PDA

View Full Version : Question about Tweaker and Proxy

Dan Maku
Aug 2, 2014, 07:16 PM
A friend told me Tweaker was updated to work with CyberKitsune's proxy. Does this mean I don't need AWS and Proxycap anymore?

Shinamori
Aug 2, 2014, 07:36 PM
It's a public proxy, so if some fucks up and gets it banned, everyone using that proxy will get banned, or at least worn't be able to use it.

Sandmind
Aug 3, 2014, 05:55 PM
I dunno, when I took a glance at that option, it looked like you could input any IP address, so it didn't look like it was exclusive. How it actually work and can/cannot do, I didn't look further then.

Searaphim
Aug 3, 2014, 06:12 PM
I'd recommend using your own server rather than using the public one. If someone decides to hack or cheat with the public proxy everyone using it will get a sweet ban. Also, I'd recommend not to share this too much, the less people know about this the less chance idiots will use it.

theland10
Aug 4, 2014, 07:43 PM
If someone decides to hack or cheat with the public proxy everyone using it will get a sweet ban.

I keep seeing people say this about the public proxy service but I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Isn't it just like an internet cafe? If someone cheated in an internet cafe they wouldn't ban everyone playing the game at that location. They can identify you via your personal MAC address so why wouldn't they ban you based on that?

If you go and try to login from a computer you haven't logged in from before they make you input a code sent to your email to prove that you own the pc your trying to connect from. I've done it on my desktop and my laptop. When I started using the proxy I did not have to do it a second time for each, it just worked, cause my MAC address was on record.

Besides that, before the proxy, when we could connect without it, the type of internet I use forces my IP address to change on a daily basis. So if they're going to ban by IP address it wouldn't do any good against someone on a connection like that.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Aug 6, 2014, 05:49 AM
no its different because its not on the registered list of internet cafes sega has a system where if your at a registere internet cafe u get netcafe points in pso2 this will not give you net cafe points so if some guy cheats using this proxy the entire proxy will get banned due to it being a tool used by hackers and to prevent hackers from using it again

theland10
Aug 9, 2014, 10:54 AM
Ok, that doesn't exactly address the point I was making.

First off, I understand there are official net cafes registered with Sega. That doesn't change the fact that there are business that run with free wifi setups where people could come play. For example, let's just imagine that everquest online has net cafe bonuses and businesses can register with them to be identified as an official netcafe. If I open a little computer shop/gaming store with 10-20 desktops/laptops setup with the game on them that people can use to come in and play, but I'm not registered as an official netcafe. Everyone in my shop connects from the same ip address due to the wireless setup. If 1 person in my shop cheats on Everquest online is everyone that plays at my shop going to get banned? No. Will my ip address get banned? Probably not.

Secondly people keep saying if someone cheats on the proxy, your account will be banned. What I was getting at was why it wouldn't. You said the proxy will be banned. They can't ban the proxy. The proxy is more of a program running on a remote server than a user account that can be shut down. They could ban the server the proxy is using to connect to the game but then all they would have to do is put the proxy on a new server.

Helvetica Standard
Aug 9, 2014, 12:23 PM

First off, I understand there are official net cafes registered with Sega. That doesn't change the fact that there are business that run with free wifi setups where people could come play. For example, let's just imagine that everquest online has net cafe bonuses and businesses can register with them to be identified as an official netcafe. If I open a little computer shop/gaming store with 10-20 desktops/laptops setup with the game on them that people can use to come in and play, but I'm not registered as an official netcafe. Everyone in my shop connects from the same ip address due to the wireless setup. If 1 person in my shop cheats on Everquest online is everyone that plays at my shop going to get banned? No. Will my ip address get banned? Probably not.

Secondly people keep saying if someone cheats on the proxy, your account will be banned. What I was getting at was why it wouldn't. You said the proxy will be banned. They can't ban the proxy. The proxy is more of a program running on a remote server than a user account that can be shut down. They could ban the server the proxy is using to connect to the game but then all they would have to do is put the proxy on a new server.

Finally! there is hope for this forum!

Good sir, you are right. soooo right.
Indeed, neither proxy nor the IP used for the proxy would be banned.
Banning a whole "net café" is not the smartest move if they encourage
that modality. HOWEVER, the warning of getting banned if someone cheats
is TRUE. Why? becausa SEGA's ban system is largely automated, it triggers
under specific circumstances.

For example:
-Let's say that 10 ppl are connected to the proxy
-These 10 ppl are playing....uhhh Mine defense (they are a multiparty)
-1 player out of the 10 is a cheater/hacker
-This hacker sucks bad at cheating and the autoban detects his scriptkid tools.
-Autoban is dumb as shit and says "Ou mai godz! this is a hacked MPA!"
-Autoban decides the best solution is to ban all the players present in that EQ
-Banning just the hacker? NEVER, because it's SEGA quality banhammer! :D
-There you go, 10 ppl banned....9 innocent.

This is a possible scenario out of several others. The warning for using the proxy is there because the autoban is dumb as a brick, hell my left testicle has more brains than SEGA's ban system.

(Just to clarify before someone else says it: Don't start any argument over the ToS. Screw ToS, just about everything is against the ToS, eating a snack while playing is against the ToS, so that's not a valid reason to say you were banned because proxy is against ToS. SEGA quality banhammer is not going to detect proxy....maybe not even hacktools... GG is for decoration, you see.)

Chik'Tikka
Aug 9, 2014, 01:51 PM
on top of this, the cyberkitsune proxy is monitored for illicit activity (or so we're told) which should help keep incidents down, only reason there would be an IP block on the proxy or multi account bans is if there were serious issues emanating from the proxy (by serious i mean DoS or hundreds of bot accounts and whatnot)+^_^+

Gama
Aug 9, 2014, 02:39 PM
Also, I'd recommend not to share this too much, the less people know about this the less chance idiots will use it.

hey, lets have kids together.

i still consider the aws method safer, but it might not be an option for some.

i myself would be screwed if i didn't have some help from a friend.

Sizustar
Aug 9, 2014, 03:17 PM

Having multiple account logging in from 1 IP, and having large transaction going on with them is one way to get the 816 Ban, which happened to a friend with 11 account.

He was able to get all but 4 back after contacting sega.

EvilMag
Aug 9, 2014, 03:35 PM
Having multiple account logging in from 1 IP, and having large transaction going on with them is one way to get the 816 Ban, which happened to a friend with 11 account.

He was able to get all but 4 back after contacting sega.

But the difference was that your friend was doing it on the same computer. The same MAC address. Which does raise a lot of red flags for Sega.