGA game to remember :p

Sizustar
Aug 4, 2014, 12:46 PM
Hey so PSO2es won't work either? because i tried to install it and when i try to log in i get error 200, i read somewhere that it is the code error for wrong info (id/password) but i am sure of my input :/.

Read the post above yours again.

Ikazhuchi
Aug 4, 2014, 01:46 PM
Read the post above yours again.

yeah i was asking based on that post, but i wanted to make sure, maybe i should've quoted so it would've been easier to undestand

ZeekTheSweet
Aug 4, 2014, 01:52 PM
Was freaking out for a second. Didn't know about the update till now. Got a new error code (601) Thought I got banned. That's just the maintenance for the ID right?

Naji23
Aug 4, 2014, 01:53 PM
i hope so. anyway being patient is really hard, maybe im already addicted to pso 2:S

pillshatner
Aug 4, 2014, 02:16 PM
Was freaking out for a second. Didn't know about the update till now. Got a new error code (601) Thought I got banned. That's just the maintenance for the ID right?

error code 601 is translated into please ensure ur beta key is activated. im getting the same error as well i really do hope its the maint and all

Rain Walker
Aug 4, 2014, 02:21 PM
Vita doesn't get affected o3o

Shear
Aug 4, 2014, 02:36 PM
Don't worry, 601 is really just maintenance.
Had it the last one too.

Naji23
Aug 4, 2014, 02:45 PM
i think 6 hours for maintenance are very long D: way too long >.< lil bit over 2 hours 2 wait^^

ArcaneTechs
Aug 4, 2014, 03:49 PM
so i forgot the ID maintenance was today, i signed in like normal and uhh well im playing.... is that normal? i guess it doesnt end for like another hour, friend was asking me how i got on

Rain Walker
Aug 4, 2014, 03:52 PM
so i forgot the ID maintenance was today, i signed in like normal and uhh well im playing.... is that normal? i guess it doesnt end for like another hour, friend was asking me how i got on

Do you use OTP?

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2014, 03:53 PM
Well they said it might end earlier so there's that.

Touka
Aug 4, 2014, 03:54 PM
It let me on too so I guess maint is over.

doomdragon83
Aug 4, 2014, 07:21 PM
worry
verb /ˈwʌri/
BE ANXIOUS [i]
to think about problems or unpleasant things that might happen in a way that makes you feel anxious

http://i.imgur.com/6tRXkLb.png
This is more of what I was thinking when I posted.

Sems like worrying about something that already happened is a wrong way to do it. Or do you just have something against thinking ahead?
Thinking ahead would be having a VPN ready (even though it may be risky), finding another game to play or having another activity to do in case we get IP blocked. Be proactive and do what you can do rather than wait for something bad to happen. People Simply posting their worries about not being able to log back in once the ID maintenance is done won't accomplish anything nor is it thinking ahead.