PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Telsta Bigpond ISP seems to be unblocked?

scarlettwing
Aug 10, 2014, 08:20 AM
Both game and site seem to be loading perfectly fine without use of VPN as far as I can tell; no 107

BIG OLAF
Aug 10, 2014, 08:43 AM
Congratulations are in order, I suppose..?

ReverseSeraf
Aug 10, 2014, 11:07 AM
Well, it's good to know progress is coming along and that this isn't a substitute for an IP block like many have suggested.

But yes, congratulations

reaper527
Aug 11, 2014, 03:05 PM
Well, it's good to know progress is coming along and that this isn't a substitute for an IP block like many have suggested.

But yes, congratulations

ip block rumors were debunked VERY long ago. the evidence has always pointed to the contrary as far as that went. it's been known since day 1 that it wasn't an ip block.

the only real change that has happened in perception is that previously we thought western isp's were incompetent, and more recently it appears that sega's isp is the one who is incompetent (and western isp's were too rigid to be able to properly account for that incompetence.)

regardless, as you said, it's definitely good news to see more isp's able to connect.

Sp-24
Aug 11, 2014, 03:50 PM
This is hardly an evidence of anything, considering how users of some American ISPs were able to connect normally right after the servers went live, but then got blocked a week later. I was able to connect a week after servers went up, for just one week. Next maintenance, I'm blocked again, and nothing has changed since then. Other people reported being able to connect afterwards, although I'm not sure if they subsequently got blocked again.

Only thing that got debunked so far is the myth that people will ever stop grasping at straws to present opinions that they like as facts.

Ana-Chan
Aug 11, 2014, 04:08 PM
Only thing that got debunked so far is the myth that people will ever stop grasping at straws to present opinions that they like as facts.

Actually the Amazon Web Services VPN method is plenty proof of a lot of things. While the instance is stored in the Asia Pacific region, the public IP address isn't. Before I shut down the instance that I was using, I did a test.

Your IP Address Is: 54.64.25.77
Proxy: No Proxy Detected
City: seattle
State/Region: washington
ISP: amazon technologies inc.

So this is not a foreign IP block. While this also may not be incompetence on Sega's side, it is very possible that they are not publishing the route to certain ISPs, ones that were detected in the DDoS. Then over a period of time they slowly publish the route to ISPs and see if anything bad happen.

One possible reason why you could connect initially but got blocked the next maintenance was because they detected continued attacks from your ISP. But that is speculation. In short, there is proof of foreign IPs being able to connect, and foreign ISPs being able to route to PSO2.