PDA

View Full Version : Assistance with installing pso2 please

Rocz
Aug 2, 2014, 07:31 AM
Hi!
I'm having problems installing pso2 on my external hard drive (internal has no space left) half way thru the regular install it tells me not enough space to install but I have 455GB of space to use. On the English install from ARKs site it goes about 75% then an error pops up saying it cannot rename a file with the actions of abort try again and ignore. For about 20 some files before I stopped trying then I recently got the PSO2 Tweaker and tried installing PSO2 thru that again it gets about 50% and then it told me to post this link pastebin.com/TMSfghm1 to get some help. I don't know if it's the external hard drive or something because I have other MMOs on it that run perfectly fine. I'd truly appreciate it if someone may please help me as I really want to play this game....

My system specs
windows 7 pro
I have Intel 5000HD graphics
8g ram
Intel 5i Haswell
2GB of internal hard drive space left
And I'm installing it on a external hardrive with 455GB of space USB 3.0

Rocz
Aug 3, 2014, 07:32 AM
bump.
please help.

Gama
Aug 3, 2014, 09:15 AM
you need to clear space on your internal harddrive. pso2 needs free space for scrach disk's

also having it on a external hdd is possible but makes it slow. "loading"

the game will malfunction if you dont have enought free space on the system drive.

Rocz
Aug 3, 2014, 11:35 AM
Seems you were right. Freed up 20gigs of space and also i had my HDD as a FAT32 disk for some reason lol. changed it to NTSF and POW it installed and updated. now the issue i get is after the sega nivida and intro cutscene i get a black screen. I updated all of the Patches (to include Eng, Large, and ENG story) and all i get is just the black screen ive noticed that after i press the red X it makes a sound and after moving my mouse around the black screen i hear the option selection sound.(you know the Dink Dink Dink you hear when navigation thru menu options).

Gama
Aug 3, 2014, 11:38 AM
Remove the Story Pach, see if it works then, then redownload the pach

you might be using an outdated version that causes that issue.

or check if the client is fully updated, sometimes it apears to be but is not.

"do a file check"

Rocz
Aug 3, 2014, 02:13 PM
and the problem has now been solved thank you Gama.