PDA

View Full Version : pingzapper restart trick crashes game

onlysaneone
Aug 6, 2014, 09:39 PM
1. i load and turn on pingzapper
2. i launch the game and select a ship
3. at the username + password screen, i restart tunnel and turn off pingzapper

then i log in and it works fine. but now when i login, my game crashes immediately. i can log in only when pingzapper is turned on, but i would disconnect after the time limit

what's going on

UnLucky
Aug 6, 2014, 09:56 PM
oh it works fine? that's good, case closed

onlysaneone
Aug 6, 2014, 10:01 PM
i should have said "in the past, it works fine, but now (since yesterday maybe?) it doesn't."

the issue i have atm is this: i cannot log in after doing the pingzapper trick. the game just crashes if i try.

or i could not do the trick and leave it on. but then i would disconnect after a while because of pingzapper's free trial limitations, right? am i mistaken anywhere?

UnLucky
Aug 6, 2014, 10:15 PM
I dunno, it shouldn't crash at the username/password screen since it doesn't require a constant connection. Even closing Pingzapper without anything fancy, or just disconnecting your internet shouldn't crash the game. Once you hit enter it'll give you an error, but that should be expected.

Try logging on with everything on, then log out and try restarting it then.

onlysaneone
Aug 6, 2014, 10:52 PM
if you mean log in the game with PZ on, then log out, then restart (PZ?, resulting in it being off?) and then log in, then no. what i'm seeing now is like if PZ is not active, then i cant log in.

i'll say some things that may or may not matter.

for clarification about the crash: PZ is off, i put in my password and hit login. the game freezes and then "pso.exe has stopped working." like my mouse cursor doesn't even have a chance to move after clicking login because it freezes immediately

i had another issue before i had this one, maybe they are related.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221142
that issue was apparently fixed after i restarted my computer, but then this issue came up.

my brother who is using the same methods has no problems. could it be i fiddled with PZ tunnels too much and fked up something? i dont even know

the only solution i see is if i only play with PZ active, and then log off after bits of playtime to avoid being PZ-disconnected

onlysaneone
Aug 6, 2014, 11:21 PM
update: all of what ive done, described in this thread so far, has been with the sao paulo tunnel. i am using the tokyo tunnel and i am able to log in. i'll see if i suffer the 30mins tokyo issue

Helvetica Standard
Aug 6, 2014, 11:53 PM
There's no 30 minute tokyo issue or anything similar. This "trick" was a bug that allowed for people to use the tunnel without time limit. It was patched and now it doesn't work.
No matter what you do, free users will always disconnect at the 30 minute mark. (Unless of course you pay, then it'll be unlimited for the subscription's duration.)

onlysaneone
Aug 7, 2014, 12:07 AM
i see. when was this PZ patch?

Qualia
Aug 7, 2014, 04:13 AM
There's no 30 minute tokyo issue or anything similar. This "trick" was a bug that allowed for people to use the tunnel without time limit. It was patched and now it doesn't work.
No matter what you do, free users will always disconnect at the 30 minute mark. (Unless of course you pay, then it'll be unlimited for the subscription's duration.)

This is definitely false. I've had no disconnection problems with Pingzapper recently.

Dark Matter
Aug 7, 2014, 05:14 AM

Youre supposed to disconnect after a full hour as a free member. If you disconnect before that, something is wrong.

Poyonche
Aug 7, 2014, 05:16 AM
Wow funny, me too, when i do the PZ trick my pso2 crash lol

Well I don't really care since i pay PingZapper

Kinaya
Aug 7, 2014, 05:59 AM
You have to close putty after you opened pso2 the first time.
Check ur process and see if putty_pz.exe is running, if its open close it and then start pso2 like you normally would and thats it, you have to close it everytime you restart zapper or else you crash

Qualia
Aug 7, 2014, 06:41 AM
Check ur process and see if putty_pz.exe is running, if its open close it and then start pso2 like you normally would and thats it, you have to close it everytime you restart zapper or else you crash

?????
I literally never crash with PZ. I have no idea why the op is having issues when I'm able to use it just fine.

Kinaya
Aug 7, 2014, 07:12 AM
Dont ask me but I know how to fix it :OO

Helvetica Standard
Aug 7, 2014, 10:21 AM
Not exactly a patch but more like a hotfix. Timer for free users used to be based on the timer on the PZ client. They fixed that because timer could be stopped by reseting tunnel then turning PZ off (the trick) Now the timer is serverside (which means that your time keeps ticking even when the client timer is stopped.)

I know the site says free users get 1 hour but that's not true. Maybe in the past, but now it's 30 minutes. If Mr. Qualia has solid 1 hour sessions as a free user, he has simply found another workaround. You guys barely started using PZ. I've used it for a looong time, enough to know about details like this.

Gee, this forum...

Qualia
Aug 7, 2014, 12:55 PM
If Mr. Qualia has solid 1 hour sessions as a free user, he has simply found another workaround.

um what???
There is no other workaround. I get to the login screen, type my un/pw, restart tunnel, turn PZ off, and login. I do not get disconnected at all, and I can stay logged in for more than six hours at a time.

Poyonche
Aug 7, 2014, 01:00 PM
Just go in PZ folder, open the settings.ini and switch AutoRestart to 0 instead of 1.

It may works. :/

onlysaneone
Aug 7, 2014, 08:14 PM

at what point do you end putty?

because if it's this then i failed
1) enter ship
2) restart tunnel
3) turn off PZ
4) putty end task?
5) login. i crash

Sandmind
Aug 7, 2014, 10:09 PM
I was having that 30min DC after trying that trick using Tokyo server. Earlier this week, I tested Sao Paolo and it was then working for me (and still was 10h ago).

Basicly, I do my restart of tunnel and turning off connection, then pingzapper itself at the ship selection screen.

But I will try to keep an eye on that putty_pz.exe if it stop working for me.

Kinaya
Aug 8, 2014, 02:32 AM
at what point do you end putty?

because if it's this then i failed
1) enter ship
2) restart tunnel
3) turn off PZ
4) putty end task?
5) login. i crash

nah you dont close putty during the time you play pso2 or else you crash, you close it after ur done playing, just watch ur process when you do the trick the 2nd time you'll see 2x putty_pz.exes in ur list and thats why it crashs ur game
edit: not everyone has this problem so if you see only one putty_pz.exe after you did the trick twice ur fine but if ur game crashs its probably the problem I described

onlysaneone
Aug 8, 2014, 06:42 AM
well. ok i can log in after doing the PZ trick. i uninstalled and reinstalled PZ, and then make a new PZ account just in case.

but then i disconnected after 1 hour. not sure if coincidence or if PZ trial kicked in somehow.
it looked like exactly 1 hour. i made a skype message when i logged in, the time i dc'ed was 1 hour after that.

Gemking
Dec 8, 2014, 09:46 PM
Guys, just pay the dang thing. A whole year membership is only like $30. that is like the equivalent of 2 months of WOW and 4 months of Runescape. Plus, if you want to play monthly intervals, it
is only $3.99. It really isn't a bad deal in my opinion.

Gardios
Dec 8, 2014, 10:17 PM
Oh snap, we actually attracted a shill.

ashleebabee2308
Dec 9, 2014, 10:50 AM
I don't know if you're still having problems, OP, but I still use Pingzapper on multiple computers and I use the Sao Paolo tunnel because the Tokyo one always booted me out after the half hour. I used to use London but that stopped working properly for me too. Occasionally PZ likes to boot me out after an hour or so but for the most part I can play for hours and not have a problem. I played for roughly 3 hours the other day with no disconnection. Just wanted to let you know that it's still working properly for me, as someone who has the free account.