PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 A PSO2 Launcher

arcnmx
Aug 6, 2014, 07:15 PM
Some people might find this useful, it's a bit of a power user updater/patcher/launcher. It's quick and convenient, and for the most part you can just pretend it isn't there. There's no GUI, no interaction, no buttons to press... Just set it up with a shortcut (and tweak it with whatever options you like) and start using it to launch PSO2 - it'll automatically make sure things are up to date and patched before starting the game.

Also consider it beta software, maybe keep an eye on this thread for issues or updates. Dunno, it works for me..!

Stickboy
Aug 6, 2014, 07:42 PM
i thought we already have tweaker

Skyly
Aug 6, 2014, 08:11 PM
i thought we already have tweaker

Tell that to Bing*

undead098
Aug 6, 2014, 08:32 PM
it is looks like a "nerd" version of tweaker...

GHNeko
Aug 6, 2014, 08:33 PM
More options are better.

This might be better suited to some, and worse for others.

This is probably very useful for people who have data caps or poor speeds.

http://i.imgur.com/4Wji3Kj.jpg

Maenara
Aug 6, 2014, 09:19 PM

You are playing an unofficially translated japanese game that is mostly unknown anywhere the game is not officially available.

UnLucky
Aug 6, 2014, 09:31 PM
I think I remember this being around for a while now as a lightweight alternative launcher. Didn't know it did English patches, though.

arcnmx
Aug 9, 2014, 07:22 PM

That's exactly what it is. It's faster, doesn't get in your way or ask annoying questions... It's not for everyone, it's basically targeted at the opposite audience as tweaker - people who don't need their hand held every step of the way. It just serves its KISS goal, to get you updated and in-game as quickly as possible.

I think I remember this being around for a while now as a lightweight alternative launcher. Didn't know it did English patches, though.
You must be thinking of something else then, I put this together over last weekend because Tweaker wasn't really doing what I needed it to. Over the next while most of the speed/download improvements from this launcher will probably make their way into tweaker though. The new story patch method already has, with others to follow.