PDA

View Full Version : PC Onigiri changing weapon system like PSO2?

metatime
Aug 3, 2014, 07:11 PM
I play a lot of mmos but once in a while I need to itch a crave once in a while since PSO2 isn't out in the US yet.... been looking for a game similar to PSO2 in terms of switching between weapons at anytime... which not a lot of games have. I believe the ENG version came out so was wondering if anyone tried it yet.

Daiyousei
Aug 3, 2014, 07:20 PM
I have played it and it's pretty nice to play if you're not playing PSO2, but it seems rather simple.

ReverseSeraf
Aug 3, 2014, 07:44 PM
I have played it and it's pretty nice to play if you're not playing PSO2, but it seems rather simple.

Too simple for my taste. Strategy is pretty much bland (run around, gather enemies, use strongest AoE), dodge/block mechanic is really funky (probably lag), and lots of other stuff... it was fun while it lasted

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 07:47 PM
I don't think I've seen many games that aren't shooters and let you switch between more than 2 sets of weapons at a time.

Cadfael
Aug 3, 2014, 08:29 PM
To answer the question, yes you can use any weapon at any time. Your "class" seems to only affect your starting stats, and maybe stat growth.

The game is not particularly good. Bad exp growth, combat is not particularly fluid (you're either going to be kiting enemies until your AOE attacks recharge, or pulling an enemy to kill it, then sitting for 5 minutes recovering health), and the story is chock full of anime tropes.

Kondibon
Aug 3, 2014, 08:30 PM
and the story is chock full of anime tropes.So is PSO2's to be fair.

The_Brimada
Aug 3, 2014, 08:36 PM
I find myself playing this more than PSO2 these days.

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2014, 08:37 PM
Is that the one game that's just a shitty version of PSO2(worse version of a mediocre game) with less character customization but more girls covered in hentai oil? <_>;;;

smh smh

Post IP block withdrawals 2 stronk for that game to even be relevant.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 3, 2014, 08:38 PM
Too simple for my taste. Strategy is pretty much bland (run around, gather enemies, use strongest AoE), dodge/block mechanic is really funky (probably lag), and lots of other stuff... it was fun while it lasted

because the Phantasy star series was ever about massive strategy

metatime
Aug 3, 2014, 08:40 PM
Urgh just played it and unfortunately the game is very underdeveloped. Need a lot of more polish and needs to be faster with better customization.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2014, 08:48 PM

i literally cannot think of a simpler strategy than pso's

it was seriously

step 1: get weapon
step 2: use weapon
step 3: go to step 1

ReverseSeraf
Aug 3, 2014, 08:54 PM

Never said PSO's was good, but it's a hell of a lot better than what I saw in Onigiri

Meta77
Aug 3, 2014, 08:56 PM
Ive played both and i will say onigiri is very fun. Sure the graphics may not be the best and exp is a chore to grind like old style mmos. But overall if you cant play pso its a fun little game and the music while repeats and simple is quite soothing after a long work day. Getting partys is the only hard thing and boss difficulty spikes.

And to say the combat is simple so is pso2. Seriously only way you can say its not is cause bosses need to be dodged for 2/3 of your fight to avoid death but what. Attack with the most powerful weapon till its dead. If you need more strategy its cause you add it. Dark falz or any boss attack them on the weak point till death. Unless your going for a specific boost then yes you attack certain things, arms, crystals, tail etc. and talking of hoarding enemies to kill. Everyone does that to in pso. Gather the enimes in one spot. Mass kill them. psos combat is not that deep.

IndignationSWF
Aug 3, 2014, 09:04 PM
I played it for a few days with friends, it felt really stiff to me sadly. I wanted to like it as a PSO2 alternative but I couldn't get into it as much. Most of my game time these days is spent between BnS and GW2 now.

Dan Maku
Aug 3, 2014, 09:48 PM
I gave Onigiri a go. Not my cuppa.

strikerhunter
Aug 3, 2014, 11:01 PM
I tried it for about 2 weeks, would had quit on the 2nd day if it wasn't for the ability to convert characters into MMD models............

Combat was okay but stiff, I didn't even understand the story one bit and that's coming from running it 5 times, quests (imo) are much more boring than PSO2's quests, and the only time I've ever felt threaten was during lag or when a boss is bugged.