PDA

View Full Version : VPN is safe right?

holmwood
Aug 5, 2014, 11:09 PM
All we have to do is type in the confirmation code they give you by email right?

EDIT:

I'm asking those of you who actually used vpn in the past to connect. Not those who only have rumors to go off of.

SakoHaruo
Aug 5, 2014, 11:12 PM
VVee Pee iiN is like getting into a collision with the home plate catcher. o3o

holmwood
Aug 5, 2014, 11:19 PM
I heard it from the folks in this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/29jjhf/sooo_anyone_got_banned_yet_using_vpn_just/

EvilMag
Aug 5, 2014, 11:19 PM
I don't know. Do you choose to attack your opponent directly even when he has face down cards on the field?

un1t27
Aug 5, 2014, 11:30 PM
Nope.

reaper527
Aug 6, 2014, 01:04 PM
you're sharing the same ip as a ton of other strangers. that is inherently an unsafe practice, and could potentially have negative consequences.

odds are you will be fine, but you are absolutely increasing your odds of having an issue. as such, if it's an option, your best bet is to have someone you know (who is able to connect without an issue) host a vpn for you from their machine, and tunnel through their connection.

this gets you the same end result, and the ip you connect from will be limited to people you know and trust to not do something stupid.

se7iin
Aug 6, 2014, 01:55 PM
I don't know. Do you choose to attack your opponent directly even when he has face down cards on the field?

Nope. Do you play your best stuff when they have 3 untapped islands and a card in hand?

Helvetica Standard
Aug 6, 2014, 05:12 PM
Nope. Do you play your best stuff when they have 3 untapped islands and a card in hand?

Counter Target Spell! :D

Sacrificial
Aug 6, 2014, 05:47 PM

MST/Forbidden Lance, Dark Bribe, etc

holmwood
Aug 6, 2014, 06:04 PM
you're sharing the same ip as a ton of other strangers. that is inherently an unsafe practice, and could potentially have negative consequences.

odds are you will be fine, but you are absolutely increasing your odds of having an issue. as such, if it's an option, your best bet is to have someone you know (who is able to connect without an issue) host a vpn for you from their machine, and tunnel through their connection.

this gets you the same end result, and the ip you connect from will be limited to people you know and trust to not do something stupid.

Thanks! This was very helpful. : )

reaper527
Aug 7, 2014, 12:53 PM

pft, implying that you actually need lands to counter a spell