PDA

View Full Version : AotI PSU Extra Mode Offline to Aoti Questions?

AlliThePally
Aug 6, 2014, 04:01 PM
Hello Everyone!

I've recently just bought PSU and PSU:aoti for the PC.

I used to play this game years ago when the 360 servers were still up but i've been looking to play it again but this time offline.

My question would be what must I get before moving to Aoti. I'm really not interested in playing PSU's main story at all. I remember playing it on the xbox and from what i've done so far it is still as agonizing as it was years ago. But I want to play extra mode and not have content locked out. My question would be what should I do before moving to the expansion.
do I HAVE to finish everything on the main story?
Are there any items I have to get before transfering my characters? I read somewhere that I have to get the tengoh bow and the whitill wings before moving to AoT are there any other things I should get before moving over?

I've only ever played online but i'm really looking forward to playing it again offline!

thanks for the help!

Jaspaller
Aug 6, 2014, 04:46 PM
Getting a completed save from someone else would be the quickest way to get past the story mode. Otherwise you could just use cheat engine to max out your level and breeze through most of it (if you can find a non-GG executable).

Completing story mode means you get Karen's card for extra mode (which is impossible to get in AOTI without hacking) so make sure you get that done before you transfer. You'll have to create each character too before you transfer over since the empty slots won't get the partner card when created in AOTI.

Also get whatever units from the shops you want since many of them become tough to find (Me/Quick, Blackheart, Whitill Wings, etc.)

EDIT: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2720412#post2720412
Maybe that will help

AlliThePally
Aug 6, 2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks!
That save worked and that is exactly what I wanted to know. When I get a chance to play a bit more i'll look around and see what I can find before I transfer.

Gunbladelad
Aug 7, 2014, 06:17 PM
If you choose to do it legitimately, then you'll need to complete the story mode in order to unlock all Extra Mode's missions. I know, kinda disappointing, but that's how it goes.

As for AotII believe the last of the content is unlocked after completing both the story and the mother brain bonus mission

AlliThePally
Aug 7, 2014, 09:40 PM
I figured as much! I just downloaded that save from the person so my Ranger has all the cards and stuff now :) I got the few units I wanted too!

I'm working on the story now too! I'm so excited too I was never really able to finish it online when the servers were up. I had to quit playing before I could finish it so yeahhh!

If you're looking for a quick way since the story is terrible follow the link Jaspaller posted.

Jaspaller
Aug 8, 2014, 03:51 AM
If you choose to do it legitimately, then you'll need to complete the story mode in order to unlock all Extra Mode's missions. I know, kinda disappointing, but that's how it goes.

As for AotII believe the last of the content is unlocked after completing both the story and the mother brain bonus mission
To add on to this, besides misssions several items aren't available to be bought until you get farther in the story (or beat the story mode). These include Photon Arts, Weapons, Armors, Armor Units and many Synthesis related items/boards.

AlliThePally
Aug 8, 2014, 01:37 PM
I've just realized that tonight. It is sort of irritating that i'm going to have to beat the story each time on AotI for my characters but oh well that's life!

I'm enjoying the game a lot thus far thanks for the heads up. It's still pretty fun to kill time with even if I have to deal with the horrid AI. I'm looking at a few of the mission packs from that psumods site.

Gunbladelad
Aug 8, 2014, 04:08 PM
Don't worry there - I'm in the same boat. I've got a completed save game of AotI from long ago, but I went back to the original to start hunting for all the items that are hard (or impossible) to find in AotI (The Tengoh Bow is one you can't get in AotI, IIRC - there's a few other items, mainly the S-Rank armours from the shops).

Once I've got the items on each of the 4 characters (Only one so far completed) I'll be doing a fresh transfer over to AotI then working through the story mode evenly with all four characters so that all have access to the same missions at all times.

AlliThePally
Aug 8, 2014, 07:15 PM
Are there any S Rank armors you can get in AotI then? I/m not much of a stats freak. I just would like to equip all the units.

Gunbladelad
Aug 8, 2014, 08:49 PM
I'd need to check but I'm not entirely certain that there's too much in AotI that wasn't already in AotI's online mode at least...

Just take a peek at the various FAQs about the subject and you'll have the answer the morning...