PDA

View Full Version : Can't Access PSO2 JP Website

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 04:47 PM
My friend can't access the website to register and download the game. Any reason why?

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 5, 2014, 04:55 PM
DDoS attack screwed with western ISPs and their ability to connect to the game and the site. There's more knowledgeable people than me about this, but if he can't connect normally, he'll need to use a VPN, AWS tunneling, or that PSOProxy program (all of which I believe have threads on theses forums to guide you how to set them up). He can download the game from the english patch site with their launcher though, but still needs to get his ID from the PSO2 site.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 05:02 PM
Yeah that makes sense. I don't have a problem on my laptop but I do on my phone lol. I'm hoping he'll jump through the hoops.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 06:21 PM
If he can't access the site without a proxy does that mean he won't be able to play the game without a VPN or other method?

Poyonche
Aug 5, 2014, 06:38 PM
Just wanna know :

-Where do you live ?
-Who is your ISP ?
-Who is your MSP ? (Mobile Service Provider, idk if dat name exists lol :3)

WNxTyr4el
Aug 5, 2014, 07:08 PM
Both of us are in Florida

My provider is Verizon for home and AT&T for mobile. Idk about him. I think he has Comcast or Brighthouse

Poyonche
Aug 5, 2014, 07:32 PM
If he has Brighthouse it should works, so i think he is on Comcast.

TaigaUC
Aug 5, 2014, 08:51 PM
I'm not going to post my personal info or location, but this is not a joke or troll post.
Not making a new topic because there are enough of those already, and I don't want to attract too much attention (eg. if the DDoSer starts taking notes for future DDoSes).

I occasionally check to see if SEGA has re-allowed access to my home connection.
And... now I'm suddenly able to access PSO2.jp on my home connection.
I couldn't last week, and I couldn't during this week when I wanted to check the scratch listings.
No idea if this includes game login (as it's maintenance) or how long it'll last.

Also no idea if it's my ISP, because the last they told me was they couldn't do anything.
I sent them another mail a while ago asking if changing ISPs would work. They said they'd get back to me and never did.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 5, 2014, 09:32 PM
I'm not going to post my personal info or location, but this is not a joke or troll post.
Not making a new topic because there are enough of those already, and I don't want to attract too much attention (eg. if the DDoSer starts taking notes for future DDoSes).

I occasionally check to see if SEGA has re-allowed access to my home connection.
And... now I'm suddenly able to access PSO2.jp on my home connection.
I couldn't last week, and I couldn't during this week when I wanted to check the scratch listings.
No idea if this includes game login (as it's maintenance) or how long it'll last.

Also no idea if it's my ISP, because the last they told me was they couldn't do anything.
I sent them another mail a while ago asking if changing ISPs would work. They said they'd get back to me and never did.

At this point, it's pretty much give the tracert or it didn't happen. Just so people don't falsely get their hopes up. Mind sharing who your ISP is? I figure its not super personal, but if you don't want to that's okay.

TaigaUC
Aug 5, 2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I know.

Where I live, it's a fairly popular ISP. I'm certain other people will start posting about it once they notice.
I sent my ISP a mail asking if it was their doing or not, so we'll see.
Thanks for being understanding.

Fufufu
Aug 5, 2014, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I know.

Where I live, it's a fairly popular ISP. I'm certain other people will start posting about it once they notice.
I sent my ISP a mail asking if it was their doing or not, so we'll see.
Thanks for being understanding.

If you have previously accessed the website over a proxy or vpn there is a good chance you're seeing a cached site.

TaigaUC
Aug 5, 2014, 10:43 PM
No, I only use the proxy to log into the game.
I did a trace route and it goes to pso2.jp. It'd previously time out way before it.

Anyway, it could just be something my ISP did and may not apply to other people.
It'll probably be a while before I hear back from them.

If it was SEGA, it just means SEGA still adjusts who they broadcast their route to, during each maintenance.
It's happened before with Verizon and Mexican ISPs losing and regaining access.
Just means everyone has to use alternatives until SEGA happens to allow access.

Sizustar
Aug 5, 2014, 11:53 PM
No, I only use the proxy to log into the game.
I did a trace route and it goes to pso2.jp. It'd previously time out way before it.

Anyway, it could just be something my ISP did and may not apply to other people.
It'll probably be a while before I hear back from them.

If it was SEGA, it just means SEGA still adjusts who they broadcast their route to, during each maintenance.
It's happened before with Verizon and Mexican ISPs losing and regaining access.
Just means everyone has to use alternatives until SEGA happens to allow access.

Sega diesb;t control who to broadcast it to, that'll be Yahoo Japan that's responsible.

TaigaUC
Aug 6, 2014, 02:53 AM
Okay. Well, I can access the website, and I can see the ships.
But I still can't log in. Figures.

reaper527
Aug 6, 2014, 12:59 PM
Okay. Well, I can access the website, and I can see the ships.
But I still can't log in. Figures.

looking at the time stamp on your post, it looks like you may have tried to log on before maintenance ended.

i have yet to hear of someone who can access the website but not the game (excluding niche cases of misconfigured proxies)

WNxTyr4el
Aug 6, 2014, 07:22 PM
If my friend can't connect to the website to download the game does that also mean he won't be able to connect to the game when he gets it up and running (thinking ahead)?

What are some ways he can download the game and install it. All I've done is send him a link to my dropbox to download the downloader. Will that work?

What are the options in terms of playing and connecting?

TaigaUC
Aug 6, 2014, 08:19 PM
No, I logged on after maintenance ended because I read the website's notice saying maintenance was over.
I also successfully logged on using a proxy.

Anyway, I woke up today and found that I can no longer see the website again.
What a pain up the butt.