PDA

View Full Version : Trying to download PSO2 but can't...

Daft
Aug 10, 2014, 06:00 PM
I wanted get back into PSO2 but I need to download it all again for my new PC. I see there has been some "hacking" of some sort since I've played, so I guess that explains why I can't access the JP website to download the client.

Is there any possible way to download the game and patches still? Any help will do...even if I need to be redirected to another thread.

Thanks for any help.

Lighthero
Aug 10, 2014, 06:16 PM
I suggest using the PSO2 Tweaker to download, install and patch the game. After that you might want to access the game via a VPN. There is a lot of stuff about it in the first couple pages of this forum. So, feel free to browse a bit to find what you like.

Gama
Aug 10, 2014, 09:34 PM
all he needs to do is check if pso2.jp is working for him, if yes its likely tht he wont need a vpn.

LoneWolf019
Aug 11, 2014, 01:29 PM
what is a VPN?

Sizustar
Aug 11, 2014, 01:34 PM
what is a VPN?

A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it is directly connected to the private network, while benefiting from the functionality, security and management policies of the private network. A VPN is created by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryptions.

A virtual private network connection across the Internet is similar to a wide area network (WAN) link between sites. From a user perspective, the extended network resources are accessed in the same way as resources available within the private network.

VPNs allow employees to securely access their company's intranet while traveling outside the office. Similarly, VPNs securely connect geographically separated offices of an organization, creating one cohesive network. VPN technology is also used by Internet users to connect to proxy servers for the purpose of protecting personal identity and location.