PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Increase burst damage of machine guns

picogenkaku
Aug 3, 2014, 10:48 AM
Hi guys, I am just new here at PSO-World.

I would like to ask if there is a way to increase the burst damage from my machine guns, i.e. the normal attack of my assault rifle.

:-)

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 10:50 AM
Mech guns are really PA focused weapons, their normal attacks aren't very stong. Likewise Assault rifle is based around using bullet skills.

If you want burst damage as a gunner then sub ranger and do the weak bullet chain trigger combo.

picogenkaku
Aug 3, 2014, 10:58 AM
Oooh. I think I should stick with my grenade launchers for now, since it deals great damage.

I was just wondering if I can still improve the damage.

DrCatco
Aug 3, 2014, 12:54 PM
Look for good subclasses: Hunter with Fury Stance for general damage, Fighter with Brave Stance for front damage or Wise Stance for back damage, Braver with Weak Stance for damage to weak points/face. There are other combinations, look for them. (There are people arguing about it in this forum ^^; )

Make a mag with R-atk, feeding him with r-attack weapons to lvl up his r-attack, and 5* room goods to keep his dex from level up.

Look for weapons/units with good affixes; for ranger, Shoot I/II/III, Ability I/II/III, Ran'sa Soul/Fang Soul/Mizer Soul are good. Or affix them yourself! Affixing can be a science, and as I'm not a science man, I cannot explain further. But there are guides around here, look for them. Also, look for a good set of units (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/unit_5.php#nav).

Hope this helps you.

isCasted
Aug 3, 2014, 01:07 PM
Don't think about damage of basic attacks, most of your damage comes from PAs. If you have PP - spend it. It's a very common newbie mistake.

GoldenFalcon
Aug 3, 2014, 02:00 PM
Diffuse Shell is easy burst damage

I prefer to use Piercing Shell on their head though

Lostbob117
Aug 3, 2014, 02:12 PM
Get more R-ATK

picogenkaku
Aug 5, 2014, 06:18 AM
Thanks for your tips guys!

Should I increase my mag's R-ATK to improve burst damage? Also, is there a way to increase the likelihood of red crosshairs to appear during battle?

Achelousaurus
Aug 5, 2014, 07:16 AM
Diffuse Shell is easy burst damage

I prefer to use Piercing Shell on their head though
How does Diffuse Shell actually work?

Anyway, R-atk raises ranged damage, regardless of when how or what.
Likewise s-atk for strike damage (melee) and t-atk for tech damage.

Not sure what you mean with red crosshairs but if you mean the stuff appearing over some bosses, it marks their weakpoints, sadly it looks similar to the lock-on symbol so when things get hectic and the screen is a mess of photon art / tech animation and up close textures of enemies and bosses swirling around, you may confuse them (especially cause they may get partially obscured).

Also, Gunner is all about Sroll > Ja'd Photon Art at the moment.
Some nice combos but mostly for fun cause SRoll Ja bonus doubles damage and makes everything else weak in comparison.

isCasted
Aug 5, 2014, 10:27 AM
Red crosshair is Ranger's skill, Weak Bullet. Every Ranger should have it, because it triples everyone's damage on a point where it's placed (some Ranger has to place it, it doesn't appear by itself). With lv10 of that skill you'll get 4 bullets on each activation with 90 second cooldown.

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2014, 12:22 PM
Just to clarify, what do you mean by burst damage? The term usually reffers to a short durration of high damage. If you can sustain it for long periods of time then it's not really burst damage. If you're just talking about the damage of your normal attacks then you shouldn't worry about that on rifle and mech guns, they always have weak normals. It's their PAs and skills that make them.

Like isCasted said, Weak bullet is very important, but you'll have to sub or main ranger for that, so keep that in mind.