PDA

View Full Version : PS Nova will be released in Chinese

landman
Aug 10, 2014, 02:33 AM
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/08/07/sega-localizing-phantasy-star-nova-and-shining-resonance-in-chinese/

Seems like both Phantasy Star Nova and Shining Resonance (PS3) will have a Chinese localization.

I am wondering, in how many Chinese speaking countries has the Vita / Vita TV been released? has it sold decently? any numbers or more information about the Chinese pso2 server? maybe the players on that server wanted Nova and someone listened...

In any case, Sega West sucks :disapprove:

blace
Aug 10, 2014, 02:46 AM
China doesn't have a PSO2 server specifically, but this is a kick in the balls.

If I remember anything about the Chinese community, handhelds are about as big as they are in Japan.

Daiyousei
Aug 10, 2014, 02:50 AM
If they are localizing in TRADITIONAL Chinese it is very likely Taiwan and/or Hong Kong. Mainland China uses Simplified.

blace
Aug 10, 2014, 02:54 AM
Having a game translated and localized for a region that was a part of the IP block to keep RMT down, is still a kick to the face for the rest of the world west.

Daiyousei
Aug 10, 2014, 02:58 AM
Taiwan isn't blocked, only China was to keep RMT down, and I wouldn't put Taiwan in the same region as China. They're separated by water and one's an island, and for political reasons.

Sizustar
Aug 10, 2014, 03:15 AM
If they are localizing in TRADITIONAL Chinese it is very likely Taiwan and/or Hong Kong. Mainland China uses Simplified.

This is for the Taiwan region specifically, HK will also get and sell copies(Like Freedom War<HK and Tw are at war in the City war, with HK edging out ATM)

But Taiwan and Japan has really close relation ever since the end of WWII, when Taiwan was a colony of Japan.

Although this seems to be more of Sony's doing then Sega, as there are now more Chinese version of games for Sony console(PS3, PSV, PS4)
Freedom Wars, toukiden, DangaRopa 1+2, Phantasy Star Nova, Million Arthur, Persona, etc.
And Taiwan also has their own PSN service, even if the region is smaller then the US.

blace
Aug 10, 2014, 03:51 AM
Taiwan isn't blocked, only China was to keep RMT down, and I wouldn't put Taiwan in the same region as China. They're separated by water and one's an island, and for political reasons.

The point I was making is that, the game(s) are getting localized for use in other regions other than Japan itself and that even if the game is made for Taiwan, that wouldn't mean it couldn't be sold over in the mainland.

Traditional and simplified are different, but it's not a vastly different character set.