PDA

View Full Version : State of the NA Game

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 07:39 PM
Just curious, is the game pretty full with NA players? Or is the game pretty void of any foreign (non-JP) players?

The Walrus
Aug 4, 2014, 07:43 PM
Ship 2 has the most. Foreigners still make up a really small amount of the playerbase.

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2014, 07:43 PM
Majority of the community were "killed" in a DDoS attack back in July.

WildarmsRE5
Aug 4, 2014, 07:45 PM
Someone moon those guys already.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 4, 2014, 07:46 PM
Ship 2 has the most. Followed by 10, 5 and 6 and not in that order. But yeah the DDoS fallout leaving a bunch of people unable to connect pretty much killed off most of us.

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2014, 07:48 PM
Someone moon those guys already.

Most of thrm need to remain dead. Its nice to walk around B20 without seeing the mission lobby cluttered with trash.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 07:58 PM
But wouldn't they be able to connect after the attack? Why can't they still?

The Walrus
Aug 4, 2014, 08:00 PM
Because there are a bunch of foreign ISPs that you can't connect to the game with cause reasons and people don't want to put in the effort to jump through more hoops.

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2014, 08:01 PM
But wouldn't they be able to connect after the attack? Why can't they still?

Some where fortunate to have been able to, most weren't and few defied their unconnected status and found ways to reconnect to the game they cannot live without.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 4, 2014, 08:37 PM
So is the game worth getting into? I'm trying to get a few people involved but I don't want them to go through the whole process if we aren't going to run into a single other person throughout our time playing.

Is it really THAT dead?

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 4, 2014, 09:17 PM
So is the game worth getting into? I'm trying to get a few people involved but I don't want them to go through the whole process if we aren't going to run into a single other person throughout our time playing.

Is it really THAT dead?

No its not dead at all. All that just happened is that people that can't take the time to figure out how to use a vpn or pingzapper can't get on the game.Because you know, not like there's a few threads on how to do that here or anything x).

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 4, 2014, 11:10 PM

Is it really THAT dead?

There's still plenty of English players, but as pointed out in earlier posts, a lot of the lobby trash players were "killed" off because they can't be bothered to find an alternate way to connect, which is easier to set up than getting the JP SEGA ID in the first place. :wacko:

You won't have trouble finding english players on ship 2. :)

Sparzyle
Aug 4, 2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah the servers are still populated with foreing players, even english speakers, so if you want to play the game you should try

Achelousaurus
Aug 5, 2014, 03:58 AM
No its not dead at all. All that just happened is that people that can't take the time to figure out how to use a vpn or pingzapper can't get on the game.Because you know, not like there's a few threads on how to do that here or anything x).
Those things don't work for everyone.
I have a few friends who tried every method there is and then some and still cannot connect.

There's still plenty of English players, but as pointed out in earlier posts, a lot of the lobby trash players were "killed" off because they can't be bothered to find an alternate way to connect, which is easier to set up than getting the JP SEGA ID in the first place. :wacko:

You won't have trouble finding english players on ship 2. :)
A LOT of good players also can no longer play.
before DDoS I went on B10-12 and any EQ was guaranteed S rank.
Now I usually play there with people being far worse than me at the game and I am not even playing 4 months yet.

Anyway, ship 2 still has a big English speaking community and I made friends with a number of jp players.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 06:39 AM
Then I will continue to play. So long as I won't go my entire journey without hearing anyone talk in chat lol. I do really enjoy the game so far. I wish I had someone to run with me though.

AIDA
Aug 5, 2014, 07:33 AM
You can always use CyberKitsune's proxy to play, it's ridiculously easy to set up.

Chidori
Aug 5, 2014, 07:43 AM
Nah is still has decent non jp players in ship 2, if you want you could join our team is still pretty active ^^
Im in ship 2 and my id is TwicePiecemen, feel free to add it if you ever get on pso2 ^^

Sizustar
Aug 5, 2014, 07:48 AM
You can always use proxy to play, it's ridiculously easy to set up:
]

Don't think it's a good idea to share that site, as they are asking for funding to make a private server of PSO2, and I believe that's against the forum rule.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 5, 2014, 07:58 AM
Nah is still has decent non jp players in ship 2, if you want you could join our team is still pretty active ^^
Im in ship 2 and my id is TwicePiecemen, feel free to add it if you ever get on pso2 ^^

*Keeps forgetting to join team because keep forgetting to use alternate SEGA IDs*
:(

Don't think it's a good idea to share that site, as they are asking for funding to make a private server of PSO2, and I believe that's against the forum rule.

Wouldn't that also be making a profit off of SEGA's property and allow them to kick the door down on us foreign players and legitimately ban us?

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 08:50 AM

I will try to login tonight. Best add me instead @ Tyr4el or wnxtyr4el (account) because I probably won't be on until Sunday :)

AIDA
Aug 5, 2014, 01:16 PM

Ah, I forgot about that part. Good call. :)

Edson Drake
Aug 6, 2014, 01:34 AM
*Keeps forgetting to join team because keep forgetting to use alternate SEGA IDs*
:(

Wouldn't that also be making a profit off of SEGA's property and allow them to kick the door down on us foreign players and legitimately ban us?

It's not likely. However there's a HUGE possibility of a cease and desist as soon as Sega finds out about this.

It's one thing to ignore PSO and possible PSU private servers, since they're games that Sega can't profit from anymore, now PSO2 on the other hand, is still a possibility on the west(highly unlikely but still) so they've got to protect their game.

(not to piss on the idea, I would absolutely love a custom server and would join on the spot)

May0
Aug 23, 2014, 01:27 PM
It's not likely. However there's a HUGE possibility of a cease and desist as soon as Sega finds out about this.

It's one thing to ignore PSO and possible PSU private servers, since they're games that Sega can't profit from anymore, now PSO2 on the other hand, is still a possibility on the west(highly unlikely but still) so they've got to protect their game.

(not to piss on the idea, I would absolutely love a custom server and would join on the spot)

I find it amusing that a pack of gajins and co are a more competent team of translators than Sega can muster on it's own. I kinda wish someone would put up a private server if only to make a point to Sega "If you don't support us, we'll support ourselves."

At the very least it'd make a good kotaku article.

Akaimizu
Aug 23, 2014, 05:44 PM
Because there are a bunch of foreign ISPs that you can't connect to the game with cause reasons and people don't want to put in the effort to jump through more hoops.

Or they are traveling with internet access, but their internet comes from ISPs at the places they are staying. That puts a major hamper on those "get around" methods.

Dan Maku
Aug 23, 2014, 09:13 PM
Ship 2 still has plenty of western gamers. The post-DDoS snafu has been dealt with thanks to the Amazon AWS/Proxycap method.

LordKaiser
Aug 23, 2014, 11:37 PM
LOL B20 lobby trash removed? And yet people still fail TD EQs. How ironic XD

wefwq
Aug 23, 2014, 11:53 PM
LOL B20 lobby trash removed? And yet people still fail TD EQs. How ironic XD
Actually lots of them are coming back to the game and repopulate the said block.

trentjosh
Aug 24, 2014, 12:48 AM
in my experience the english speaking player base is more mixed into the general population now then it was before the isp troubles i frequently run into English speakers in almost every MPA when in the appropriate blocks on ship 2 by the way

WNxTyr4el
Aug 25, 2014, 06:38 AM
After now playing for about 70+ hours, I've realized that there are quite a lot of English speaking players left. Typically I'll look for the English names during party search and when typing in English when looking for an EQ party, I usually get picked up quite fast meaning there's lots of English players left to read my message or Japanese players just know what "LFG VH EQ" means (I'm willing to bet they do). But regardless, there's plenty of English players left from what I can tell. Typically only 250+ on the proxy at any one time but I have a feeling that's not ALL English speaking players.

But anyway. All English players I've played with are very nice and often ends in adding them to friends before parting ways.

If I've run across anyone recently with the player ID of 11011990 or character name M3phisto (all hail the supreme race of Cast!), let me know :).

Punisher106
Aug 25, 2014, 10:20 AM
You can always use CyberKitsune's proxy to play, it's ridiculously easy to set up.

All of my this. It's definitely easy to set up, and you get an additional feature of talking with other people who use the proxy, so you can set up runs like that, even if you're not in a team.

But yeah. The population took a hit, but it's still thriving, thanks to various methods of flipping the bird to Segac's lethargy of completely fixing the routing problems. I still avoid b20 like the plague, even if it's hardly populated to this day.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 25, 2014, 12:16 PM
After now playing for about 70+ hours, I've realized that there are quite a lot of English speaking players left. Typically I'll look for the English names during party search and when typing in English when looking for an EQ party, I usually get picked up quite fast meaning there's lots of English players left to read my message or Japanese players just know what "LFG VH EQ" means (I'm willing to bet they do). But regardless, there's plenty of English players left from what I can tell. Typically only 250+ on the proxy at any one time but I have a feeling that's not ALL English speaking players.

But anyway. All English players I've played with are very nice and often ends in adding them to friends before parting ways.

If I've run across anyone recently with the player ID of 11011990 or character name M3phisto (all hail the supreme race of Cast!), let me know :).

go to a SH block and yell that and there's TONS of English players in every block so idk what the hell you're talking about

TaigaUC
Aug 25, 2014, 02:06 PM
Didn't realize so many international players were still blocked from accessing PSO2.
I try to avoid EN players, but I keep ending up in 50%+ EN multis, most of which are really terrible.
Doesn't matter which block I go to. Doesn't seem to matter what time of day, either.
First warning signs are seeing EN players chatting happily in public and spamming crap in the lobby. Same as before.

I wanted to do the Border Break Mines EQ the other day. For Summer Rappies and Tagamikazuchis.
Every run was almost entirely EN players, and they all kept leaving after the Mizers (except for one run).
Really annoying. Wish I took some screenshots, to block them for satisfaction.
Partly SEGA's fault for poor design, but still. When it's mostly JP people, usually half the MPA or more are still left after the Mizers.

I still can't access PSO2 stuff on my main connection.
It partially lifted a while back and then resumed blocking me the next day.
Someone I know got blocked recently, despite being fine before.

My ISP got back to me repeating that the block is with how SEGA is advertising their servers.
Although Sizustar or someone around here said it's Yahoo that's handling the routing.
My ISP also said that different ISPs have different routes, so it's not based on my location.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 25, 2014, 03:36 PM
go to a SH block and yell that and there's TONS of English players in every block so idk what the hell you're talking about

What are you talking about, sir? Because I wasn't disagreeing with anybody here. I was saying that I thought there are a lot of English players. I thought that was clear in that post.