PDA

View Full Version : AotI Online Story questions (Story spoilers)

Gunbladelad
Aug 5, 2014, 02:21 AM
OK - when the official servers were up I never got to play the actual story that continues on after the destruction of the Guardians Colony at the end of episode 2 (the offline AotI story). I'd like to know what happens there. I know Lumia has a key role in it, but more than that, I haven't any knowledge.

Secondly - there's a character who has a prominent role in both the box art and the pre-chapter FMV sequences, but never actually appears in the Episode 2 storyline itself. I can only assume he has a major role in episode 3 - I'd like to know what the deal with this guy is. You'll see him to the right of Laia here;

http://i.imgur.com/uccABr0.jpg

DeathDragon2332
Aug 5, 2014, 05:34 AM
Karl F. Howzer? Leader of the Illuminus. That's all I remember. You also fought him in a JP mission called Ohtori Encampment.

Gunbladelad
Aug 5, 2014, 09:39 AM
Ah, I kinda remember Howzer's name getting mentioned ingame, but I don't recall him ever appearing in the EU offline missions - Like I said, it seemed odd that he'd have such a prominent role on the box art and in the chapter intro FMV, yet never actually appeared in the game.

The Illuminus part of the story kind of just stops with Ethan saying he's going off to find his father was being held prisoner by the Illuminus (another story loose-end that never gets covered offline) - I'm pretty sure I remember Howzer's name being mentioned at that point though.

Dr.No
Aug 5, 2014, 10:36 AM
Yep, Howzer's the main leader of the Illuminus after he has the previous leader assassinated. If I remember correctly, he's also the maker of Dulk Fakis, which he made from data from Dark Falz. The Cast Magashi is modeled after him as well, in terms of personality.

He's the main villain in Ep3, he first fights you when you go to rescue Ethan's father Orson. I don't remember too much about him after that (Other than he was corrupted by Dark Falz some time ago and he's been serving it ever since), since I had stopped playing before all of Ep3 was released.
I think someone on this site has videos of all the Episode 3 content, but I'm unsure if the videos are still around.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 5, 2014, 10:48 AM
He's the main villain in Ep3, he first fights you when you go to rescue Ethan's father Orson. I don't remember too much about him after that

He's also the penultimate boss before Dark Falz in the final chapter. And in at least one of the story paths, he himself is the vessel of Dark Falz.