PDA

View Full Version : Grind order question

Ledo2013
Aug 4, 2014, 01:13 AM
There are good guides to how to grind items. But I wonder if the order of doing things is important.

If you for example have a 2 slot weapon and want to end with a 4 slot weapon with affixed soul and 3 abilities, is there a preferred order?
Namely

- would one start with affixing soul, adding ability 1, then extending slot, adding ability 2, extending again and adding ability 3,

- or is it better to first extend to 4 slots,

- and should affixing the soul be the first or last thing to do

Daiyousei
Aug 4, 2014, 01:16 AM
I don't have much affixing experience myself, but if I were you

-extend to 4 slots first with cheap stuff, or if you're feeling a bit luckier than usual, extend to 4 along the way

- soul first, since it grants transfer bonuses to the other abilities you may want to add later

- the rest of the abilities

horseship
Aug 4, 2014, 03:39 AM
Actually, you can affix soul last and still be efficient, if you use soul receptor. This is often more expensive though, so you may not want to do it.

The usual method involves making two fodders with soul + desirable affix, and just having the soul on the original unit before the final affix. Like so:

(base)
Soul
x
x
x

+

(fodder 1)
Soul
Atk 3
x
x

+

(fodder 2)
Soul
Spirita 3
x
x

=

Soul
Atk 3
Spirita 3
(boost)

You usually make the fodders by using two soul units + desirable affix of the same slots at a 50/80 chance, or 60/90 chance with a 10% booster. You can buy fodders premade too, but they may or may not cost more than making it yourself.

If you intend to use soul receptor, you should add your non soul affixes first. An example of such an affix:

(base)
x
x
x
x

+

tech 3
x
x
x

+

cater soul (anything that boosts tech; don't waste elder for units)
x
x
x

Only add tech 3. I recommend using a 10% here. Next step:

tech 3
x
x
x

+

spirita 3
x
x
x

+

goron soul (slightly cheaper for units, boosts spirita + tech)
x
x
x

Add tech and spirita. I recommend using a 20% here to make both 100%.

Last step just uses one soul unit, a receptor unit, and a boost. With that method, you can make an 4s elder unit with only one of each fodder provided you pass the first 90%. Only downside is that the higher slotted soul receptor weapons/units can be very pricey.

And of course, you should expand your base weapon/unit to the correct amount of slots before doing any of this.