PDA

View Full Version : Goddammit, 690 points in the Ruins Field, missed 2 clients orders!

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 11:04 AM
So ya, I had these 2 client orders to clear the Ruins on Very Hard with an S ranking:

1- With Echo only, one of the lease reliable partners
2- To clear it under 25 minutes for a speed run order

Got killed twice, so I had to start over. 3rd time, yes, killed the boss without getting killed but I was missing 10 points to get 700 for an S ranking, so I failed both orders.

On non-timed missions, it's easy, kill everything you'll get an S ranking, but when the clock is running, that's a luxury you can't afford. Is there a formula I can use to know how many enemies to kill to reach 700 points (including the boss)?

Thanks

Kikikiki
Aug 10, 2014, 11:15 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385

I'll be the judge if my posts should be in the Quick topic or not. If you don't have any real answers and just go around and post this, then you're useless.

PS: I once posted a similar question in the Quick topic, it got overlooked, proving once more that this concept is far from being useful.

Mickey Mips
Aug 10, 2014, 11:33 AM
Couldn't you just do the client orders one at a time?

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 11:41 AM
Couldn't you just do the client orders one at a time?

I would do this but since the speed order requires an S raking, it wouldn't change much since the clock is main problem. Might as well do both of them.

Anyway, I was about to try something to see if the points of a Survey Quest are the same as the points required for an S Ranking in any other Quests.

Poyonche
Aug 10, 2014, 11:43 AM
Try this : maybe just kill the ennemy dat spawn (and you notice on ur map) while rushing to the end.

UnLucky
Aug 10, 2014, 11:53 AM
I forget if they changed it so Friend or Free partner cards won't break the specific NPC Only type COs. Heck, you might even be able to bring other NPCs now. I know other players could always help you do those.

More warm bodies = more spawns = faster S rank. I doubt anyone else would be running the free field seeing as how there's the LQ and all, but try and find an MPA to kill things nearby for you.

GHNeko
Aug 10, 2014, 12:03 PM
I'll be the judge if my posts should be in the Quick topic or not. If you don't have any real answers and just go around and post this, then you're useless.

PS: I once posted a similar question in the Quick topic, it got overlooked, proving once more that this concept is far from being useful.

Woah woah woah. No need to be so hostile. That's not doing you, personally, any favors. Regardless of the other person's initial response.

That being said. How much time are you generally completing Ruins with left over.

Are you playing on the easiest difficulty possible? Have you simply tried leveling more? Or getting better gear?

How many times have you tried shifting your playstyle? The types of techs you use and then some.

Kikikiki
Aug 10, 2014, 12:05 PM

You can just bump the thing instead of creating a bazillion topics for every question you have. It's an eyesore.

P/s: Getting S Rank is easy, just go for a straight route and only kill things that spawn in front of you on the way, don't even bother going back to kill stuffs or taking detours. It should only take you 5-10 minutes at most to get to Area 3 with enough points for S Rank. Identifying the route to the next area is easy once you get used to it, it should only take 2-3 tries since Ruins isn't Sanctum.

I forget if they changed it so Friend or Free partner cards won't break the specific NPC Only type COs. Heck, you might even be able to bring other NPCs now. I know other players could always help you do those.

They did, but it didn't apply to every of this type of CO, e.g Lisa.

Woah woah woah. No need to be so hostile. That's not doing you, personally, any favors. Regardless of the other person's initial response.

That being said. How much time are you generally completing Ruins with left over.

Are you playing on the easiest difficulty possible? Have you simply tried leveling more? Or getting better gear?

How many times have you tried shifting your playstyle? The types of techs you use and then some.

He did say it's on VH, I think his gear is just shit for the time.

Gama
Aug 10, 2014, 12:17 PM
ask your friends for help.

TaigaUC
Aug 10, 2014, 12:28 PM
I remember failing an S rank by like 0.01% before or something fackin' stupid.

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 01:03 PM

More warm bodies = more spawns = faster S rank. I doubt anyone else would be running the free field seeing as how there's the LQ and all, but try and find an MPA to kill things nearby for you.

Tried it for fun, it doesn't work.

I've been on forums since the 90', people like this need to learn their place. There's a good reason why responses like "let me google that for you" are against the rules on many forums, because they're ass-hole responses, just like the one he gave me.

If he would have included a nice response with his link, I would have ignored it, but what he did, nah. He's a regular user like everybody else. If he doesn't like something that someone is doing, his only resource is to PM a mod, that's it.

Well the client orders are on Very Hard or +, so not much of a choice here. I try to keep about 8 minutes out of the 25 for the boss since it requires multiple hits of my strongest Techs in order to kill it. As for Echo, well she just runs around like an airhead getting killed.

As for everything else, it wouldn't change much. Until I know how points are calculated, it's a gamble with time that I'm taking. I tried comparing with a Survey Quest by writing down the points I was getting for different enemies, but it seems that I must have been imagining the possibility of abandoning a regular field quest and getting a result ranking.

You can just bump the thing instead of creating a bazillion topics for every question you have. It's an eyesore.

Yes, heaven forbid that we should have posts on a forum. Why don't we post everything in the single topic, that way, we'll have a clean page. But why stop there? Next stop, let's go to a chat room and only talk in private chats so that the main page stays clean. OK, enough sarcasm.

I'm able to tell if a topic has the potential to have enough response to be it's own topic. I can be wrong sometimes, but this is obviously not the case for this topic. Using a full or even half a page of that Quick question topic would simply be a bad idea since it would bury actual quick questions and they could go unanswered.

He did say it's on VH, I think his gear is just shit for the time.

-Using a combo of Force and Techer with all of the T-ATK Up skills mastered in both classes, T-ATK High Up and Charge Revival for Force
-Lv 175 Mag with 174 for T-Attack
-All Techs are Lv10 or higher
-Using a Blue Wand for Techer and a Blue Rod for Force, both of them at +10 and they give out the most T-Attack power out of all the Rares up to 9 Stars. Obviously, there's better 10 and 11 Stars ones but since I haven't play Super Hard yet, those aren't an option at the moment.
-For my units: Rear / Fen Ibiel +10, Arm / Fen Urion +10, Leg / Fen Aegis +10. These are the Rares below 10 Stars that will give me the most S-Defense that I can get at the moment.

KazukiQZ
Aug 10, 2014, 01:14 PM
But Blue weapons have the same penalty as crafted weapons, low minimum damage. Means you cannot do consistent damage like other uncrafted rare weapons

Kikikiki
Aug 10, 2014, 01:23 PM
I've been on forums since the 90', people like this need to learn their place. There's a good reason why responses like "let me google that for you" are against the rules on many forums, because they're ass-hole responses, just like the one he gave me.

What is it, veteran forum experience? That's not really valid. This forum's moderation system is ass, so I don't know why you are bringing up other stuffs. It doesn't apply here.

I'm able to tell if a topic has the potential to have enough response to be it's own topic. I can be wrong sometimes, but this is obviously not the case for this topic. Using a full or even half a page of that Quick question topic would simply be a bad idea since it would bury actual quick questions and they could go unanswered.

Or you can just re-post it once per page.

-Using a combo of Force and Techer with all of the T-ATK Up skills mastered in both classes, T-ATK High Up and Charge Revival for Force
-Using a Blue Wand for Techer and a Blue Rod for Force, both of them at +10 and they give out the most T-Attack power out of all the Rares up to 9 Stars. Obviously, there's better 10 and 11 Stars ones but since I haven't play Super Hard yet, those aren't an option at the moment.
-For my units: Rear / Fen Ibiel +10, Arm / Fen Urion +10, Leg / Fen Aegis +10. These are the Rares below 10 Stars that will give me the most S-Defense that I can get at the moment.

But Blue weapons have the same penalty as crafted weapons, low minimum damage. Means you cannot do consistent damage like other uncrafted rare weapons

This is one reason.

The other reason is, pardon me if I read it wrong, your skill tree being shit. Why aren't you going for percentage skills? They give out more damage than focusing on raw stats. It's RPG 101.

All techs being level 10 or higher doesn't mean much unless you list out what techs do you use the most often. You're better off investing in one or two element instead of going all over the place. Right now Dark/Ice seem to be the hot stuffs, do invest in those instead.

GHNeko
Aug 10, 2014, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't call it RPG 101. It's more so PSO2 102. A lot of people fail to realize how important %-skills are and how little they get out of static buffs early on, but usually realize their mistakes quickly. This is because of the power creep PSO2 and the constant level cap raises. The static stat skills do not go are far now as they did when the level cap was like 30. Not only this, but who is to say he's not an Open Beta player with an old skill tree (which if this is the case or he's had an account for a while, he should probably reset his skill tree...)

In other RPGs, %-skills dont tend to stack so frequently and so high up and sometimes either are too small of a % boost or just straight to exist at all.

That being said, his still tree is lack-luster from his description, but I think the main offender is the Blue/Red weapons he's using which means that his potency is even more RNG based than I'm sure he'd care to enjoy.

Tried it for fun, it doesn't work.

If he would have included a nice response with his link, I would have ignored it, but what he did, nah. He's a regular user like everybody else. If he doesn't like something that someone is doing, his only resource is to PM a mod, that's it.

Well the client orders are on Very Hard or +, so not much of a choice here. I try to keep about 8 minutes out of the 25 for the boss since it requires multiple hits of my strongest Techs in order to kill it. As for Echo, well she just runs around like an airhead getting killed.

As for everything else, it wouldn't change much. Until I know how points are calculated, it's a gamble with time that I'm taking. I tried comparing with a Survey Quest by writing down the points I was getting for different enemies, but it seems that I must have been imagining the possibility of abandoning a regular field quest and getting a result ranking.

Yes, heaven forbid that we should have posts on a forum. Why don't we post everything in the single topic, that way, we'll have a clean page. But why stop there? Next stop, let's go to a chat room and only talk in private chats so that the main page stays clean. OK, enough sarcasm.

What's the set bonus on those units? What affixes do they have?

You should probably drop the Blue Wand/Force.

And excuse me, while you may be a forum veteran, trying to teach people to "learn their place" is a job reserved for the moderators. If you have a problem with a post and you feel its infringing on the rules, just report them and/or PM a mod about it.

Trying to take care of it yourself is like pissing in the ocean and most likely isn't going to do much here, besides making it harder to conversate in topics without getting into a slapfight with people of whom you've had poor encounters with before in the past.

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 02:03 PM

Hmm, interesting. Let me present you with a scenario before asking you a question.

I'm in the Ruins on VHard, facing a single Darker, let's a Dagan. I have a Blue Rod equipped and using 2 charged Gigrants, I can currently take it out in about 6 seconds.

Will another Rod at +10 allow me to take it out in 1 charged Gigrants or a couple of uncharged ones?

Sacrificial
Aug 10, 2014, 02:07 PM
killing 30 mobs or 3 codes + no deaths should grant S rank. Its been like that for a while.

+ A friend(player) can still help you even if the Co says"With echo only" The mechanics only limit npc partners.

GHNeko
Aug 10, 2014, 02:10 PM
Hmm, interesting. Let me present you with a scenario before asking you a question.

I'm in the Ruins on VHard, facing a single Darker, let's a Dagan. I have a Blue Rod equipped and using 2 charged Gigrants, I can currently take it out in about 6 seconds.

Will another Rod at +10 allow me to take it out in 1 charged Gigrants or a couple of uncharged ones?

Another Rod @+10 is probably going to take 3-4.

The problem with Blue/Red Rod (and weapons in general) is that it might take 1-8 charged techs because the damage variance is that wide.

Crafted/Blue/Red weapons can give higher attack power than most 9* and below and maybe even some 10*, but your AVERAGE damage will more than likely go down.

The only time you should switch to a Crafted/Blue/Red weapon is when you can tell that your average damage is higher than your previous weapon and/or the next few weapons you'll realistically get your hands on.

So if its a 7* non-crafted, it's about Potential THEN Attack Power.

If its crafted, then its about Average Damage THEN Potential THEN Attack Power.

Omega-z
Aug 10, 2014, 02:33 PM
@ the_importer_ - what Sacrificial said is what I was going say.

Oh I have question, do you mean that you were around since 2000 ~ 2001, I guess 90's is sort of close. Because Tomeeboy comments stating he started pso-world then. Or do you mean on other forums also, like pscave?

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 03:14 PM
Another Rod @+10 is probably going to take 3-4.

The problem with Blue/Red Rod (and weapons in general) is that it might take 1-8 charged techs because the damage variance is that wide.

Crafted/Blue/Red weapons can give higher attack power than most 9* and below and maybe even some 10*, but your AVERAGE damage will more than likely go down.

The only time you should switch to a Crafted/Blue/Red weapon is when you can tell that your average damage is higher than your previous weapon and/or the next few weapons you'll realistically get your hands on.

So if its a 7* non-crafted, it's about Potential THEN Attack Power.

If its crafted, then its about Average Damage THEN Potential THEN Attack Power.

My scenario wasn't a random example, this is what is really happening right now, every time. I can't tell you how non-charged tech work since I rarely use them, but I can guaranty you that if I take out a certain enemy with X amount of charged hits, that the next one in the same quest will take just as much. The only time this changes is when the enemies become stronger or I do.

Each field is populated with enemies with the same weaknesses, Light for Darkers and another element for the others. I've learned which technique takes out which enemy or a mob of enemies quicker and since I've programmed my bumper buttons to switch between techs, it's pretty quick.

So you can understand why I'm having problems understanding what you saying about damage variance when I can practically tell you how long it will take me to clear a screen of enemies since I know how many charged hit it will take to wipe them out and which one to use. I'm sure what you are saying is true, but I just can't explained to why I'm able to take down the enemies with the same amount of charged hits.

As for my trees, I am well aware that I'm not concentrating my points on mastering individual elements, but there's a good reason for this, I've never believed in mastering anything, in game or in real life, not when you can simply average out everything first.

In my profession, I'm a Jack of All Trades, I'm good in everything but not a master of anything. This way, I can have my hands on many projects and using my based knowledge in that area, I can still solved problems. On the other hand, a master of something might be a pro in that certain area and solved problems quicker than I could, but he will be useless in others areas.

In PSO2, this can reflect as follow. The guy who spent all of his points mastering fire (about 50 points) will kill Natives in the forest faster than I can, but in the caves, I'll have less problems with the Dragons than he will. Anyway, this subject is kind of pointless since we know that one of these days, the level cap will be at lease 100 and that I'll have enough to hit elemental master points, especially with the new trees coming that will require less points to unlock the next one nod.

@ the_importer_ - what Sacrificial said is what I was going say.

Oh I have question, do you mean that you were around since 2000 ~ 2001, I guess 90's is sort of close. Because Tomeeboy comments stating he started pso-world then. Or do you mean on other forums also, like pscave?

I only said "forums", never said anything about PSO or video games in particular. I just meant that I've been using forums for decades now and that I know this kind of individual and how to behave.

GHNeko
Aug 10, 2014, 03:26 PM
If you're a FO/TE. You can put points into all of your masteries and still be a jack of all trades.
There are skills like Tech Charge Advance, or Tech JA Advance, which increases your damage on all tech skills. Period. These should have infinitely more priority over static increases. If you truly wish to be a jack of all trades
I'm not sure what you mean by you dont understand damage variance. If you're able to get up to 20k with a technique with a crafted weapon, your lowest point can be as low as 10k. With a noncrafted weapon, you can get as high as 15k but your lowest will be 14.5k.
If your taking out enemies in 1-2 hits consistantly, that just means your average damage is high enough to take out enemies in 1-2 hits, but the problem is; They're MOOKS. They're trash mobs. They are a poor scale of strength. Especially if you're not paying attention to your damage. Damage variance matters much much more during the actual boss. Because the amount of hits you need to take out the boss can vary by a large amount (as much as 2x if horrid luck) simply because you can do as little as 55% damage of your maximum damage, and this will bring down the average damage you deal to the boss per second meaning it takes longer meaning more chances for you to die and fail. This is what I (and some others) are referencing with damage variance. So stop using trash mobs as a scale of strength because the results you get from them are mostly irrelevant. The reason we are telling you to drop the rod for something that yields more consistent damage isn't for more damage, it's for just that. Consistent DPS.

Macmaxi
Aug 10, 2014, 03:42 PM
As for your question. I remember asking this before and i got a few answers. I'm pretty sure the conditions changed over the time as people were wondering in that thread before, but there are a few numbers. Can't help with the efficiency.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218438

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 03:51 PM
If you're a FO/TE. You can put points into all of your masteries and still be a jack of all trades.
There are skills like Tech Charge Advance, or Tech JA Advance, which increases your damage on all tech skills. Period. These should have infinitely more priority over static increases. If you truly wish to be a jack of all trades
I'm not sure what you mean by you dont understand damage variance. If you're able to get up to 20k with a technique with a crafted weapon, your lowest point can be as low as 10k. With a noncrafted weapon, you can get as high as 15k but your lowest will be 14.5k.
If your taking out enemies in 1-2 hits consistantly, that just means your average damage is high enough to take out enemies in 1-2 hits, but the problem is; They're MOOKS. They're trash mobs. They are a poor scale of strength. Especially if you're not paying attention to your damage. Damage variance matters much much more during the actual boss. Because the amount of hits you need to take out the boss can vary by a large amount (as much as 2x if horrid luck) simply because you can do as little as 55% damage of your maximum damage, and this will bring down the average damage you deal to the boss per second meaning it takes longer meaning more chances for you to die and fail. This is what I (and some others) are referencing with damage variance. So stop using trash mobs as a scale of strength because the results you get from them are mostly irrelevant. The reason we are telling you to drop the rod for something that yields more consistent damage isn't for more damage, it's for just that. Consistent DPS.

Like I said, talking about the Tree Skills is pointless, they'll be replaced this month and I have no doubts that we'll hit Lv100 before next summer.

As for weapons, I understand what you mean now, but you probably justified why I should stick with my Blue ones. You said that with any other regular weapons, that it would take more hits to kill those "trash mobs" but less hits to kill a boss. Well here's the thing, I don't get killed often by bosses, I get killed by trash mobs gang raping me from all sides.

Bosses are a joke in this game, they're slow, I'm fast and none-of them have the 1 hit kill equivalence of the Forest Dragon's crush landing, Del Rol Le's laser attack, Vol Opt's missiles or Dark Falz's many cheap tricks from PSO1. Playing as a solo Force back then was a nightmare but it's child's play now.

GHNeko
Aug 10, 2014, 04:11 PM
Ahh. My bad I guess @ the skill tree.

I gave examples to help solidify my point though. If your average damage is high enough as a crafted/blue/red weapon, then getting a rare non-crafted weapon that is maybe 200tatk less, will serve you much better.

If then, then I guess the advice other people has given you will serve you better than what I've given.

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 04:21 PM
Ahh. My bad I guess @ the skill tree.

I gave examples to help solidify my point though. If your average damage is high enough as a crafted/blue/red weapon, then getting a rare non-crafted weapon that is maybe 200tatk less, will serve you much better.

If then, then I guess the advice other people has given you will serve you better than what I've given.

It doesn't hurt to try, I mean next time I come across a decent 9 Stars Rod, I'll try it instead of selling. If I find that it works well ungrinded, it should give me a clue on how a +10 should fair.

As for your question. I remember asking this before and i got a few answers. I'm pretty sure the conditions changed over the time as people were wondering in that thread before, but there are a few numbers. Can't help with the efficiency.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218438

Well there you go, that's what I needed. It may be outdated, but I got something to work with. Thanks.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 10, 2014, 04:45 PM
none-of them have the 1 hit kill equivalence of the Forest Dragon's crush landing, Del Rol Le's laser attack, Vol Opt's missiles or Dark Falz's many cheap tricks from PSO1. Playing as a solo Force back then was a nightmare but it's child's play now.

There's plenty of attacks PSO2 bosses have that can absolutely murder you, they're just all avoidable:
Rockbear grab (does it even kill actually? I've only been hit by it a few times when I first started the game)

Vol Dragon's fire anything is pretty unpleasant to be hit by

Banther/shee can give certain classes a hard time if they're unprepared (they also have a rarely seen grab but everyone I've seen get hit by it pretty much dies)

Big Vardha's vacuum, lasers and the constant everything on his ship can be disastrous

Quartz Dragon for a period of time had my number cause I had the damndest times reading his tells (also helps to play using your ears to avoid laser rain, but I'm often in a mumble chat so with people constantly talking it was hard to hear)

I particularly hate fighting Zeshryda on SH, same with Blu Ringada

I've died more on Bal Rodos than I care to admit, usually it's my fault (bad reads on the bite) or I just can't tell when he'll do the multiple medium sized water ball spit cause he can do it from the same positions he'll do the water stream or the giant water ball; I've also been stun locked into a bite by the rare version due to the Seglez'ns it drops.

Chrome Dragon can go either really well or really bad, if anything it's just the ground spikes that would kill me cause it'd happen when I'm in the process of doing something I can't cancel.

Cougar can give me an OBNOXIOUS time if I'm not on the right class.

Knight Gear is...interesting, I haven't solo/non-mpa'd him to get a good idea of how tough he is. I can say he can jump REALLY REALLY FAR to someone that has all the hate, and he'll jump twice if he's angry (what triggers him going nuts btw? just lower health or being shocked or what?). He doesn't kill me in one hit, just two or three, but it happens fast enough where it may as well be one hit (tends to be a shield stun, a hit with a sword that either sends me flying or freezes me, and then a third hit to finish me off lol).

All in all, compared to PSO, they've pretty much cut down on most of the cheap stuff due to, well, this is a pretty casual game, making things cheaply difficult just hurts your player base and in turn, less $$$. Gotta think from a business perspective.

The only things I'd consider hard are more recent. The Beckoning Darkness EQ in the Mothership, TD3 (in general, it's pretty negligible when you have a good group but the threat of something going horribly wrong is still there), Falz Loser in general has a good PSO1 boss feel, very damaging attacks, cheap stuff, a phase that briefly takes control away from the player.

Anyway, to answer your question, try not to go out of your way to kill everything, just kill everything nearby, focus on larger enemies (krab, clonadas), they're worth more points. Do emergency codes if you get em. Heck, one emergency SHOULD be enough to get you S rank.

Edit: less text wall

the_importer_
Aug 10, 2014, 04:57 PM
There's plenty of attacks PSO2 bosses have that can absolutely murder you, they're just all avoidable:
Rockbear grab (does it even kill actually? I've only been hit by it a few times when I first started the game)

Vol Dragon's fire anything is pretty unpleasant to be hit by

Banther/shee can give certain classes a hard time if they're unprepared (they also have a rarely seen grab but everyone I've seen get hit by it pretty much dies)

Big Vardha's vacuum, lasers and the constant everything on his ship can be disastrous

Quartz Dragon for a period of time had my number cause I had the damndest times reading his tells (also helps to play using your ears to avoid laser rain, but I'm often in a mumble chat so with people constantly talking it was hard to hear)

I particularly hate fighting Zeshryda on SH, same with Blu Ringada

I've died more on Bal Rodos than I care to admit, usually it's my fault (bad reads on the bite) or I just can't tell when he'll do the multiple medium sized water ball spit cause he can do it from the same positions he'll do the water stream or the giant water ball; I've also been stun locked into a bite by the rare version due to the Seglez'ns it drops.

Chrome Dragon can go either really well or really bad, if anything it's just the ground spikes that would kill me cause it'd happen when I'm in the process of doing something I can't cancel.

Cougar can give me an OBNOXIOUS time if I'm not on the right class.

Knight Gear is...interesting, I haven't solo/non-mpa'd him to get a good idea of how tough he is. I can say he can jump REALLY REALLY FAR to someone that has all the hate, and he'll jump twice if he's angry (what triggers him going nuts btw? just lower health or being shocked or what?). He doesn't kill me in one hit, just two or three, but it happens fast enough where it may as well be one hit (tends to be a shield stun, a hit with a sword that either sends me flying or freezes me, and then a third hit to finish me off lol).

All in all, compared to PSO, they've pretty much cut down on most of the cheap stuff due to, well, this is a pretty casual game, making things cheaply difficult just hurts your player base and in turn, less $$$. Gotta think from a business perspective.

The only things I'd consider hard are more recent. The Beckoning Darkness EQ in the Mothership, TD3 (in general, it's pretty negligible when you have a good group but the threat of something going horribly wrong is still there), Falz Loser in general has a good PSO1 boss feel, very damaging attacks, cheap stuff, a phase that briefly takes control away from the player.

Anyway, to answer your question, try not to go out of your way to kill everything, just kill everything nearby, focus on larger enemies (krab, clonadas), they're worth more points. Do emergency codes if you get em. Heck, one emergency SHOULD be enough to get you S rank.

Edit: less text wall

Guess I was lucky to only get killed for pathetic reasons like not healing fast enough. I think one of the other key factor is that this is not buggy Dreamcast game with shitty camera controls :p

moorebounce
Aug 10, 2014, 05:05 PM

I feel you on that. I've posted questions on that thread and never got an answer. So people who just keep posting that link and saying you need to use that thread can go eat a big fat $!@#.

About those client orders I stopped after doing a couple of them. You'll be just fine without doing them. I could see if they gave you something hard to get or gave you something worth your time other than having them completed.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 10, 2014, 05:35 PM
My OCD makes me do them. If they're not repeatable I want them gone. >=(

Macmaxi
Aug 10, 2014, 07:36 PM
Well most bosses get ridiculously trivialized by Just Guards and the ridiculous amount of healing everyone can carry around. For everything else it's just staying on distance enough to be able to avoid attacks but not far enough to trigger long range attacks (like jumps).

The Knight Gear actually wont even throw his shield once, if you are always close to him, nor will he jump. Most bosses can also be locked into repeating only a few moves by positioning correctly, so it's just a bit trial and error.

UnLucky
Aug 10, 2014, 11:26 PM
In my profession, I'm a Jack of All Trades, I'm good in everything but not a master of anything. This way, I can have my hands on many projects and using my based knowledge in that area, I can still solved problems. On the other hand, a master of something might be a pro in that certain area and solved problems quicker than I could, but he will be useless in others areas.Usually I'd expect companies to hire more than one employee, though. Why hire two generalists for two jobs when you can hire a specialist for each?

Of course there's managerial roles and those that need to jump between departments, but not everything translates well from life into a video game.

In PSO2, this can reflect as follow. The guy who spent all of his points mastering fire (about 50 points) will kill Natives in the forest faster than I can, but in the caves, I'll have less problems with the Dragons than he will.
Well, not exactly. The fire guy has 44% stronger techs everywhere, or 73-87% stronger against weak enemies. With those points, you might be able to gain maybe up to 10% stronger techs in general since masteries give a much bigger bonus than general percentage based skills which give a much bigger bonus than T-Atk Up. Which becomes 32-43% against weak enemies. Note that the specialist is doing 144% damage with fire on enemies you're dealing 143% using ice. That's their worst vs your best.

As for weapons, I understand what you mean now, but you probably justified why I should stick with my Blue ones. You said that with any other regular weapons, that it would take more hits to kill those "trash mobs" but less hits to kill a boss. Well here's the thing, I don't get killed often by bosses, I get killed by trash mobs gang raping me from all sides. I hope you understand now that a rare weapon, uncrafted and isn't Red/Blue, will be a lot better with the same stats.

What GH is talking about is that even a seemingly weaker weapon can still outpace what you have due to variance.

The way it works is that a rare weapon with 1000 Atk really means 900-1000 as min-max Atk. Red/Blue/crafted weapons that show 1000 Atk actually have 0-1000 Atk. It's that bad. But at least in that case you gain your Dex as min damage. I'm overly simplifying it, but it would probably come out to around 400 min, capped at 900, so Dex has no effect on rare weapon damage variance. It's actually calculated by subtracting the target's Dex from yours, then multiplying by 2, but it's fairly safe to assume it'll be about half anyway so it cancels out.

What I mean to say is, a rare weapon with 740 Atk (averages at 703) would beat a Red/Blue/crafted weapon with 1000 Atk (averages at 700).

Kikikiki
Aug 11, 2014, 12:10 AM
In PSO2, this can reflect as follow. The guy who spent all of his points mastering fire (about 50 points) will kill Natives in the forest faster than I can, but in the caves, I'll have less problems with the Dragons than he will. Anyway, this subject is kind of pointless since we know that one of these days, the level cap will be at lease 100 and that I'll have enough to hit elemental master points, especially with the new trees coming that will require less points to unlock the next one nod.

Sadly this isn't how it works. Masteries have unconditional damage bonus, weakness only adds even more damage on top of that. I'm prety sure you haven't seen people with Fire tree pops a SH Lilipa TA dome open in one Nafoie, haven't you?

Like I said, talking about the Tree Skills is pointless, they'll be replaced this month and I have no doubts that we'll hit Lv100 before next summer.

So you might as well wait until when they're replaced to do those client orders.

IndigoNovember
Aug 11, 2014, 01:07 AM
I'm still wondering why you haven't just asked a friend for help.

UnLucky
Aug 11, 2014, 01:12 AM
I'm still wondering why you haven't just asked a friend for help.

http://i.imgur.com/sfye5Qb.jpg

GHNeko
Aug 11, 2014, 02:07 AM
UnLucky is one of my new favorite posters.

mysides

landman
Aug 11, 2014, 02:48 AM
I remember those COs being one of my "dailies" when leveling up in my first months (the similar ones from Kresida and Lavere), because in two runs, the second one being a rushed one, you could complete a good amount of COs for good exp. Now with the 30k exp kill 60 enemies from hans I wouldn't do them.

The main issue with your skill tree is the T-atk. If you are getting those 120 t-atk from the ice tree, ok, those are not bad after getting all the other good skills, but every other skill with t-atk is a waste, but you made your point on skill trees so..

Weapon, if you can't buy 10* then you either grind or buy grinded a good latent 9* weapon, I remember Haze Processor having immediate justice, but checking cirnopedia it now says it has Circuit Breakout? o_O if the Talis page is right I see there a bunch of them with immediate justice, that's the latent you want if you can't afford a weapon for every element yet.

And agreed about the "go to quick questions thread" being a useless answer, for some things it's an ok thread, for anything else it is not. I get annoyed when I use the search function and the forum shows me that thread, how I'm supposed to find the answer? asking again? in the other hand, a new thread, with a proper title, has enough information to see if it has what you are looking for, or even ignore it if you don't care about the topic.

UnLucky
Aug 11, 2014, 02:55 AM
You can search within threads, though.

landman
Aug 11, 2014, 04:07 AM
But the answer/answers will provably be scattered along the thread, a single thread for a topic will have a full discussion on the matter with more viewpoints.

GHNeko
Aug 11, 2014, 04:18 AM
It would be nice if someone would be willing to organize a Q&A and keep it neat, but that would require cooperation with some of the mods *cough*

UnLucky
Aug 11, 2014, 05:42 AM
Well I just tried the Seabed one with Echo and it let me do it with a friend, support, or free partner card.

Already did the Ruins one before so I can't try it anymore.

But I can totally do Lisa's Rampage in the Tundra with friend partners.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 11, 2014, 05:50 AM
Well most bosses get ridiculously trivialized by Just Guards and the ridiculous amount of healing everyone can carry around. For everything else it's just staying on distance enough to be able to avoid attacks but not far enough to trigger long range attacks (like jumps).

The Knight Gear actually wont even throw his shield once, if you are always close to him, nor will he jump. Most bosses can also be locked into repeating only a few moves by positioning correctly, so it's just a bit trial and error.

That's odd, I know being close he won't jump, but I have been shield bashed or he throws his shield anyway.

the_importer_
Aug 11, 2014, 09:58 AM
Well since the topic is still active, I think I'll ask this. I'm curious to see if another Rod or Wand would indeed be more effective than my Blue equipment on bosses like GHNeko was telling me. If it is, I could always switch between weapons for regular enemies and bosses. Since 9 Star Wands and Rods are dirt cheap on my ship and that I have Grinders and Grinding items coming out the ass, I thought I'd make the test this week.

But what to pick? I'm looking at Cirnopedia but all I get are the stats, don't see any negative points. Can anyone suggest a decent Rod and Wand?

Macmaxi
Aug 11, 2014, 10:04 AM
That's odd, I know being close he won't jump, but I have been shield bashed or he throws his shield anyway.

Well he does his combo with the shield, if you are behind him, but that doesn't stun. But he doesn't do the shield frisbee if you are close enough. Maybe if you are standing in front of him, he does the throw which just goes in a straight line, i mostly stood behind him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh6wTjInGh4

@ importer

I'm not entirely sure about the whole damage variance stuff, but getting a 10* weapon shouldn't be that much of an issue if you can do SH. Pretty much anything goes even if you just +10 it without the potential. It's what i did. When i started off as a fresh Hunter, i used an Agrani Answerer which is already a high damage Partisan.

Use your RDR Boosts in EQ's like TD or even in the LQ if you have enough (though drop rate tends to be lower there). If you get TD3 the crystal has tons of stuff in it even if it's just the regular darker 10* weapons. These should definitely be better than the 9 star weapons even if you don't unlock the potential. It's arguably easier with premium, but i guess you don't have that. Heck, if you were on Ship 4 i could drop you whatever you want since 10* weapons are actually kinda cheap ungrinded and unaffixed.

Or if you are really unlucky, AQ's or even the Elder Pyroxenes get you going though those tend to be less optimal. I don't think you need to worry about Potentials at all if you are just starting out, but getting light element might help for darkers too.

Ok this is my fourth and last edit: What i have gotten quite frequently is the rose candle wand from Knight Gear... in the Knight Gear LQ obviously, but it's 11* and not affordable to grind for people with low budget also isn't quite worth it.

Otherwise, i feel like people love number crunching more than anything here in an actual short run does that bit of damage really matter? We are talking about optimizing here, changing up the weapons wont really change anything if he already has a decent weapon. You might wanna look out for more severe stuff like did you get the elemental weakness right and is it on 50? And are you using the "right" techs. I wished i could help you there, but force and techer are both on level 1 for me so eh.

Daiyousei
Aug 11, 2014, 10:27 AM
btw Knight Gear's attacks ignore Messiah time invincibility.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 11, 2014, 10:58 AM
Well he does his combo with the shield, if you are behind him, but that doesn't stun. But he doesn't do the shield frisbee if you are close enough. Maybe if you are standing in front of him, he does the throw which just goes in a straight line, i mostly stood behind him.

Knight Gear thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh6wTjInGh4)

Well that's quite a noble duel. I'm a break whore and see fit to break his sword and shield first. You can also Shock him and he just falls down stunned for quite a bit.

IndigoNovember
Aug 11, 2014, 12:40 PM
Well since the topic is still active, I think I'll ask this. I'm curious to see if another Rod or Wand would indeed be more effective than my Blue equipment on bosses like GHNeko was telling me. If it is, I could always switch between weapons for regular enemies and bosses. Since 9 Star Wands and Rods are dirt cheap on my ship and that I have Grinders and Grinding items coming out the ass, I thought I'd make the test this week.

But what to pick? I'm looking at Cirnopedia but all I get are the stats, don't see any negative points. Can anyone suggest a decent Rod and Wand?

Lamda Garland will increase every Just Attacked technique.

Macmaxi
Aug 11, 2014, 12:55 PM
Well that's quite a noble duel. I'm a break whore and see fit to break his sword and shield first. You can also Shock him and he just falls down stunned for quite a bit.

I was off to holidays the day after so i wanted to get this done at that day, until the LQ becomes unavailable. The sword is actually my Burn Spada in disguise for my knight outfit.

I was more prioritising of not getting hit and even if he looks fairly easy with swords it's always a different story (or i just suck. actually i just suck).

I might redo this seeing how the stream quality wasn't the best either.

the_importer_
Aug 11, 2014, 01:48 PM
Lamda Garland will increase every Just Attacked technique.

I'm more of fast charge shot kind of guy, not a big fan of just attack since it slows down my beat.

isCasted
Aug 11, 2014, 02:02 PM
I'm more of fast charge shot kind of guy, not a big fan of just attack since it slows down my beat.

That's another problem with you. Just Attacking is essential part of gameplay, "doing it faster" is not an option (unless there's some sort of exceptional situation).

Kikikiki
Aug 11, 2014, 02:11 PM

You lose out on 30% damage without Just Attacking.

IndigoNovember
Aug 11, 2014, 02:23 PM
You lose out on 30% damage without Just Attacking.

Thought it was 35%. Doesn't matter, the point is that's a decent amount of damage gone.

I assume you don't charge your techniques either?

Well, if you don't want to start Just Attacking Seitenweise will increase your PP regen rate.

landman
Aug 11, 2014, 02:37 PM
Importer, unless you are having a rod for each element, you need to use just attack and immediate justice latent, if you are not just attacking you need to start now, you are not loosing any time for just attacking, your techs are not charging faster because you are maintaining the button pressed long before. and of course you know where your skill points need to go, JA skill is a must for charged and uncharged.

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2014, 03:24 PM
Just attacks are faster anyway. >_>

Macmaxi
Aug 11, 2014, 04:10 PM
Just attacks are faster anyway. >_>

Really? I never felt that. JA'ing can be quite difficult but nothing makes up for the damage ups especially considering so much in every skill tree is laid out just for that.

That being said i would love to see a JA-less skill option, because everyone who shift-spammed knuckles attacks knows how fun it is and even quite useful because you restore PP faster.

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2014, 04:22 PM
Really? I never felt that. JA'ing can be quite difficult but nothing makes up for the damage ups especially considering so much in every skill tree is laid out just for that.

That being said i would love to see a JA-less skill option, because everyone who shift-spammed knuckles attacks knows how fun it is and even quite useful because you restore PP faster.JAing decreases the delay before you can attack again. It's not a big difference, but it's there. To be honest I'm actually not sure if it counts for techs.

Sizustar
Aug 11, 2014, 04:32 PM
JAing decreases the delay before you can attack again. It's not a big difference, but it's there. To be honest I'm actually not sure if it counts for techs.

Beside the charge time, it is faster, especially if you have crafted it to reduce charge time.