PDA

View Full Version : Hope they'll increase the drop rate of matter board items with EP3

the_importer_
Aug 7, 2014, 08:16 AM
It's one thing having to kill a regular enemy a bunch of times in order to get a matter board item drop, but it's another thing having to kill the same boss over and over again just for a single nod on a board.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 7, 2014, 08:27 AM
It is a bit unnecessary. But I don't know if this is one if the Matter board improvements SEGA has in store. I definitely would like it myself.

the_importer_
Aug 7, 2014, 08:35 AM
It is a bit unnecessary. But I don't know if this is one if the Matter board improvements SEGA has in store. I definitely would like it myself.

Why is it unnecessary?

WildarmsRE5
Aug 7, 2014, 08:37 AM
bu-bu-bu-bu-but.

. . . it's my only entertainment when I have nothing else to do. . .

besides, its helpful infact, you can see the boss's attack patterns, behaviors and algorithims and practice it to perfection.

the_importer_
Aug 7, 2014, 08:43 AM
bu-bu-bu-bu-but.

. . . it's my only entertainment when I have nothing else to do. . .

besides, its helpful infact, you can see the boss's attack patterns, behaviors and algorithims and practice it to perfection.

Ya, but considering that there's like 4 boss nods starting on Matter board 5, it's redundant. If it was 1 boss per board, it would be more acceptable.

WildarmsRE5
Aug 7, 2014, 08:46 AM
just go steady, not all at once, you'll burn out that way.

I remember the day when I went from MB3 to MB14 because of that all class TMG revolvers.

I do not recommend it.

unless you have something you also want from the matter board that badly.

in the end, since I was that far from the MB, I thought about continuing the story as well.

still haven't finished MB16 cause, LQ stuff.

Lyrise
Aug 7, 2014, 09:00 AM
Not sure if they adjusted the drop rates for bosses again in the EP1 MBs, but I think they're just fine in Ep2, you should need no more than 5-6 kills at worst; most of which can just be done in TA, so its not something you really need to think about.

There used to be a time where you didn't even have that progress meter for each node - the item dropped or it didn't. Anybody who remembers this will also recall just how bad it was to get the drops for Vardha and Quartz on MB6; you probably had a better chance winning the lottery than you did finding those items. If you did find those items, you probably would have cursed the fact that it was luck that could have been better spent finding something else.

Sayara
Aug 7, 2014, 09:06 AM
Nodes that are needed to unlock story in ep1 should be a 100% drop rate now, So, if you're just doing MB to rush through the story you dont have to worry too much about that.
If you're 100%ing.. then...

Misaki Ki
Aug 7, 2014, 09:12 AM
When the game came out it took me a month to get a drop from Rockbear. I haven't really touched the matterboard since the whole system is quite dissuasive for myself.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 7, 2014, 09:42 AM
Why is it unnecessary?

Its unnecessary to make me repeatedly kill enemies just for one item. It'll eventually become a guaranteed drop anyhow, so just save time and just give me the item the first time I kill the mob or boss.

Lyrise
Aug 7, 2014, 10:32 AM
Its unnecessary to make me repeatedly kill enemies just for one item. It'll eventually become a guaranteed drop anyhow, so just save time and just give me the item the first time I kill the mob or boss.

Which is already what they do if its on the way to the next key node. My opinion is that optional nodes should stay the way they are (it's not even that bad anymore, 4-5 kills as opposed to 50+), as it's your choice to go out of your way to get them if you want to. Otherwise, why even have them there in the first place?

Shinamori
Aug 7, 2014, 10:49 AM
Not sure if they adjusted the drop rates for bosses again in the EP1 MBs, but I think they're just fine in Ep2, you should need no more than 5-6 kills at worst; most of which can just be done in TA, so its not something you really need to think about.

There used to be a time where you didn't even have that progress meter for each node - the item dropped or it didn't. Anybody who remembers this will also recall just how bad it was to get the drops for Vardha and Quartz on MB6; you probably had a better chance winning the lottery than you did finding those items. If you did find those items, you probably would have cursed the fact that it was luck that could have been better spent finding something else.

I've killed like 20 blu ringhadas to get that katana

IndigoNovember
Aug 7, 2014, 10:54 AM
I just wish Despair worked for getting MB boss drops. All those Blu Ringahdas gone to waste.

isCasted
Aug 7, 2014, 11:20 AM
(it's not even that bad anymore, 4-5 kills as opposed to 50+)

Perhaps you are playing some kind of different PSO2 than me, because it really takes 30-50 kills to fill up some bars, and stuff like Abyss Minion or Kenei really doesn't like dropping before it fills up.

I just wish Despair worked for getting MB boss drops. All those Blu Ringahdas gone to waste.

What's weird, for me Decol Malluda bar filled up in TD3, but Ringahda one didn't.

Mysterious-G
Aug 7, 2014, 12:05 PM
Disagreed. Ep. 1 stuff drops at a 100% rate already, and Ep. 2 drops, too, are easy as is outside of the optional and very good 10* items that you might as well work for a little bit. Then, the current trend shows more cutscene than item hunt nodes too, making the supposed issue even more of a non-issue to me.

Ezodagrom
Aug 7, 2014, 12:07 PM
Disagreed. Ep. 1 stuff drops at a 100% rate already
Only nodes required for the story to progress, side nodes in Ep1 MBs don't.

Lyrise
Aug 7, 2014, 12:10 PM
I stand corrected - I remember dealing with that Ken'ei drop, that was more 12 kills for me - filled the bar half way, and then it decides to drop.

I guess what I'm remembering was also how easy the boss drops were in MB 17, got the triboost (Gwanada) within 4 kills, and Gaelbolg in 3.

Regardless, I'll still take 50 kills over the pure randomness we got back in Ep1.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2014, 12:12 PM
Its unnecessary to make me repeatedly kill enemies just for one item.

What else is Phantasy Star if not exactly this?

the_importer_
Aug 7, 2014, 12:35 PM
What else is Phantasy Star if not exactly this?

For a Rare item, I agree that it should be hard, but for a stupid nod on a board, such tasks are dumb. So either fix the drop rate for bosses or make a boss battle battle arena or something. Fighting the bosses aren't that bad, it's getting there that's annoying.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 7, 2014, 01:07 PM
For a Rare item, I agree that it should be hard, but for a stupid nod on a board, such tasks are dumb. So either fix the drop rate for bosses or make a boss battle battle arena or something. Fighting the bosses aren't that bad, it's getting there that's annoying.

This. Normal rares I have no issue with. Its the MB ones that upset me.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2014, 01:18 PM
This. Normal rares I have no issue with. Its the MB ones that upset me.

Right but we're talking about an artificial lengthening of content.

Sega wants the story to last X time on average, so they use random MB stuff to achieve that goal.

Don't blame the symptoms, blame the disease. Sega's unwillingness to create actual content is why it takes that long.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 7, 2014, 01:27 PM
Right but we're talking about an artificial lengthening of content.

Sega wants the story to last X time on average, so they use random MB stuff to achieve that goal.

Don't blame the symptoms, blame the disease. Sega's unwillingness to create actual content is why it takes that long.

That's fine, it usually doesn't take long for nodes needed to progress the story. Its the optional nodes that aren't necessary to unlock story quests I'm talking about. I've killed so many blu ringhada and I still don't have that damn kenei.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2014, 01:30 PM
Ah yes, those. Well, considering what some of those items can be worth, I felt it was worth the work. But, then, I never minded things like that. That just came with the experience I always had with PS myself. I'd be playing the game anyway, so that was just something on top of what I'd already be doing. I can understand not liking it, though.

the_importer_
Sep 1, 2014, 10:29 PM
Gonna bring this topic back to live instead of creating a new one. To anyone who hasn't completed some boss nods on someone of your matter boards, here's what you do:

Select one of these nods and then go back to the matter board after it kicks you out. Notice that all of your boss nods now have a completed orange progress bar, meaning that you kill it once and you get your prize!!

And here I though I was just getting lucky since the update, SEGA simply decided to give us the item if we kill the boss once :p

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 1, 2014, 10:58 PM
Gonna bring this topic back to live instead of creating a new one. To anyone who hasn't completed some boss nods on someone of your matter boards, here's what you do:

Select one of these nods and then go back to the matter board after it kicks you out. Notice that all of your boss nods now have a completed orange progress bar, meaning that you kill it once and you get your prize!!

And here I though I was just getting lucky since the update, SEGA simply decided to give us the item if we kill the boss once :p

I saw this. Instantly picked up my Kenei and my Agito. I was like, "YUS!!!"

Azazel7108
Sep 2, 2014, 03:07 AM
the NEW MB CHANGES to drops are 4 boss kills at most. I went from 5-9 yesterday. not long at all or even hard. hell most of them are 1 kill drops. i personally think your comments about the MB having to many bosses per set to be a poor thinking. would you kill that boss 6 times if it dropped a 10~12star rare you wanted? also would you like to just make the games story to be completed 20mins after making a chr? also keep in mind that this was set into play for all users & types not just a handful.

Stealthcmc1974
Sep 2, 2014, 06:00 AM
the NEW MB CHANGES to drops are 4 boss kills at most. I went from 5-9 yesterday. not long at all or even hard. hell most of them are 1 kill drops. i personally think your comments about the MB having to many bosses per set to be a poor thinking. would you kill that boss 6 times if it dropped a 10~12star rare you wanted? also would you like to just make the games story to be completed 20mins after making a chr? also keep in mind that this was set into play for all users & types not just a handful.

I had killed that Blu Ringhada more times that I have fingers and toes and still never got Kenei. You ask me, it was a long time coming getting that thing.

Story is still something you need to have decent lvl for, not just a matter of clearing MBs. Doubly so to clear MB16.

As far as I see it, there's more incentive to clear MBs now. The rares given aren't the best, but they're nice to have. You still have to hunt for the best gear (my Sukei... :() As for Items nodes all unlocking in a string making it even faster, we never asked for that, that was all SEGA.

the_importer_
Sep 2, 2014, 07:12 AM

Your opinion doesn't matter now, fact of the matter is that SEGA changed it. Like it or not, that's how it is now.

Shinamori
Sep 2, 2014, 07:44 AM
I had killed that Blu Ringhada more times that I have fingers and toes and still never got Kenei. You ask me, it was a long time coming getting that thing.

Story is still something you need to have decent lvl for, not just a matter of clearing MBs. Doubly so to clear MB16.

As far as I see it, there's more incentive to clear MBs now. The rares given aren't the best, but they're nice to have. You still have to hunt for the best gear (my Sukei... :() As for Items nodes all unlocking in a string making it even faster, we never asked for that, that was all SEGA.

I killed Blu like 18 times before I gotta that Kenei to drop.

gigawuts
Sep 2, 2014, 08:32 AM
I killed Blu like 18 times before I gotta that Kenei to drop.

I had to do the full amount.

Twice.

Solo on both chars.

Uphill both ways.

The third time dropped on the second kill.

edit: Oh, I like the MB changes. Even the items. I don't really care that the new items won't drop if you've cleared that grid, but it would've been nice if they let you find it anyway. I 100% cleared every MB on gigawuts, so yeah.