PDA

View Full Version : Ya, I think I've figured out why SEGA doesn't care about PSO2 outside of Japan

the_importer_
Aug 4, 2014, 02:07 PM
Taking all the SEGA published games since 2010 from GameFaqs.com, I've filtered out the following:

-No games that were released in Japan alone (meaning it has to been out in NA and/or EUR)
-No Sonic games or games featuring Sonic cause let's face it, it's all they do
-No ports or emulated version of older game (Sonic Adventures port on PS3 or Genesis games on PSN)
-No smart phone or arcade games, that's a different market
-No add-ons or expansions
-Only listing the game once, meaning if it's multi-platform, it will only be there once
-Did this during my break, so there might be some mistakes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Vancouver 2010 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Winter Games
Senjou No Valkyria 2: Gallia Ouritsu Shikan Gakkou
Resonance of Fate
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
Aliens vs. Predator
Napoleon: Total War
Ryu ga Gotoku 4: Densetsu o Tsugumono
After Burner Climax
Iron Man 2
Alpha Protocol
Tournament of Legends
Vanquish
Football Manager 2011

Super Monkey Ball 3D
MLB Manager Online 2011
Total War: Shogun 2
Spiral Knights
Conduit 2
Thor: God of Thunder
Virtua Tennis 4
Ryu ga Gotoku: Of the End
Captain America: Super Soldier
Rise of Nightmares
Renegade Ops
Aliens: Infestation
Football Manager 2012
Shinobi

CRUSH3D
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Binary Domain
The House of the Dead 4
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games
Anarchy Reigns
World Snooker Championship 2005
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Football Manager 2013

The Cave
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Company of Heroes 2
Total War: Rome II
The Typing of the Dead: Overkill
Football Manager 2014

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd
Alien: Isolation
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So ya, as you can see, by applying simple filters, it's easy to see that besides making Sonic games, porting their old games and publishing the occasional Triple A games (made by someone else), SEGA is pretty much dead outside of Japan. Only hope left would be if some company with MMO experience would pick up the game here and take care of everything, giving SEGA a part of the profits.

btw-Niji
Aug 4, 2014, 02:12 PM
May I ask why you still care about this?

the_importer_
Aug 4, 2014, 02:15 PM
May I ask why you still care about this?

May I ask why you asked me this?

Daiyousei
Aug 4, 2014, 02:15 PM
-No games that were released in Japan alone (meaning it has to been out in NA and/or EUR)

Phantasy Star Online 2

You certainly are on break for sure

the_importer_
Aug 4, 2014, 02:16 PM
You certainly are on break for sure

Oops, forgot to remove it, good thing the last rule applies. I'll remove it now.

Daiyousei
Aug 4, 2014, 02:17 PM
Then again you could modify the first rule to include Taiwan and SEA

btw-Niji
Aug 4, 2014, 02:18 PM
May I ask why you asked me this?
May I ask where your gold medals are?

UnLucky
Aug 4, 2014, 02:19 PM
So what, like a year or two ago they had a bunch of games and that's why they don't anymore?

I don't get it.

the_importer_
Aug 4, 2014, 02:19 PM
Then again you could modify the first rule to include Taiwan and SEA

Not gonna get into this, PSO2 is not even published by SEGA over there. Don't think they would have the game if a 3rd party didn't approach SEGA.

the_importer_
Aug 4, 2014, 02:22 PM
So what, like a year or two ago they had a bunch of games and that's why they don't anymore?

I don't get it.

The point is that they're not putting out a lot of games in general outside of Japan, only thing they do is cough out Sonic games, port their retro games and publish a few Triple A games from other developers (which mostly suck).

SEGA is pretty much dead outside of Japan.

mUZie
Aug 4, 2014, 02:44 PM
The point is that they're not putting out a lot of games in general outside of Japan, only thing they do is cough out Sonic games, port their retro games and publish a few Triple A games from other developers (which mostly suck).

SEGA is pretty much dead outside of Japan.

Didn't sega die in 2002? Isn't SoA just a publisher? What games did they even make after dreamcast? Yakuza and Virtual Fighter?

Laxedrane
Aug 4, 2014, 02:54 PM
You should have a mirror list with NOTHING filtered(But phone only apps) Because like another post said "what does this show, sega isn't releasing as much games?"

Arkanoid
Aug 4, 2014, 03:05 PM
Funny enough, this list is missing a Phantasy Star game lol. Phantasy Star Portable 2 came out in NA in 2010, it was out since 2009 in Japan but yeah. Also Juuouki = Altered Beast = emulation of an older game.

Also Bayonetta is another 2009 game in Japan that came to NA in early 2010, if you're counting those.

landman
Aug 4, 2014, 03:17 PM
End of Eternity
Resonance of Fate

Same game

Gain Ground
Crack Down

Juuouki

Emulation

Binary Domain

Binary Domain

You put it twice

3D Juuouki

You may as well list the other 7 3D ports (they are not emulation and even have extra content)

Missing Sonic Boom

Sadly, any sega fan has been seeing the full picture for a long time, Sega west is at minimum risk, and that means: Football Manager, Total War, Sonic, Alien, Company of Heroes and mobile. Miku is an inexpensive experiment that worked (no translated lyrics for example), and franlky, I hope the sequel works as well, and they also announced the release of the last DS Miku game.

This week a lot of fans are sending letters to Sega America, Europe and Japan asking for the localization of Yakuza 5, the fanbase is really desperate at the moment.

Shadowth117
Aug 4, 2014, 03:30 PM
Didn't sega die in 2002? Isn't SoA just a publisher? What games did they even make after dreamcast? Yakuza and Virtual Fighter?

For the most part, yeah. What really screwed them hard was releasing the Saturn early since the devs got screwed with their the development times. Then when they tried to fix it with the Dreamcast, they had to deal with companies not trusting them after they abandoned the Saturn hardware so quickly and put it out so hastily before along with the launch of the Playstation 2.

PS2 reaaaaaaaally screwed them because its hardware allowed for everything Dreamcast did, but better. Sony also didn't have the bad rep with third party devs that Sega got themselves with the Saturn. So basically overwhelming vs lack of support and the PS2 being a next generation console while the Dreamcast was meant to compete against the N64 and Playstation really screwed them.

There's actually a whole story too about how Sega could have had some of the better parts from the N64 and I want to say the Playstation in the Saturn as well, but that's not fully on topic.

I will say that I kinda wish Sega had been picked up by M$ after their fallout rather than Sammy since support for western games would be far more likely, but there's also the chance it could have been a situation like with Rareware. Regardless, it didn't happen. It would have been cool if a M$ funded PSU had seen the light of day though given the budget it would have probably had.

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2014, 03:44 PM
Doooood that would kick major ass and would be awesome if Sega releases Project Mirai outside of Japan!!!!!

reaper527
Aug 4, 2014, 04:10 PM
I will say that I kinda wish Sega had been picked up by M$ after their fallout rather than Sammy since support for western games would be far more likely, but there's also the chance it could have been a situation like with Rareware.

this is exactly what would have happened. rather than doing what they are good at, the studio would have been tasked on kinect shovelware, and through attrition, the employees that made the studio what it was would have moved on.

it's hard to imagine sega being in a better position today than they are currently in had ms acquired them. maybe if sony had been interested in acquiring them, things could have turned out better (they do seem to have a pretty good relationship with sony).

The Walrus
Aug 4, 2014, 04:39 PM
Doooood that would kick major ass and would be awesome if Sega releases Project Mirai outside of Japan!!!!!

They're releasing the second in 'murica next year.

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2014, 05:08 PM
They're releasing the second in 'murica next year.

@_@ Awwwwwwessssoooooome

HandOfThornz
Aug 4, 2014, 05:42 PM
Sadly, any sega fan has been seeing the full picture for a long time, Sega west is at minimum risk, and that means: Football Manager, Total War, Sonic, Alien, Company of Heroes and mobile. Miku is an inexpensive experiment that worked (no translated lyrics for example), and franlky, I hope the sequel works as well, and they also announced the release of the last DS Miku game.

This is simply one of the main reason. A few years ago SEGA announced they will focus on 4 main titles in the west:
- Aliens
- Total War
- Sonic
- Football Manager
As they are risk free and make a good profit.

Here's a link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/03/sega_to_cancel_games_focus_on_existing_ip

Since then, Relic was bought by SEGA just after the above announcement, which probably adds Company of heroes to the core western pillar list SEGA are focusing on.

SEGA also mentioned around the time of the above link that it was to focus more on PC and mobile gaming. Which leaves hope for PSO2 to come west.

In the latest SEGA financial report it does mention that PSO2 will be a main focus/push in the next 12 months (however it doesn't mention if that means in the west).
PSO2 west is coming but i doubt we will ever find out why it has taken so long to come west.

I also agree with the above posts, SEGA are certainly better off with Sammy than MS!
Sony would be an interesting partnership. If you look around the net you'll find the story of how close this could have happened with the Dreamcast/PS1... but SOJ refused it.

GHNeko
Aug 4, 2014, 07:26 PM
I still dislike Sammy.

They're the ones that decided to be fiscally conservative ;_;

I mean fuck man.

The Ringedge is an Online Arcade system that uses Sega.NET.

I want that shit so bad.

Border Break and Shining Force(?) look so damn legit.

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2014, 07:38 PM
OP no one gives a flying fuck about pso2 outside of Japan so seriously just stop and we all kniw you're still angry at sega for banning you.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 4, 2014, 07:42 PM
Hmm yeah Sega of America and Sega of Europe aren't even a thing and the Sega-Sammy situation is just a chokehold. You really needn't bother.

Gardios
Aug 4, 2014, 07:44 PM
I still dislike Sammy.

They're the ones that decided to be fiscally conservative ;_;

I mean fuck man.

The Ringedge is an Online Arcade system that uses Sega.NET.

I want that shit so bad.

Border Break and Shining Force(?) look so damn legit.

Blame either the rest of the world for getting rid of arcades or SEGA for being too stupid to do a BB:U port.

I blame SEGA. <_<

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2014, 07:51 PM
Blame either the rest of the world for getting rid of arcades or SEGA for being too stupid to do a BB:U port.

I blame SEGA. <_<

Don't blame the world blame the home gaming console industry for killing the arcades

Ghalion
Aug 4, 2014, 08:19 PM
OP no one gives a flying fuck about pso2 outside of Japan so seriously just stop and we all kniw you're still angry at sega for banning you.

While the OP's post doesn't interest me in the slightest, there ARE people who care about PSO2 outside Jpn. Given the fact that people like you continually complain about threads stating such, it should be obvious, but no, feel free to keep your head in a tunnel and complain when someone doesn't have your exact opinion.

Meta77
Aug 4, 2014, 09:42 PM
Sega of japan keep this up and their begging for another DDOS. seriously i would not doubt that was the reason for the first one.

Ghalion
Aug 4, 2014, 09:55 PM
I dunno what the reason was, but I think there are more than one really good viable reason. I'm thinking SEA users getting upset that they got ip banned is one very good reason. The fact NA gets nothing is another...The fact that SEA used translations that were originally for NA is kinda added salt...But the fact that the SEA playerbase is much larger, and has (on average) mor involvement makes it more likely that they are the cause.

Then I wouldn't be surprised if there are other reasons as well that I'm not aware of since I don't really research all the politics going on with sega and PSO2.

Of course, the ddos attacks thing hurt the playerbase more than the company so I don't really think their reasons are good either way, but there are certainly some very good reasons to "zing" sega for sure.

GHNeko
Aug 4, 2014, 10:36 PM
Don't blame the world blame the home gaming console industry for killing the arcades

This.

The costs of arcades and the convenience of online gaming as well as the cost of TRAVELING to said arcades is the biggest reason why arcades are dead.

That and the arcade per area ratio in the west fucking suuucks because the west is huuuuuge.

And it wouldnt make sense to make a PC/Console port of arcade games like BB for the west and not the east.

BUT THEN AGAIN

THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE RINGEDGE/RINGWIDE

ONE WAS AN ECONOMY PC ARCADE MACHINE AND THE OTHER IS THE SUPERPOWERFUL PC ARCADE MACHINE.

I mean fuck man Taito got their shit together @ multiple games per cabinet via downloading titles through the internet.

If that shit caught it, it'd be so cost effective here.

But I'm straight buggin. This isnt the time nor place for this. x_x

That being said, SoA is to blame for the massive money sink that was the saturn (and I think the SCD and 32X? I dont know how well those did in Japan.)

The biggest thing is that Sega was too progressive for its own good. Game Gear / Genesis Nomad? Brilliant ideas but the technology of that time made it a sure failure commercially.

Anon_Fire
Aug 4, 2014, 10:58 PM
So, does this all mean we may never see PSO2 in NA/EU?

The Walrus
Aug 4, 2014, 11:10 PM
What do you think?

We've been at "it's probably not gonna happen" for a long time now.

Arkanoid
Aug 5, 2014, 01:15 AM
That being said, SoA is to blame for the massive money sink that was the saturn (and I think the SCD and 32X? I dont know how well those did in Japan.)

Actually SoA was very much against the whole crazy early launch of the Saturn in the west, SoJ basically forced their hand.

Achelousaurus
Aug 5, 2014, 04:01 AM
The reason is simple.
Sega doesn't think they can make enough profit to make it worthwhile yet.
Why is beyond me considering popularity of earlier Phantasy Star games and Sega's own popularity and the success PSO2 has where it is already released.
Someone high up is apparently sleeping.

Akaimizu
Aug 5, 2014, 05:23 AM
Not a surprise. They've suffered a lot of losses due to a total lack of inner-company communication, and a total lack of even filtered input from fans. Not due to the fans, but due to the total lack of accepting foreign consumer (and Western branch) input.

And then Colonial Marines happened. Probably a rather large and expensive reason for a very timid Western release schedule, this year.

Someone high up is not only sleeping, but has been for many years. Probably taking the same stuff and eventually shared it with the same higher-ups at Capcom that made some of their business decisions for the last few years.

SEGA's shrinking business is following the same blueprint that happened to Commodore, a good number of years ago. And I thought that history would've served as a permanent example for which every video entertainment division should have full knowledge of.

They may not suffer the same fate, but at this rate, they're facing the idea of simply diminishing into a local company instead of an international one. The new Aliens game better not suck, because if it tanks or furthers the bad Alien franchise reputation, Sega will probably do like they always do and blame the market and not the quality or execution of such game or support. Thus, they'll really pull out. They do have Atlus. *crosses fingers Atlus gets to remain Atlus because they have such an open ear policy with their customers*

HandOfThornz
Aug 5, 2014, 07:32 AM
So, does this all mean we may never see PSO2 in NA/EU?

We will, its just a matter of when.

Gama
Aug 5, 2014, 09:07 AM
the thing is:

a f2p game needs a big player base to make profit, so why limit the game to 1 country...

the_importer_
Aug 5, 2014, 09:31 AM

I'm not banned I and still play without a proxy or any of program like ping zapper, my ISP got unblocked about a week after the Japanese players were are to get back in. You failed in your reply.

You should have a mirror list with NOTHING filtered(But phone only apps) Because like another post said "what does this show, sega isn't releasing as much games?"

But the goal WAS to show that SEGA is not releasing much outside of Japan minus Sonic games, ports of old games, emulated games and smart phone stuff.

This week a lot of fans are sending letters to Sega America, Europe and Japan asking for the localization of Yakuza 5, the fanbase is really desperate at the moment.

I'll fix the list, thanks. As for Sonic Boom, I won't add it due the the filter rules I added.

Arkanoid
Aug 5, 2014, 09:47 AM
Samurai & Dragons is Japan only. It's a F2P game and actually just shut down on July 31 after only being around for like 2 years, apparently to focus on their other F2P game on Vita, yay F2P!!! Also just found out there was an english site made for the game, even though it never came out here and never will http://samurai-and-dragons.com/
A sign for PSO2? ;)

the_importer_
Aug 5, 2014, 10:10 AM
Samurai & Dragons is Japan only. It's a F2P game and actually just shut down on July 31 after only being around for like 2 years, apparently to focus on their other F2P game on Vita, yay F2P!!! Also just found out there was an english site made for the game, even though it never came out here and never will http://samurai-and-dragons.com/
A sign for PSO2? ;)

Thanks for info, I corrected the list.

Achelousaurus
Aug 5, 2014, 11:44 AM
the thing is:

a f2p game needs a big player base to make profit, so why limit the game to 1 country...
F2P means big initial costs, make people like the game to actually make any kind of profit, the more players, the more costs.

If SEGA is in a general recession with other stuff they may think opening PSO2 for another area is too risky at the moment.
Then again, if PSO2 is consistently one of the best profit makers, I really don#t get why they haven't really capitalized on that.

GHNeko
Aug 5, 2014, 12:31 PM
Actually SoA was very much against the whole crazy early launch of the Saturn in the west, SoJ basically forced their hand.

I really need to finish reading my book on Sega.

holy fuck SoJ makes me madder with every passing day.

F2P means big initial costs, make people like the game to actually make any kind of profit, the more players, the more costs.

If SEGA is in a general recession with other stuff they may think opening PSO2 for another area is too risky at the moment.
Then again, if PSO2 is consistently one of the best profit makers, I really don#t get why they haven't really capitalized on that.

Because games that are aimed at Japanese players are unlikely to see the same success REQUIRED to be a good/worthwhile investment and commercial success else where?

And there is nothing convincing Sega that this may be the case.

And if PSO2 has large operating costs in Japan, they could only be matched or increased else where. Possible supporting evidence is the fact that PSO2 is being published by 3rd party companies in TW and SEA (and CN maybe?)

the_importer_
Aug 5, 2014, 12:35 PM

I think the main issue is that PSO2 oozes of Asian cultures. That is personally one of the reasons why I love the game, but to the typical North American gamer who prefers knights, kings, amazons, orcs and princesses in their MMO, it may not be as popular.

Add this to the fact that SEGA only thinks that we want to play Sonic games and their back catalog and ya, PSO2 will probably never a Western release.

Skize
Aug 5, 2014, 03:40 PM
Pretty much, we won't see PSO2 anywhere in NA/EU. It's been YEARS people. It's honestly, time to move on. Also, I wouldn't count on Sega anymore at all. At the pace they're going, I'm expecting them to go bankrupt sooner or later. Why? Not just cause of the lack luster list of games coming out, but since they make horrible business decisions.
Take Valkyria Chronicles for example. The first one for the PS3 was GREAT. They made a TON of money for a first game of a new series. Then some idiot decided to make it a PSP game with a lot of toned down graphics, etc. Not only did it flop world wide, but importantly, it was a pretty big flop in Japan as well compared to the first VC. So instead of investing some good money in the series again, they released the 3rd VC game for the PSP again, but only for Japan cause the damage was done.
Sega does this quite often. They produce a gem, and instead of making it into a shining, sparkling gem, they tarnish it. PSO2 won't be here, because Sega downright is stupid, and the window of opportunity is already gone. Even if PSO was released worldwide, there's too many new games coming out this fall. Too much competition, and only a niche group of people would play. Heck even a smaller group of niche people would even think about quitting the JP server.

Meta77
Aug 5, 2014, 08:49 PM
Its been two years. Sega can still bring it stateside. Its just a matter of timing. You need a market for the game. Fans stop demanding it when they give up hope. So why bother for now. No one presses them on the issue they simply come here to gripe on the jp version and ignore a NA. Im sure if people continued to flood them as much as we do here griping and on their fb and etc etc they would consider it more. Trying once and not succeding and giving up is a sure way to never see it.

Maronji
Aug 5, 2014, 09:24 PM
Its been two years. Sega can still bring it stateside. Its just a matter of timing.

This. There's a precedent for online games not being brought over for prolonged periods of time. It's not exactly irregular.

Fantasy Earth Zero: Official JP client came out in 2006. Official EN client came out in 2010. That's four years.
Dynasty Warriors Online: Same as above.

Just to name a few.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 5, 2014, 10:08 PM
This. There's a precedent for online games not being brought over for prolonged periods of time. It's not exactly irregular.

Fantasy Earth Zero: Official JP client came out in 2006. Official EN client came out in 2010. That's four years.

Just to name a few.

I doubt many on here would be willing to wait that long tbh. But better late than never I guess.

blace
Aug 5, 2014, 10:21 PM
It wouldn't be an issue if the site and Facebook page were updated.

The whole PAX unveil set it up as the game being ready for a western launch.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Aug 5, 2014, 11:16 PM
theres no good enough reason why Sega doesn't give us any actual info on PSO2 for the west
i don't care if they said it was coming out in 2020 or it was cancelled i just want something besides the game is being worked on and no further details can be given

as far a western gamers wanting kings knights and princesses in there MMOS i guess nobody around looks at half the korean or japanese mmos in NA or EU
Vindictus Tera Rusty hearts Elsword Mabinogi FF11 FF14 perfect world international

Now to touch upon it's to japanese anybody ever hear of Onigiri anybody it got a western release
and everything about Onigiri is japanese from the characters to the story to the creatures to the clothing

starwind75043
Aug 6, 2014, 12:19 AM
We should all probably should check back and see how they feel about a western pso after we see how wildstar performs. I have this feeling sega is doing the same thing.

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2014, 12:22 AM
theres no good enough reason why Sega doesn't give us any actual info on PSO2 for the west
i don't care if they said it was coming out in 2020 or it was cancelled i just want something besides the game is being worked on and no further details can be given

as far a western gamers wanting kings knights and princesses in there MMOS i guess nobody around looks at half the korean or japanese mmos in NA or EU
Vindictus Tera Rusty hearts Elsword Mabinogi FF11 FF14 perfect world international

Now to touch upon it's to japanese anybody ever hear of Onigiri anybody it got a western release
and everything about Onigiri is japanese from the characters to the story to the creatures to the clothing
Both Mabinogi and Vinditus are both based of Celtic mythology. I actually have no idea what the_importer_ is talking about since PSO2 doesn't exactly have a "japanese" aesthetic outside of a couple events, but that's never stopped a game from coming to the west ever. >_>

Just to name a few.
Didn't Fantasy Earth Zero flop? ._.

Maronji
Aug 6, 2014, 12:28 AM
Didn't Fantasy Earth Zero flop? ._.

Unfortunately. As dated as it was, I rather enjoyed it (saboteurs notwithstanding), but I guess it just didn't have enough of a following, even after we got one of the two classes we were missing.

Cesedria best nation.

yoshiblue
Aug 6, 2014, 12:45 AM
Don't listen to Yelsord's lies.

Sadly it did but it was great when it was around. Did wish to see it again. FEZ HK shut down not to long ago so it makes FEZ JP the last man standing.

landman
Aug 6, 2014, 02:50 AM
I still think a successful western release is possible, I still see a lot of people who have not played since the DC pso giving their thoughts about the game in different forums, Phantasy Star Online still has a name in the age range of people who actually spend money in games, Sega only needs to make it right, launch it on steam, flood steam main page like they do with Total War, and give a good first impression to everyone who tries, which is not hard, and then update regularly, they have it easy in that part, everything is already done in the JP server, put more steam front page for each update, at least the first ones, keep doing this every other few months, and voilą.

The part about updating regularly of course needs good synchro between east and west, and that's why I still hope Sega west releases the game, and not a third party, although we have seen in the past how Sega JP didn't give a shit about PSU western updates, let's hope this can be improved.

Achelousaurus
Aug 6, 2014, 03:13 AM
Pretty much, we won't see PSO2 anywhere in NA/EU. It's been YEARS people. It's honestly, time to move on. Also, I wouldn't count on Sega anymore at all. At the pace they're going, I'm expecting them to go bankrupt sooner or later. Why? Not just cause of the lack luster list of games coming out, but since they make horrible business decisions.
Take Valkyria Chronicles for example. The first one for the PS3 was GREAT. They made a TON of money for a first game of a new series. Then some idiot decided to make it a PSP game with a lot of toned down graphics, etc. Not only did it flop world wide, but importantly, it was a pretty big flop in Japan as well compared to the first VC. So instead of investing some good money in the series again, they released the 3rd VC game for the PSP again, but only for Japan cause the damage was done.
Sega does this quite often. They produce a gem, and instead of making it into a shining, sparkling gem, they tarnish it. PSO2 won't be here, because Sega downright is stupid, and the window of opportunity is already gone. Even if PSO was released worldwide, there's too many new games coming out this fall. Too much competition, and only a niche group of people would play. Heck even a smaller group of niche people would even think about quitting the JP server.
A) gonna happen
B) not gonna happen
No one expected releases outside of JP and then we got SEA. Well, they got SEA. It may take a long time but I am pretty sure PSO2 will come to the west as well. Though tbh I'd rather continue playing on the jp servers like this.
Wouldn't wanna have start from scratch with lvl 40 cap and no braver (or Bouncer) and other regions are always far behind in content anyway (like PSOBB).

And SEGA cannot even go bankrupt with a game like PSO2.
The only thing that could happen is a drastic downsizing of the other departments / teams in favor of the one team still making a big profit.

Meta77
Aug 6, 2014, 09:07 PM
I still say people need to be more vocal they want the game. this site not so much. Most people here seem to either scoff at a NA release and prefer to stay on the jp servers for lazyness to rework to get everything, or they just do not think sega cares and have given up on asking. Hell if miku fans had the enthusim we do I doubt sega would have bothered to bring both her console games stateside like they are.

Ghalion
Aug 6, 2014, 10:52 PM
Not sure what you expect... the vocal people don't know who they ahve to be vocal to! SegaNA says it's Sega JPN, Sega JPN says eff all.. people make petitions, send them to both, they get nothing but laughed at by the fan community...They've tried that like 3-4 times now I think...
yeahh..

Meta77
Aug 7, 2014, 06:16 AM
a pention with 200 fans means noting. And so what. Again i state they fucking brought a miku game stateside and they are bringing the second why? Because fan demand. They show support. Even on the japanese videos uploaded its filled with comments to support. They dont give up but they make sure the numbers they have are a great show of support. Not just a few sigs here and here and sent to the comapny. People have to continue to show support of this. PSOw though has a rep though online for being this way though.

the_importer_
Aug 7, 2014, 08:18 AM
a pention with 200 fans means noting. And so what. Again i state they fucking brought a miku game stateside and they are bringing the second why? Because fan demand. They show support. Even on the japanese videos uploaded its filled with comments to support. They dont give up but they make sure the numbers they have are a great show of support. Not just a few sigs here and here and sent to the comapny. People have to continue to show support of this. PSOw though has a rep though online for being this way though.

To be fair, Miku is very popular outside of Japan even without the games. Plus, the PSP was dying in NA when the first game was released in Japan, I understand why they didn't bother.